Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

1575859606163»

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kafitrar wrote: »
    Hi,
    There appears to be a problem on the Crew tab skill column S. It isn't displaying the tertiary skills. When I look at the Stats tab in column EH, it displays an ERROR: "Calculation limit was reached while trying to compute this formula." I checked and the error is in the untouched workbook.

Ugh. I hate those errors. I'll take a look at that. Also there is an issue with the upgrade from previous version script. That's fixed for 6.37 already thanks to @mr_sparky . I'll try to get this fixed too and hopefully push that asap.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Hi,
    There appears to be a problem on the Crew tab skill column S. It isn't displaying the tertiary skills. When I look at the Stats tab in column EH, it displays an ERROR: "Calculation limit was reached while trying to compute this formula." I checked and the error is in the untouched workbook.

Ugh. I hate those errors. I'll take a look at that. Also there is an issue with the upgrade from previous version script. That's fixed for 6.37 already thanks to @mr_sparky . I'll try to get this fixed too and hopefully push that asap.

Wow, I was able to get the error to go away just by deleting a few rows in the Stats tab. We're really pushing the limits of Google Sheets(!?!)
  • Can someone direct me to an instruction manual for Star Trek Timelines? I can't find one online. I downloaded the game on my phone and laptop but haven't the slightest clue what I am supposed to do.
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks to you and mr_sparky for looking into this.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    Ok, we have a fix (thanks @mr_sparky )

"Fixed issue with update from previous version not importing crew stats
    Fixed issue with 3rd crew skill maxing out calculation logic."
    Added new crew: Bluffing Nog, Doctor Vellek
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    Ok, new version again.....

"Fixed issue with Crew tab and data not loading properly causing some sorting issues. Had to do a force rebuild of the formulas on this page by deleting out all data and rebuilding it. This seems to correct the problem. (note if it occurs again)
    Added New Crew: Jogging Burnham, D'Erika Tendi"

***** if you are still on 6.35(or older) there is a bug when upgrading to a new version. You will need to do a 2 step upgrade (and manually add "The Maitre de" if you had "Human Neelix" due to the name change). I believe this issue is due to having to change the characters name and it causes an issue when upgrading. Please upgrade to 6.37 first (here's the link..... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zRkb4EQ90tf3jWy0Bpf5BWyuowpkKqsHASsv7_xwbVc/edit?usp=sharing Then upgrade to 6.38 in the usual spot.

This issue may cause problems when resorting the crew tab, and other funky issues on that tab. a 2nd upgrade corrects the issues.

This has been the Month of odd stuff happening with the sheet. Hopefully things calm down now.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 6.36 tell me I could freeze 9 crew, 6.37 told me to unfreeze them. :D
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 6.36 tell me I could freeze 9 crew, 6.37 told me to unfreeze them. :D

Not surprised with the issues uprgrading from 6.35, and the bugs in 6.36's calculations for the 3rd skill. I think we've finally got them all resolved and a plan on how to address them (at least for now) going forward.
  • I did the upgrade path you mentioned, from 6.35 to 6.37 to 6.38, but The Maitre de still doesn't register a CAB rating or rank on my sheet. (Not that it's very vital, as I don't expect to be unfreezing him any time soon, but still...)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the upgrade path you mentioned, from 6.35 to 6.37 to 6.38, but The Maitre de still doesn't register a CAB rating or rank on my sheet. (Not that it's very vital, as I don't expect to be unfreezing him any time soon, but still...)

Yeah, I think I found the issue. I've rebuilt the entire sheet again. I'll release 6.39 soon. I "think" its fixed in there. I'm not sure whats going on but there are 3 characters that were doing it and he's one of them. I believe my full rebuild has fixed it but I'll need to test an upgrade to 6.39 to validate it and I'm not quite ready for that yet. Hopefully Wednesday.

Something has made that page really unstable. right now I'm trying to fix it "as is" and I'm playing with a rewrite of about 4 columns so far on a test version that I have of that sheet. @mr_sparky gave me the idea earlier of moving several of columns to the Stats page and loading them back to the crew tab. I think that would fix the issue better so I'm looking into that right now.
  • AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    If you ever need a third set of hands with the coding, give me a buzz. I don't know if I could code any of this from scratch myself, but I've looked at the MASSIVE formulas you're working with and I can parse what they're doing (mostly). You're doing God's work here, and I definitely believe we're running into the limits of what Google Sheets can handle.

I'm starting to wonder if some of the work would be better shunted off to a separate sheet, particularly the static portions that don't actually change. (Well, doesn't change WITHIN a sheet version, as I know some of the things sometimes change between versions.) Then, you can just pull the information that doesn't change from the external sheet and run the calculations on the active sheet.
  • While you're in there... "Lost Among the Starss" on the Dilemmas page Column B has an extra s, and "The clown" in Column E needs a capital C.

Also, the Wiki says that only certain choices in the new Dilemmas actually give out 5* chances. They all seem to use Choice A, though.

A Tense Temporal Conundrum: Choice A
    Dangerous Whispers: Choice A
    Lost Among the Stars: Choice A
    Mystery Haul: Choice A
    Reality Unwound: Choice A
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're in there... "Lost Among the Starss" on the Dilemmas page Column B has an extra s, and "The clown" in Column E needs a capital C.

Also, the Wiki says that only certain choices in the new Dilemmas actually give out 5* chances. They all seem to use Choice A, though.

A Tense Temporal Conundrum: Choice A
    Dangerous Whispers: Choice A
    Lost Among the Stars: Choice A
    Mystery Haul: Choice A
    Reality Unwound: Choice A

Done. All easy ones. I like those. :smiley:
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever need a third set of hands with the coding, give me a buzz. I don't know if I could code any of this from scratch myself, but I've looked at the MASSIVE formulas you're working with and I can parse what they're doing (mostly). You're doing God's work here, and I definitely believe we're running into the limits of what Google Sheets can handle.

I'm starting to wonder if some of the work would be better shunted off to a separate sheet, particularly the static portions that don't actually change. (Well, doesn't change WITHIN a sheet version, as I know some of the things sometimes change between versions.) Then, you can just pull the information that doesn't change from the external sheet and run the calculations on the active sheet.

Sounds good. We may take you up on that. it is getting challenging with hitting limits of google sheets/etc now.
    Can you adjust the Event Crew cells so they are a little wider?

2qp2uit390hj.png
  • New Collection for the Thief trait
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you adjust the Event Crew cells so they are a little wider?

2qp2uit390hj.png

Done for 6.40. Expanded the column widths. let me know how it looks.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Collection for the Thief trait

Noooooo.... :smiley: I'll get to work on that.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version Release. 6.40 (No you didn't miss a version. 6.39 was a helper version for me to fix the funky issues with the crew tab and I used it for beta testing of some changes/fixes and didn't release it at large).

"Added New Crew: Aged Mariner, James T. Kirk, Mirror Pike, Dress Uniform La'an
    Added New Collection: Your Loss, Their Gain"
  • Minor issue: In previous versions, Rows 1 through 4 on the Crew tab were "Frozen" and they aren't currently. (It helps with keeping the column headers in place while you scroll.)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor issue: In previous versions, Rows 1 through 4 on the Crew tab were "Frozen" and they aren't currently. (It helps with keeping the column headers in place while you scroll.)

I saw that too and already have it fixed for the next release. Hopefully today if all goes well. thanks again.
    Another new collection!!!!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new collection!!!!

Nooooo!!!!!! Guess I'm glad I didn't get it out on Friday
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version release:

6.41 "Added New Crew: King Mudd the First, Bar Owner Quark, Wizard Hemmer, McCoy in Command, 21st Century Kirk, Kejal, Indomitable Pike, V'Las, Queen Paolana
    Added new collection: Feeling the Vibe"
    Fixed Issue with Import CAB Ratings
  • ÷ Brad [30]÷ Brad [30] ✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    cbxh2hcneh71.png
    I think they expanded the Elysian Kingdom collection to 10, mine is showing complete, but I do not have Wizard Hemmer yet...
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbxh2hcneh71.png
    I think they expanded the Elysian Kingdom collection to 10, mine is showing complete, but I do not have Wizard Hemmer yet...

Thank you. I'll take a look. I missed that one.