Home The Bridge
Options

How many of you keep more than one copy of a crew member?

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Getting up to the level I have in the game requires that you either have duplicates sometimes, or you just don't finish your dailies. And sometimes they just drop free 4/4 (and even 5/5) in your lap and what are you going to do, say 'no'? (Okay, sometimes I do say 'no' and airlock all copies, but usually only if I have crew to build at the time)

Yeah, I have a bunch, and most are in the freezer, but they come out from time to time when needed for events...

0afdqjksxxi4.jpg

Edit: FYI - that's 103 total
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    One can have more than one??? :o

Just kidding ... I wish I could afford that luxury! LOL
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several 4* duplicates maxed out when used in events, e.g. for the current event I am using two copies of Stranded Odo.
    A lot of 4/4 with a second copy at lvl 1, either rewards in events, crew from campaigns/monthly rewards, and the more common voyage crew.

Then there are the Tillys and Rikers. 15 Off Duty Tillys at lvl 1, and 13 Jazz Musician Rikers. They serve to keep my crew quarters full, and can be levelled or air-locked should the need arise, but it has not yet.

I also have two copies of Killy Tilly, one at 5/5 and the other 1/5. These are great for ship battles and skirmishes.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Getting up to the level I have in the game requires that you either have duplicates sometimes, or you just don't finish your dailies. And sometimes they just drop free 4/4 (and even 5/5) in your lap and what are you going to do, say 'no'? (Okay, sometimes I do say 'no' and airlock all copies, but usually only if I have crew to build at the time)
    Yeah, I have a bunch, and most are in the freezer, but they come out from time to time when needed for events...

0afdqjksxxi4.jpg

I do not know what level you are, but I have reached Captain Level 90 without duplicating any crew (509 unique immortalized). If I have no unique-to-me crew to work on, I use 90K credits to pull a card & use it for the daily missions, then airlock it to reopen the crew slot. YMMV 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no duplicates.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Only Doctor Laforge from the expedition event. Got the 2nd copy only at 1/4 during but it made that event far easier. Finished easily high enough to get him FF so both are now on ice. With the unique skills for a La Forge I felt fine FE the 2nd copy. I also have a 3/4 the clown unequipped on roster likely heading for space some day since his bigger brother gets so little usage but as long as it took to get the first I can't in good consciousness press the button yet.
  • Options

0afdqjksxxi4.jpg

I do not know what level you are, but I have reached Captain Level 90 without duplicating any crew (509 unique immortalized). If I have no unique-to-me crew to work on, I use 90K credits to pull a card & use it for the daily missions, then airlock it to reopen the crew slot. YMMV 🖖

I just have a thing about wasting resources on some you're just going to airlock. I don't know, it just feels wrong somehow, like – I just bought this great bluray, now I'm going to use it as a frisbee and throw it off a cliff.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

0afdqjksxxi4.jpg

I just have a thing about wasting resources on some you're just going to airlock. I don't know, it just feels wrong somehow, like – I just bought this great bluray, now I'm going to use it as a frisbee and throw it off a cliff.

I do not consider it as “wasting resources”, but thanks for letting me know that you feel how I choose to play is “wrong somehow”. I will be sure to take your opinion under advisement for my future gameplay. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I don't really buy raw dilithium any more, only the premium track and monthly card (which is kind of raw dilithium? Not really sure) so I've probably got over 100 dupes of various 1 and 2 star crew that I would rush level if I was close to a threshold and a pack came by that I wanted to take a swing at.
  • Options
    Well i got some double legendary's on the way. But I got many double SR's.. with only one goal shuttle material on an event.. this event I had 3 stranded odo's and that came in handy
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked. I have 183 unique Immortalized, and 207 total. Someone suggested that we should have a counter of how many dupes are frozen. That would be helpful. I have no idea who those extras are.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

0afdqjksxxi4.jpg

I do not consider it as “wasting resources”, but thanks for letting me know that you feel how I choose to play is “wrong somehow”. I will be sure to take your opinion under advisement for my future gameplay. 🖖

I was absolutely NOT commenting on your desired gameplay, merely offering my sentiments on my own gameplay. Which apparently is wrong to you. So...we're even? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2020

0afdqjksxxi4.jpg

I was absolutely NOT commenting on your desired gameplay, merely offering my sentiments on my own gameplay. Which apparently is wrong to you. So...we're even? ;)

There is no “wrong” way to play, in my opinion, but I consider the matter settled. Carry on.... 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I have three Rev Phlox’s, three TO neelix’s, two Mirror Troi’s, two Loque’que Satos, and two Killy’s

One of these things is not like the others...
    One of these things just doesn’t belong...
    🎶

Not sure which one you mean but I just added a second a Mirror Stamets

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three Rev Phlox’s, three TO neelix’s, two Mirror Troi’s, two Loque’que Satos, and two Killy’s

🎶

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they were talking about that Sato. I only have her at 1/5. Is she really that helpful when FF? She seems kinda lame.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

🎶

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they were talking about that Sato. I only have her at 1/5. Is she really that helpful when FF? She seems kinda lame.

Im a fan of Prof Sato. She's had an event, I think. But also, the event where I went for top 15, Sato filled in some DIP seats when I was running a dozen shuttles. And she seems to make most DIP voyages - partly for the great voyage score and partly because her traits match up. I would probably start a second copy if I didn't care for the other behold options.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭

🎶

Im a fan of Prof Sato. She's had an event, I think. But also, the event where I went for top 15, Sato filled in some DIP seats when I was running a dozen shuttles. And she seems to make most DIP voyages - partly for the great voyage score and partly because her traits match up. I would probably start a second copy if I didn't care for the other behold options.

Prof Sato would make total sense. The poster said they have two Loque’que Satos.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

0afdqjksxxi4.jpg

I do the same thing. I have no unique crew to level (only when events happen). It’s easy to spend 90k, 10 trainers, and equip 1 of the 10k 0* alcohol items we all have. Then just airlock the toon and save the crew slot.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶

Prof Sato would make total sense. The poster said they have two Loque’que Satos.

Oops... I thought it was the campaign one.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Up until a couple months ago I didn't have any dupes. I have plenty to work on without trying to have duplicates. But now I have a few dupes; ones that are pretty good for gameplay. Dr. LaForge has a good Med/Eng combo, FO Burnham is a tier 1 crew, Captain Janeway to add stars to Evolved Janeway, etc. But none of my dupes are immortalized yet, the first copy yes, but not the dupes yet.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 immortalized Professor Satos. They're always busy. Invaluable character.

2/5 High Roller Sisko
    2/5 Mirror Picard
    1/5 Timekeeper Tenavik

None of them are uselful at the moment, but their Immortalized versions are.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

🎶

Well, this was back when the offer was for the current event crew and you won that weeks event crew in the event. Same with the Troi and the Killy. So back then, you bought the offer, sometimes got the event crew at 5/5, then won 4 copies for finishing top whatever it was then. She’s not that great, does see some shuttle work for me from time to time, but I wouldn’t have two copies of her if I didn’t get lucky with the pulls

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Oh sure, Banjo! We all know you have a thing for those hot Sato gals! ;) We even heard you were seen last night out carousing with that hussy the 'Empress'!
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ThaiGQThaiGQ ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much going for at least a 2nd copy of all SRs since I'm a F2P player and my only FF/FE 5* crew are event/gauntlet crew. It's probably overkill, but the copies have usually been pretty helpful for me during Faction events. However, I do recognize that I am spending a ton of resources on lots of crew that I may never use for events. To date, I have just under 150 duplicate SRs, but I have some third (and even fourth) copies that I received from events/campaigns.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    Oh sure, Banjo! We all know you have a thing for those hot Sato gals! ;) We even heard you were seen last night out carousing with that hussy the 'Empress'!

@Banjo1012 has a thing for Sato? 😃

Well then...
    rkdxxpvtkq92.jpeg

And usually all are busy, on shuttles and voyages. 😳🙈

Ha!! I could only imagine 5 of them running around my ship!

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how anyone would not like the character Sato. She was great; she is smart as anyone, and ultimately brave as anyone. She is also a beautiful woman. And her cards in the game are good, solid cards.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my list earlier I also forgot to mention that I had two copies of The Clown. The only voyage exclusive I thought was worth a dupe (at the time). And they were all from Part B dilemmas, no citations.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭

🎶

Well, this was back when the offer was for the current event crew and you won that weeks event crew in the event. Same with the Troi and the Killy. So back then, you bought the offer, sometimes got the event crew at 5/5, then won 4 copies for finishing top whatever it was then. She’s not that great, does see some shuttle work for me from time to time, but I wouldn’t have two copies of her if I didn’t get lucky with the pulls

I hope it was clear that my comments were more in the nature of a gentle ribbing than a criticism. Even if you had two Loque’que Satos just because you loved the character or the art, that’s absolutely cool. The tease was more just because you had this list of top tier dupes...and then Loque’que Sato. My brain just went instantly to the childhood Sesame Street song. 😉