Home The Bridge
Options

New Mega Announced - Forever As One

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good thing about the faction event being last, is the 5* crew will be bonus crew in the replay/flashback event after the mega. So may be an easier event to skip.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    I just realized... How many weeks is that without a full faction? Now add in all the existing Astrophysicists. Now add all of the new Astrophysicists who will be added. That is the recipe for the most competitive faction event so far this decade!

Don't tell DB, I'm truly enjoying a few weeks without shuttle events!

Factions are the only ones I can rank in, so I wholeheartedly disagree with this comment
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am praying he's SCI (for Picard)/ SEC (for number one)/ DIP. Some combo of DIP/SCI/CMD seems most likely, but that's the 2nd most common legendary skill set. Which I guess makes it all the more likely for DB to print him that way.

With the caveat that I haven’t signed up for CBS All-Access again and so haven’t seen a single episode: I wouldn’t be surprised if PN1 (P&#1?) was DIP/SCI/SEC or DIP/SCI/COM. Given how crew are designed sometimes, though, maybe we should expect to be disappointed with DIP/COM/SEC?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lewis Zimmerman and Imprinted Archer have pets and they both have MED. Oh, and Amanda Rogers with the puppies. Don't end the trend, DB!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lewis Zimmerman and Imprinted Archer have pets and they both have MED. Oh, and Amanda Rogers with the puppies. Don't end the trend, DB!

Well, it may be a stretch, but Picard did 'treat' and soothe [redacted] with Earl Grey tea when she showed up on his doorstep all agitated and frightened. "Earl Grey — never fails." ☕

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I am very happy with this news :)
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrophysicist! Did anyone guess that? I've never been happier to be wrong, this is a way better choice than Romantic or Caregiver. All of our Spocks, Burnhams, and Daxes are now on the table.

I didn't have a guess about the bonus trait, but I did say I anticipate Commander Maddox being the 3* rank reward some time during the mega. We'll know by the 12th!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what skills new Picard will have but command seems more likely followed by science then maybe a little diplomacy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what skills new Picard will have but command seems more likely followed by science then maybe a little diplomacy.

Iunno, considering the plot of episode 2, command seems pretty damn inaccurate.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

Really hard to pinpoint what skills he should have when he has done so little.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...when you realize we have a mega month full of astros right when spring training starts ;)

RichForkedDartfrog-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    ...when you realize we have a mega month full of astros right when spring training starts ;)

It's a sign!
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    when he has done so little.

When he has done so little YET. As a watcher you know he still needs certain "things" etc. before he can do more. At core he is still THE Picard though and we know his skills and qualities...

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Like I stated in a previous thread ... and as this is Picard staring out at his vineyard from under a tree ... Sommelier Picard & #1

ENG/MED/SEC(DIP)

ENG - Engineering the perfect vintage (or is it a science?)
    MED - the alcohol, counselling the Romulans, caring for his dog etc.
    SEC - fighting (from the trailer) ... but DIP is probably more accurate from the first episodes.

One can only hope. :)

I wonder if we'll have to "build" the dog, or at least its collar. :)

PS - So far, this campaign's Seven is one of the better SEC base options ... behind EV Suit and Away Team Burnham. Oh and the new 5* Airiam, but I doubt many people will have her.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

DIP and SCI are obvious, the tertiary skill could be anything.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Well, it may be a stretch, but Picard did 'treat' and soothe [redacted] with Earl Grey tea when she showed up on his doorstep all agitated and frightened. "Earl Grey — never fails." ☕
    Data1001 wrote: »

Also, puppy!!!!!

Pups are natural medicine!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

I disagree from watching Picard,
    His doctor makes a point that Picard may have an illness that would cause him to be abrupt, yell, and be less diplomatic as we have seen him be in the new series.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

It's a sign!

A sign or sign stealing?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a sign!

I hope nobody steals it.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Like I stated in a previous thread ... and as this is Picard staring out at his vineyard from under a tree ... Sommelier Picard & #1

ENG/MED/SEC(DIP)

SEC - fighting (from the trailer) ... but DIP is probably more accurate from the first episodes.

Vinification is most certainly SCI. So far, it's been the Romulans counseling Picard. If based solely on what we've seen through these first two episodes, I would go with:

SEC - Not for the sword fighting of the trailer, but for his sleuthing. My man has gone from cosplaying Dixon Hill to breaking and entering a crime scene! Plus, Number One is definitely SEC. Just ask that bird that came on the premises.

SCI - Vinification is obvious. Also, he's used forensics in his sleuthing.

DIP - He may not have the Midas touch of yesteryear, but he still knows how to set people at ease (Dahj), coax them into helping him (Dr. Jurati), persuade them to sign off on his medical status (Dr. Benayoun), and getting them not to shoot him on sight (Raffi Musiker).

Initially I thought of CMD, with a low base and a high proficiency to reflect that he's fallen out of favor but still has what it takes inside. But then I realized that would just make Picard and Number One an inverse of Mirror Jean-Luc Picard and then I thought too much about what the inverse of a mirror is. Besides, SEC, SCI, and DIP is a combination none of the other mega-event Recurring Legendaries have.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I disagree from watching Picard,
    His doctor makes a point that Picard may have an illness that would cause him to be abrupt, yell, and be less diplomatic as we have seen him be in the new series.

I agree (sort of) but DIP is the skill DB uses as filler for being around, talking to people and so on. There are people with the "brutal" trait being DIP primary already. The game also lacks skills variety to adequately reflect your alien of the week episodes so a drama show like ST: Picard makes things even harder. They have to pick some skills and it's not going to be perfect.

My prediction from the second episode for the third skill is SEC
    for the forensics scenes
    , so ideally that would make him SCI (he's Picard, with a scientific education, also vineyard shenanigans), DIP for existing, breathing and talking, and SEC.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

ENG/MED/SEC(DIP)

Vinification is most certainly SCI. So far, it's been the Romulans counseling Picard. If based solely on what we've seen through these first two episodes, I would go with:

SEC - Not for the sword fighting of the trailer, but for his sleuthing. My man has gone from cosplaying Dixon Hill to breaking and entering a crime scene! Plus, Number One is definitely SEC. Just ask that bird that came on the premises.

SCI - Vinification is obvious. Also, he's used forensics in his sleuthing.

DIP - He may not have the Midas touch of yesteryear, but he still knows how to set people at ease (Dahj), coax them into helping him (Dr. Jurati), persuade them to sign off on his medical status (Dr. Benayoun), and getting them not to shoot him on sight (Raffi Musiker).

Initially I thought of CMD, with a low base and a high proficiency to reflect that he's fallen out of favor but still has what it takes inside. But then I realized that would just make Picard and Number One an inverse of Mirror Jean-Luc Picard and then I thought too much about what the inverse of a mirror is. Besides, SEC, SCI, and DIP is a combination none of the other mega-event Recurring Legendaries have.

Sec/sci/dip are also the skills of locutus. And would connect with the first time we saw Picard go home. But this is way more thought than DB put into it.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purrdict the Doggy Picard to be DIP-SCI-MED actually. The other variant that I could possibly imagine is DIP-SCI-CMD.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    [...]DIP for existing, breathing and talking[...]

Made my day! 😂
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

When he has done so little YET. As a watcher you know he still needs certain "things" etc. before he can do more. At core he is still THE Picard though and we know his skills and qualities...

Exactly! As the show runner pointed out on The Ready Room with Wil Weaton, "the first 3 episodes are like 3 acts of one episode." I know I will be on the edge of my seat every episode from here on out.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly! As the show runner pointed out on The Ready Room with Wil Weaton, "the first 3 episodes are like 3 acts of one episode." I know I will be on the edge of my seat every episode from here on out.

Kind of like how you do not even see the Discovery until Episode Three......

Episode One & Episode Two set up the Klingon War.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Guess we'll need a full security team to watch out for all the cheating!

giphy.gif
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    nrtd3vn3bk53.jpg

I'ma leave this here.......

Shan, is it too late to get the dev team to change the Recurring Legendary to Number One and Number One?