Home The Bridge
Options

Set Sail collection

13»

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Worf, I get what some of our forum fellows are saying. I don't have a go-to Worf and there isn't one I think of, even among those I don't have, as a "definitive" Worf. Outside of Worf events, my Worfs (Worves?) either remain frozen or chill in their quarters awaiting more stars. The key problem, as discussed, is that Worfs only have CMD, SEC, and sometimes DIP. Power creep has rendered several of them obsolete as bonus crew during events. This weekend, I've been using more of my Astrophysicists than Worfs for CMD, so I can't even say that players still building their crews need to stockpile Worfs because unless Worf is the only character in an event, substitutes are so bountiful.
  • Options
    ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I don't want to make too many assumptions about how long people have played. But, can we find ground between experienced players groaning when every new card isn't built to make what they have obsolete, and people thinking every character should have a variant for every skill?

I'm not saying we need to have a party for every new card. I get that on a basic level it's a numbers game. But, every new card can't be worth a party. And while there is a part of me that likes the idea of everything having a varient for every skill, I think it's a bit silly.

The worst part if you are a new player is trying to like what you have when experienced players are constantly telling them that everything is completely worthless. When I started, everytime I told some one about card they would just tell me to throw it out the airlock because it sucked and wasn't the best. I don't bother telling people what I pulled and I'm a lot happier with want I have. Every card is a step to better cards. Some cards are vanity cards. Every new card shouldn't put everything before it to shame.

You and I are on the same page! This is exactly why I've stopped posting about certain in game accomplishments, like getting crew.

It's a game. It has to stay a game. It's not built to be a competitive game. There are areas you can compete in, like events, arena, or gauntlet, but gathering crew is in no way a competition. DB is going to release crew on a regular basis. Some are really good crew, top level crew, but most are not. They're building a game that everyone can enjoy. A game everyone can collect variations of their favorite characters. They can't all be top tier characters every week, or that would quickly kill the entire game, since your best crew would be replaced next week! And let's not forget that the people who came up with the Tier system of ranking crew, are fellow players, not DB developers. I haven't seen anyone fact check them, maybe they're biased on their favorite crew too. The point is, we need to let people celebrate their accomplishments for where they are in their game. Not tear people apart or run them off for getting excited about something they've been hoping to achieve. We'll all get better with time. Until then, just enjoy the game!