Home The Bridge
Options

How many of you keep more than one copy of a crew member?

Just curious. I only have one duplicate, Mirror Picard.

Comments

• Options
    I actually have 0 duplicates of crew. Got an end of mega pack for the TOS me event, straight dropped a second copy of Garth that I toyed with keeping but eventually didn't.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Duplicates of the most useful legendaries and super rares are much better and more desirable than a new crew you don't have who stinks lol. Most of the super rares who aren't in stat boosting collections are much better airlocked for honor.
  • Options
    I have some... :)

jmtayhs2acms.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I hope to one day be in a position to have a dupe. So far I haven't. one of those mid level players. The closest I've come was diplomat torres. I still have the card taking up space, but once the next event pays out I'll probably airlock her to make room.

I'm curious, who in the experienced player opinion is worth having two copies of? Especially SRs.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Not my thing
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Garth at 2/5 but I do not use the dupe (unlevelled anyway). I will make dupes when there are no more chars to equip, but I have like 100 chars somewhere between 2 and 100, so those come first.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two Stranded Odo's. They came in handy this week. I've got a few others too. Mostly main cast who are likely to get more events.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several. And thanx to the Daily Rewards last month and this month, I am closing on freezing another copy of my all-time favorite character from my favorite episode of Enterprise.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have a few
  • Options
    I have a few as well.
  • Options
    Only 1 duplicate Captain Killy, the pair is very useful in Arena & Skirmishes.
    I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 duplicate Captain Killy, the pair is very useful in Arena & Skirmishes.

I saw a Double Killy Ship a few days ago.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three Rev Phlox’s, three TO neelix’s, two Mirror Troi’s, two Loque’que Satos, and two Killy’s
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    The only duplicates I have are 1* crew that I use to hit dailies when I don't have anyone else to train/equip.
  • Options
    [TGE] Ersir[TGE] Ersir ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Don't have a dupe yet, but I plan on keeping the 4th copy of "Picard and Number One", and use 2 Citations on the 3 star one. Two of them (even if the second one is only a 1 star) should be really useful in voyages, certainly better than most of my current crew.

He is also very very cheap to FE, which is an important consideration to me.
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Mostly I airlock them.

But if I get a chance of a second copy FF/FE useful legendary, like Prof. Sato, I keep them.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Zero duplicates ... airlocked all 4 & 5* crew I already have immortalised (except those for fuse crew), including gauntlet crew.

Don't care for collecting dupes even though I know I'd do "better" with them.
    Aldude wrote: »
    Nah. Not my thing

Ditto, y’all. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 SR dupes. 3 are incomplete (from the TOS mega) and waiting on a portal update. Some of the older ones are no longer useful (looking at you, Ambassador Spock).

7 legendary dupes - Armus (FF), Caretaker (4), Bartender Guinan (3), Gunshow Picard (4), Species 8472 (3), Prof Sato (1), Garth of Izar (1). I've actually gotten a total of 13 Armi, but I'm not going to bother with triplicate crew.

As to the "why?" of it... the original purpose was to help with faction events. Lately, it's more about incrementing the achievement counter and because it gives me mini-goals to complete in the game. I'm currently limiting my duplication efforts to strong cards (unmodified base scores of 900+), and even then, only select ones.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some from legendary campaign crew, but only that for gold.

I have 4.or 5 purple crew duplicates. They were ones who are very powerful for purples and come up frequently. Robin hood, whichever Worf has the good security, one of the Dax crew, and a couple others I don't remember. I have the resources to do more, but not the desire.

I also have a second 2* Data from my first few weeks when I despaired of getting good crew and he was in an event. And I have two other 1, 2, or 3 star crew that I must have accidentally doubled at some point.

Basically I don't want duplicate crew, but I will make exceptions when stellar crew come my way already in sets of 4 from events or gold crew.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I keep immortalized and in active roster:
    Two Mirror Picards, Two Armuses (Armi?), Two copies of Irumodic Syndrome Picard and Medic Paris.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Janeway, Mirror Uhura (although I think one was eaten by a bug), Young T’Pau, Armus, Yarnek, and the Warship EMA are my crew with duplicates. I kind of fell into getting most of the second copies of these but having two Janeways was pretty neat in 2016/2017...I actually had a third copy FFed at level 80 before I needed a crew slot, and because this was before the cryostasis vault I figured a third copy was a bit of a luxury I could do without.
  • Options
    I have 2 blue that I ffe by accident. My policy is zero dupes.

That said, now that i have decent crew and most of my crew quarters are lvl 100, I can see the value in seconds of some hero cards.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I have three Rev Phlox’s, three TO neelix’s, two Mirror Troi’s, two Loque’que Satos, and two Killy’s

One of these things is not like the others...
    One of these things just doesn’t belong...
    🎶
  • Options
    I actually have 0 duplicates of crew. Got an end of mega pack for the TOS me event, straight dropped a second copy of Garth that I toyed with keeping but eventually didn't.
    Zero duplicates ... airlocked all 4 & 5* crew I already have immortalised (except those for fuse crew), including gauntlet crew.

Added thoughts to above quotes:
    I have 1 dup. Armus. 5/5 & 1/5. For gauntlet i can see how this may be useful, so i thought. Lol. I kept a dup of caretaker, locutus, and mirror picard “holding“ at lvl 10 until i assessed the value of my 1/5 Lvl 100 dup armus in gauntlet. Honestly, if you had 5 armus you cut out all other skills. Even at a 65% you would have zero skill on many round combos. I have never used my dup armus and place 1-20 regularly in gauntlet without merit round refreshes or di crew refresh.
    I always airlock dups which it is becoming a huge problem. But... part of the game i accept that.
    However this is coming from a perspective of a crew manifest consisting of 726 individuals and 1 dup. If a newer player with less of a roster was lucky enough to get a gauntlet useful dup it may be valuable. After 6 wks i airlocked The rest of my “gauntlet holding” dups.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Added thoughts to above quotes:
    I have 1 dup. Armus. 5/5 & 1/5. For gauntlet i can see how this may be useful, so i thought. Lol. I kept a dup of caretaker, locutus, and mirror picard “holding“ at lvl 10 until i assessed the value of my 1/5 Lvl 100 dup armus in gauntlet. Honestly, if you had 5 armus you cut out all other skills. Even at a 65% you would have zero skill on many round combos. I have never used my dup armus and place 1-20 regularly in gauntlet without merit round refreshes or di crew refresh.
    I always airlock dups which it is becoming a huge problem. But... part of the game i accept that.
    However this is coming from a perspective of a crew manifest consisting of 726 individuals and 1 dup. If a newer player with less of a roster was lucky enough to get a gauntlet useful dup it may be valuable. After 6 wks i airlocked The rest of my “gauntlet holding” dups.

I’ve had a similar experience - my 5/5* Armus is actually in the freezer right now because the 3/5* Armus is fine by himself in the gauntlet and the immortal one wasn’t going on all that many voyages anyway. I could absolutely see a case for having multiple The Caretakers from a voyage standpoint (I don’t really believe in duplicates for the gauntlet), but he’s really the only one - Locutus is on the fence and the others are not that great for their respective skill combos - and it’s more related to his rare skill set than anything else.
  • Options
    None for me.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out I have more than I thought I did:

Ardra ×2
    Section 31 Georgiou x2
    Mirror Jadzia x2
    Princess Jadzia x2
    Ambassador K'Ehler x2
    Tieran Possessed Kes x2
    Alan-A-Dale x2
    Combat Medic Paris x2
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard x3
    Robin Hood x2
    Victorian Pulaski x2
    Ambassador Shras x2
    Fugitive Spock x2
    Mintaken Troi x3

Protomorpis Barclay x2 (1 immortal, 1 1/5)
    Age of Sail Crusher x2 (1 immortal, 1 1/5)
    Emperor Georgiou ×2 (1 immortal, 1 2/5)
    Bartender Guianin x2 (1 immortal, 1 3/5 - would be immortal bit I airlocked 2 copies long ago)
    Locutus x2 (1 immortal, 1 3/5)
    Professor Sato x2 immortal
    High Roller Sisko x2 immortal

• Options
    Per the counts, I have 9 dupes. Guinan is my only gold dupe ATM, mostly because I always have other crew to cite over my 4/5 Mirror Picard. My 4* dupes are Baku Worf, I.S. Picard, S31 Georgiou, and Medic Paris. I have 4 other dupes that are 1* or 2*. No idea who, once voyages came out I went on a 1*/2* immort run to complete them all and duped some along the way.