Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

1565758596062»

Comments

• Options
    What's the prospect of including QP data?
    Could use something to help med decide who to focus on unlocking.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    CigAros_DK wrote: »

I've been looking into what I can pull/extract to do that as I don't see a good manual solution for it. Datacore didn't add quipment to their extract at all, so I need to find a way to pull it from the main data extract (like you use when you put your data into Datacore).

It sounds so simple on the surface, but there is not an easy way to get at the data that I need for my tool. I'm hoping to come up with a simple way that I can extract it from the main data dump and pull it in with a script. The question would then be how far do I take it. Do I just use available quipment, etc. Do I need to pull current data to show your current unlocked slots, etc. Without this being in Datacore if we wanted current data it would require each person to loaded their data into the sheet so we could extract it. If we just used static data, I could preload it. Static is only limited use though.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'd love something in here to help more with this feature which is why I've been looking into it. I was really hoping to see it added to the extract in Datacore 2.0 but the extract didn't get any enhancements (that would have been a major game changer for me in this tool then). now I've mentioned it to @mr_sparky as well that this is something I want to bring to the DNA sheet but our first need is to figure out how best to load the "data". I use that in quotes because I'm not certain what we will be able to pull and from where yet. It would be fairly easy to add a manual tracking option of slots unlocked etc. but personally I don't think that takes it far enough and it would be a pain to maintain for limited benefit.

I'm open to suggestion as to what the community would like to see so we know where to focus our research and development.

i can safely say this is on my roadmap. I don't have a timeline as this one is a challenge and I'd love to hear what people would like for features. I certainly cannot make any promises as the data extract will be the limiting factor for sure. I've not yet determined if I can do it with google sheets or not.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    CigAros_DKCigAros_DK ✭✭
    edited May 21
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I've been looking into what I can pull/extract to do that as I don't see a good manual solution for it. Datacore didn't add quipment to their extract at all, so I need to find a way to pull it from the main data extract (like you use when you put your data into Datacore).

It sounds so simple on the surface, ...

Best option would be to have it added to the data from Datacore.
    I had a look at the raw data itself and could extract some useful quipment data.
    However having work with two sets of import doesn't make sense IMHO.

I have found that manual tracking is a real pain...
    But it might be better than nothing.
    Especially since you get the stats "for free" from the imported data.
    Thi would be a great help in selecting crew that will meet the required skill targets of the nodes.
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    By Popular Demand : Renamed Variant Tucker to Trip
    I'm now wondering exactly how popular that demand was. :smiley:
  • Options
    kauthorkauthor ✭✭
    edited June 4
    New Collection coming.. Fun and Games.. now in the cryostasis vault..
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    kauthor wrote: »

Its worse.... New traits are live too. Ugh.
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭

I have posted the full changelog here: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/281542/#Comment_281542
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added a level to 4 collections and got to level 60 on Fun and Games!
  • Options
    Added a level to 4 collections and got to level 60 on Fun and Games!

New collection days are great!
  • Options
    kauthorkauthor ✭✭
    New Collection coming.. Fun and Games..

There there man! Hopefully it'll be one of those yearly trait audit...
  • Options
    tyllanthortyllanthor ✭✭✭

It sounds so simple on the surface, ...

Best option would be to have it added to the data from Datacore.
    I had a look at the raw data itself and could extract some useful quipment data.
    However having work with two sets of import doesn't make sense IMHO.

I have found that manual tracking is a real pain...
    But it might be better than nothing.
    Especially since you get the stats "for free" from the imported data.
    Thi would be a great help in selecting crew that will meet the required skill targets of the nodes.

Hello. This could be interesting to you...
    I updated the STTEVE tool recently (https://stteve.eu/). Now it generates its own crew.csv file with added information related to Continuum Missions:
    - number of unlocked, locked and equipped "Qslots"
    - number of collected "Qbits" (QP) and number of "Qbits" required to unlock next "Qslot"
    These values are available only for active immortalized crew, of course.

However, I understand that it would be better to add this feature to DataCore's crew.csv file. It doesn't make sense to import two CSV files into the DNA tool.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I have posted the full changelog here: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/281542/#Comment_281542

Yeah, I'm using that to do my updates. Still takes quite a bit of work but thank you for that changelog. @NoNameNamer
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version Release. Ugh. Yikes. Wow. 6.32

"Added New Crew: Perrin, Niners Jadzia, Night Terrors Riker, Innovator Rom, Displaced Boimler, Warship Torres, Commander Loskene, Ezral, Bridge La Forge, Kago-Darr, Admiral Shelby
    Added New Collection: Fun and Games
    Updated Traits - Thanks to @NoNameNamer for the unoffical change log and saving my sanity
    Reworked trait validation due to increased trait counts. (yeah, I broke the entire thing with the addition of all these new traits).
    Corrected several trait count discrepancies. All counts should match the collections now. Several were off by 1-3."
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    mr_sparky wrote: »
    I found a bit of a flaw in the Upgrade stuff, which is easily avoidable.

If you place the link to the old sheet in the box, Google Sheets will give you a pop-up saying "Tab to replace with [title of old sheet]" and if you do that, it'll turn into a different type of link to the file.

Whatever this new style of linking is, don't use it, because the Upgrade scripts will give you an "Invalid Link" error when trying to run.
    Thanks @AdmiralMemo !

Yes, Google's been really pushing this feature out aggressively lately, but it's not compatible with scripts, and there's no way for a script to grab the underlying URL. Hopefully they'll fix this sooner or later. Sigh. Right hand, meet left hand.

For now, after your type in (or more likely, copy-n-paste the url for your old GS):
    kczhurij6xzi.png
    1g4rya5ayl6o.png
    cso0weognlks.png
    Can @cmdrworf maybe add some text to Step 2 of the Upgrade page of the sheet itself to help clarify this?
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Just randomly dropping in to tip my hat at @cmdrworf for keeping this checklist going after so many years. Amazing to see the amount of work still being poured into it, everything that has been added, and the fact that it is still an actively used resource.

Nothing but respect and appreciation for all the work. So.. Qapla` I guess!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Version Released. 6.33

"Expanded Timelines Originals collection to 29.
    Added New Crew: Enterprise Tilly, Prime Minister Nayrok, Bridge Picard, Changeling Kira, First Clerk Leeta, Pregnant Eleen. Cassie, Ensign Kirk"