Home The Bridge
Options

Set Sail collection

<TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in The Bridge
Thanks for adding this after the chance to get that awful Worf from the event was long past. But while on the subject, what did Worf ever do to you all that he has no good versions in this game? I know there isn't much you can do with CMD/DIP/SEC, but come on.

Comments

• Options
    1) Just in time to milk some cash. Got it.

2) Everyone always suspects new collections. If we got even a tenth of the "suspected" collections, we'd be up to our ears in them.

3) The best Worf variant is only half-good. Which is to say, not at all. Especially for established rosters.
  • Options
    Quoting tier numbers. Excuse me while I laugh my way out of this dead-end conversation.
  • Options
    Y'all, someone's just miffed they didn't get Worf. Let's move along.
  • Options
    ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I think the silver lining to all this is this:

After this week, there will be no way to get AoS Worf or Troi. And since there's a collection featuring them now, its pretty much a given that a Portal update is coming in the future.

Edit: Nevermind, Buck Bokai is coughing LOUDLY over there..
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    Quoting tier numbers. Excuse me while I laugh my way out of this dead-end conversation.

Gosh, looking at this post and others made by you today: You are a real Eeyore aren't ya? Maybe Pooh will give you some of his honey ....

nsholigoz7et.jpg

(Sorry, I couldn't find a Klingon Eeyore .... ) LOL

Ha!!! Remember a little while ago when I said wait for it.......? Here is the moment I was talking about

• Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish whomever it was last week that suggested AoS Picard be the reward like Lucille would have been correct. Whats another nearly free Picard at this point, and I like the push to cite crew I probably wouldn’t for fun rewards. Still nice to see a new collection!
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I do wish whomever it was last week that suggested AoS Picard be the reward like Lucille would have been correct. Whats another nearly free Picard at this point, and I like the push to cite crew I probably wouldn’t for fun rewards. Still nice to see a new collection!

The holodeck collection has almost double the crew as the AOS one. The rewards are in line with similar collections, like Big Goodbye or Our Man Bashir. If/when additional tiers are added, I could see them adding an avatar in keeping with Proton and Niners. I'd like a funny hat.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this collection! I wasn't really keen on the AoS Picard as a Lucille-like reward idea, but it would have been fine. The collection rewards are just like most of the vanity collections, so nothing wrong with it. As @Prime Lorca [10FH] noted, I supposed they could have tossed a little wrinkle in there with some other prize, but I'm not disappointed at all.

Disclosure: comments as someone that is currently missing 12 stars on the 5* crew (3 of those will be finished via campaign) and thus is nowhere near collecting all the prizes. I need game goals after all. :)
  • Options
    Thank-you DB for the collection! I'm not going to debate the rewards and what they should or shouldn't have been for the collection. No matter what the rewards, it adds a little something to the game play. Loque'eque Sato, Sheriff of Nottingham, Satan's Robot, the list goes on of many crew I've picked in beholds just for collections that would have been disappointing beholds otherwise.
  • Options
    I'm sad we didn't get AoS Picard, but it's always great to see another collection added.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure we’ll get another tier to the collection when AoS Picard eventually drops. Sherwood Forest got that treatment with Little John Riker, so it’s not unreasonable to expect sometime in the future...such as during a future Picard mega event.
  • Options
    Maybe this isnt the top of the list for dev work, but i cannot imagine collections are the biggest time hog to implement.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The holodeck collection has almost double the crew as the AOS one. The rewards are in line with similar collections, like Big Goodbye or Our Man Bashir. If/when additional tiers are added, I could see them adding an avatar in keeping with Proton and Niners. I'd like a funny hat.

Making the collection reward be a 4* Picard would have been interesting. Although I can't imagine freezing all those 5* crew for the sake of a 4/4 would be worth it.

Or if the reward was limited to a 1/5 for freezing everyone, and then you needed to use citations for the rest.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    On second thought, I think collections like this are a waste of development resources (though probably not the most egregious example.) These kinds of collections are tailor made for an extremely small percentage of players. The vast majority of us get virtually nothing from them. The vast majority of us will never complete them, or even care about trying to. As few new collections as we get, I really wish they would focus on collections that benefit a broader range of players. Like I said in my last post, a larger collection with stat bonuses to round out the uneven bonuses we already have would probably be much more welcome to the vast majority of players than another relatively meaningless vanity collection. This isn’t a hill I want to die on or anything- I just think it’s worth DB considering in the future.

*Edit* A Klingon collection would only have 3 more characters in it than the To Boldly Go collection does currently. People have been asking for that for as long as collections have existed. Something along those lines doesn’t seem all that out of line to me.

An interesting line of thinking. My only answer is to suggest that, as @adonibyte. says, it's not that difficult and it's mostly a recognition to some spenders that their collection is noteworthy. And the return on investment is probably worth it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for adding this after the chance to get that awful Worf from the event was long past. But while on the subject, what did Worf ever do to you all that he has no good versions in this game? I know there isn't much you can do with CMD/DIP/SEC, but come on.

Where do you come up with the premise that there are no good versions of Worf in this game, or that his AoS character is awful? I guess I am looking for a little more information... As Frank pointed out, I see him being useful on voyages (and as bonus crew in later events).

Imho, it wasn’t a leap of logic that this collection would be added, just as it is not difficult to surmise that AoS Picard will find his way into the collection at some point.

I will say the timing of the collection addition could have been better. But, I welcome something to collect in a game built on collecting.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    Maybe this isnt the top of the list for dev work, but i cannot imagine collections are the biggest time hog to implement.

I'd have preferred more regular updates to the crew rewards in the portal and a new gauntlet exclusive personally, which also shouldn't take much work.

But thank you @Shan for the new collection - its great to see that there are still some small additions from time to time. :) If I could make one request, it would be that as more crew are added to this collection, could we have something more interesting as the higher rewards? Skill boosts as others suggested, or something new entirely?
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m glad it’s not consistent, or there may have been some monstrous 23rd century thing in the Originals collections, or Lucille may not have existed. Some days you wake up and find a 3* Sisko in your achievements or a 5* Q in a new story chapter for little discernible reason, that can only built with citations. I’m not sure it’s the size or scope that matters, but the Devs whims that day. I do like your AoS hat avatar idea, that would be a neat gift for when Picard shows up.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

Where do you come up with the premise that there are no good versions of Worf in this game, or that his AoS character is awful? I guess I am looking for a little more information... As Frank pointed out, I see him being useful on voyages (and as bonus crew in later events).

Imho, it wasn’t a leap of logic that this collection would be added, just as it is not difficult to surmise that AoS Picard will find his way into the collection at some point.

I will say the timing of the collection addition could have been better. But, I welcome something to collect in a game built on collecting.

Yea I agree with @SoupKitchen Riker Not sure why the OP believes Worf has no good variants. If thats the case then Riker would be even worse. For CMD and SEC Governor Worf and Age of Sail Worf are pretty strong cards. They aren't mind blowing but pretty strong
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one am glad they have added this collection, it also gives hope for the likes of having an "Elementary collection" someday.

As to no good versions in the game. For purples Sheriff Worf and Ba'Ku Worf are very good bonus crew purples.

And as others have mentioned AOS and Governor Worf are very respectable if not good versions of him.

I think a bigger "travesty" is that someone of Odo's rapport for security, has no decent security variant (unless you count blue rarity cards for what they are) but that's probably a separate debate.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in the group that thinks this collection is a good addition to the game ... and is hoping for more!

1. Not really fussed about the rewards, I like to aim to complete them no matter what reward is given really.

2. Nice to see that the collection is not "set in stone" and that over time DB can still add in the "missing" crew ... I have never seen the episode so no idea who that would be, except for the oft mentioned Picard.

3. The crew in this collection are not the absolute worst to throw citations onto (Worf good, Data decent, Riker average and Crusher, though past her prime is not that bad) ... compare with the Niners collection, ouch, or Chaotica or Western ... so that's a good bit of incentive to work on it.

On a personal front, I'm super pleased this was the collection, as later today I'll pick up the missing crew (Troi) and by end next week I should have 4 or 5 immortalised (La Forge and Crusher already immortalised, Data on his way, Troi too and Riker and Worf at 1/5 ... with Honor for 4 citations by that time) ... the only downside is that I was planning on citing up Bashir and Garak, after mega event pack pulls, to complete that collection ... ah well, first world problems. :)