Home The Bridge
Options

How many of you keep more than one copy of a crew member?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I have three Rev Phlox’s, three TO neelix’s, two Mirror Troi’s, two Loque’que Satos, and two Killy’s

One of these things is not like the others...
    One of these things just doesn’t belong...
    🎶

Not sure which one you mean but I just added a second a Mirror Stamets

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they were talking about that Sato. I only have her at 1/5. Is she really that helpful when FF? She seems kinda lame.

Well, this was back when the offer was for the current event crew and you won that weeks event crew in the event. Same with the Troi and the Killy. So back then, you bought the offer, sometimes got the event crew at 5/5, then won 4 copies for finishing top whatever it was then. She’s not that great, does see some shuttle work for me from time to time, but I wouldn’t have two copies of her if I didn’t get lucky with the pulls

I hope it was clear that my comments were more in the nature of a gentle ribbing than a criticism. Even if you had two Loque’que Satos just because you loved the character or the art, that’s absolutely cool. The tease was more just because you had this list of top tier dupes...and then Loque’que Sato. My brain just went instantly to the childhood Sesame Street song. 😉

Ha! Ok, now I understand who was not like the other. And no, I didn’t take it that way at all. Just wanted to point out how different this makes the event reward situation since they made that switch. Many were complaining that you buy the legendary to compete in the event just to win the same legendary. I think this shows the switch made was a good one
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 or 9 duplicates, all legendaries with the exception of Ensign Picard whom I have been sitting on at 2/4 99 FE in the event he fuses with a certain Nausicaan one day. The dupes I keep are Mirror Picard, Bartender Guinan, Mirror Stamets, EMA, and others of that top tier caliber that are worth significantly more value at 1/5 than as 550 honor. I struggle to imagine ever making a duplicate of any 4* beyond fusion cards, but my crew is incredibly deep and I do not struggle to staff 8-12 shuttles overnight or Voyages due to having a very large pool of immortal legends. I have been very close to airlocking my dupes of Durango and AoS Crusher recently, though, as neither have the power they once did.
  • Options
    I was looking at dupes today. I have about 50 legendary and 50 super-rare. I only dupe someone if they are worthwhile from both a use and statistical standpoint.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immortalize most super-rare duplicates when an event gives me 4-stars on a second copy.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how anyone would not like the character Sato. She was great; she is smart as anyone, and ultimately brave as anyone. She is also a beautiful woman. And her cards in the game are good, solid cards.

We need a 2* "Just hand me a shirt" Sato.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an interesting topic.

Currently, I have one duplicate of Mirror Jean-Luc Picard at 1/5 level 1 that I got from a merit pull.

I have zero super rare duplicates.

I've always thought it was optimal to airlock all duplicates for honor at super rare or below, since you get the most utility from starring up legendary crew.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I may want to start to keep duplicates of super rare crew that have a high Faction event count, so those events get even easier.

What do you think is the prevailing wisdom, or pros/cons to that?
  • Options
    I don't see how anyone would not like the character Sato. She was great; she is smart as anyone, and ultimately brave as anyone. She is also a beautiful woman. And her cards in the game are good, solid cards.

I second this!

Ya know which episode, huh?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I know some people consider it a badge of honor to not have any dupes, and I totally understand that, but keep in mind that for many of us our mindset changes the longer we play the game.

For newer players it seems like a waste of resources, but when you get into the "late game" and you've maxed out almost all of the super-rares, you start looking at the pile of resources that you have building up and get bored and say "eh, might as well max out some dupes to keep this interesting." Also, having multiple copies of a character can be a real advantage in Faction events and the ever-so-rare Expedition events.

So yeah I have a dozen or so duplicate cards, though I'm usually pretty selective on which I dupe, limiting it to characters that show up frequently in events (the main cast) or have a rare skill set.

My thoughts exactly. For a long time the thought of having a duplicate was like a bad taste in my mouth (I still feel that way about duplicate 1-3* crew just to artificially increase your total for achievement dilithium). However, once I got to the point where I had no more crew to level and was getting crew from voyages, packs and events rewarding existing crew, I suddenly saw the value of duplicating 4* crew (and select 5* crew).

I am nearing 500 unique immortalized crew, and currently have about 130 duplicate 4* crew and 5 duplicate 5* crew (4 gauntlet & Mirror Picard). I have decided that I will not immortalize more than 2 copies of any given crew (could have been 4/5 on my third Armus as of this morning), given the diminishing benefits for investing resources in such crew.

The second copy of Doctor LaForge certainly helped during the recent re-run/flashback expedition event, and both Stranded Odo's proved valuable this past weekend (and I did airlock all 4 copies I received from the event).
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't use to be into duplicate crews, but after that almost free 2nd Mirror Jean Luc Picard, I started down the path.
    hvcdpcfnwdkr.png
    Most of the duplicates came from Campaigns, or Faction Events were I was fishing for a 5* and got enough to fully fuse a 4* (which was handy for doing the current event)

Xindi Prisoner Archer has the honor of having four copies.
    I have a 2/4 Stranded Odo which I am undecided to pursue or not.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I second this!

I am the resident Enterprise guru. I’ve seen every episode at least 8 times

• Options
    earthman34 wrote: »
    Just curious. I only have one duplicate, Mirror Picard.

I have over 111 duplicates, really helpful for Faction events foe event crew and variants, some I have 4x 4/4*FE so that each shuttle has event crew.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I second this!

I think sometimes people forget your original forum handle. :)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I second this!

I have not forgotten. I think the point of the thread is devolving into objectification of certain crew when that is so unnecessary. As juvenile as some cards are and as many cards could be, a Standing Up to the Xindi Hoshi card would be better.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I second this!

I have not forgotten. I think the point of the thread is devolving into objectification of certain crew when that is so unnecessary. As juvenile as some cards are and as many cards could be, a Standing Up to the Xindi Hoshi card would be better.

I’ve always been of the opinion that if a thread goes off topic that is perfectly ok. Good discussion is good discussion and that train should be allowed to keep rolling. And thanks @Dirk Gunderson. You remembered!! 10 points for my in game captains name. (Very off thread topic now huh?)

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012, I believe your in-game name was a pretty recent reveal, so I’d guess a few forum folks remember it.

S....n
  • Options
    And just to go back on topic for a second...

I am starting my 3rd copy of Blood Oath Jadzia, since she is coming in free at 4/4 from the event, and I don't think I will have to burn many chrons at all to immortalize her.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    How do people have enough space to keep duplicates? I always struggle for space. 😬
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do people have enough space to keep duplicates? I always struggle for space. 😬

I have space by not jumping to grab and keep every card they put in the game.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

This!!!! All of this!!!!! So many cards are just much better as honor than needlessly immortalized. Finishing a character that doesn't improve your roster that isn't in a stat boosting collection just to have them finished never made sense to me. It's especially counterproductive to use dilithium to get the fourth copy of an event super rare that doesn't get completed with the free last copy from community rewards.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

I totally agree with Banjo on this one! Yesterday I 'airlocked' two perfectly good 4* and one 5* crew simply because they weren't on my 'must-have' list. I don't see the point of having 300 1/4* and 1/5* crew that I have no way to FF, except by citation, just because they were available ...

I have 150 active crew slots and plan to keep it there unless DB gives me some for free. Lower ranked cards will be immort'ed and froze (or airlocked if they are really, really bad!) to make room for other cards. Most likely frozen forever. I have no 'dupes' and feel no need for any.

If I can't play this game with 150 crew then something is wrong with me (not the game).
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 325 slots.

I only grab the 5* event crew I want or need, and those that drop from beholds. All 1*, 2* and 3* crew apart from Tourist Worf are immortalised.

4*, I am trying to collect as many as possible, I have 18 uncollected, and about 80-90 not immortalised, many of them just needing an extra star.

I have a lot of main 4* crew immortal in my quarters that can be frozen if I need a space (including 3 duplicates), then thawed for an event. I also have 23 unlevelled 4/4 duplicates that can be airlocked, plus about 15 each of Off Duty Tilly, and Jazz Musician Riker.

I can probably freeze or airlock 100 crew if I needed to, without losing a unique crew member, or touching my 5* crew.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 325 slots.

I only grab the 5* event crew I want or need, and those that drop from beholds. All 1*, 2* and 3* crew apart from Tourist Worf are immortalised.

4*, I am trying to collect as many as possible, I have 18 uncollected, and about 80-90 not immortalised, many of them just needing an extra star.

I have a lot of main 4* crew immortal in my quarters that can be frozen if I need a space (including 3 duplicates), then thawed for an event. I also have 23 unlevelled 4/4 duplicates that can be airlocked, plus about 15 each of Off Duty Tilly, and Jazz Musician Riker.

I can probably freeze or airlock 100 crew if I needed to, without losing a unique crew member, or touching my 5* crew.

It is quite easy to go through your roster and freeze some 4/4s you know won’t come up in event traits very often. And if they do once, it’s also not a huge deal to have them active just for a weekend

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally, if I plan to have a duplicate, I can freeze one while the other is getting equipped. I only need them for events. But I have few duplicate crew anyway.

I save my dilithium (mostly) for.crew slots. I know that I can manage my crew with fewer spots, but I figure why bother? I like the ability to have crew available. For a while, while immortalizing all the 2 and 3 star crew, I saved all portal pulls due to space. Then I chased them in and got 4* crew.

My esteemed colleagues here who aggressively airlock crew are welcome to their style. It works for them. I get a monthly card most of the time and some campaigns. This provides enough dilithium for the occasional portal gamble (almost always a waste) and crew slots. I save and then most crew slot sales I buy extra slots. Last time I could only get 5, but once I had enough for 35 slots. At the moment, I am sitting happy with empty slots.

When I was still fairly new, I used my dilithium (after buying the extra shuttles) for voyage extensions. That was good as I obtained new crew. But after I switched to saving for crew slots, I've never been short.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are an aggressive airlock-er (as some forum members advocate for - and which is a perfectly valid approach), space will always be something to manage. Ignoring the 5* cards (since these are a more complex issue), any card that you can FF in the 1* to 4* varieties can always be vaulted (i.e., frozen). So having duplicates is just about building and freezing multiple copies of the same card. You can have (I believe) an unlimited number of them in the vault. There is no visible counter, but they're in there. When you need them, just unfreeze. Of course, you need to have open slots to do that, but that's when you freeze other crew to make room. (As I said... always managing the space.)

On the other hand, if you routinely cannot FF cards - either because you're a newer player or because you don't have time to rank high enough in an event or whatever - then yes, space can diminish very quickly if you try to keep them all. You must make choices about who to keep and who to airlock, knowing that someday every card will come back to you again (packs, portals, voyages, daily rewards, etc).
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

I freeze them and bring them out for Faction Events where they are needed. I don't keep non-fully fused duplicates. Though I haven't had a Legendary duplicate situation as of yet, so we'll see what happens when that bridge comes up.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Another Empress Sato at midnight tonight......

mxxou1ec5xim.jpg
    5u90u7j0dukr.jpg

• Options
    Don't have enough crew space for that haha