Home The Bridge

How much honour do you keep in the bank?

Since the offers I've been afraid to spend my honour. Sitting on 200k.

Wondering when I should start to spend a little.

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could keep all your honor. Dont spend any of it.

The only citations I use are ones saved from the sales or new ones earned in the campaigns.
  • None at the moment, soon as I hit 50k there's someone to cite - currently Cheesecake Seven - possibly after that I'll start to hoard.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shoot for 50,000 on hand when a Mega Event starts. Most of my Recurrings are Immortalized. Missed on some from before I had good stream of incoming Honour. And Qod is two 🌟 because I missed several Thresholds that Mega Event because of health/access issues. And missed one 🌟 for the Changling Thrax.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this much...with the recent citation sales, I have not needed to spend, so just saving up... :)

yjigo6em6qgb.png

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I figure at some point we'll see another honor sale of some sort, but the timing of it could be a long way off. I'm alright with being patient and saving, but at the same time I still want to increase my crew. So I decided for myself that I'll buy a citation after saving 300k honor, then another after saving 550k honor, then another after 800k, and so on. That way I'm saving up for the future, but still allowing myself to be rewarded for putting in the time and effort. :)

That seems like a good way forward. 🙂
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 500k
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always try to have at least 200k, just in case a really worthy Honor Hall crew gets added(so far i havn t bought any of the 100k ppl). :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoarding all of it too, 343k atm. I do not have urgent citation projects anyway.

My enjoyment on knowing how much honor I saved outweighs the boredom of saving.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend it the moment I hit 50K.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I have 50k at the moment. I didn't save all of my honor since the honor offers of Convergence day ended, but I also didn't keep track of how much exactly I spent on citations.

Right now I plan not to spend any more of it until Easter, just in case there might be another honor offer. I don't expect anything like the one in January, but I also don't expect them not to run any more honor offers at all until next year, now that (almost) everyone is waiting for them. So who knows.

I generally try to always have 200k too, at least until something really good happens, like January's begolds and citation+begold packs. So my long-term goal right now is to get back to 200k and try not to fall below that.

• I don't hoard honor. Hit 50k i buy a citation and use it.
    I'm due for the next one, soon.

These are my current 3/5 ones (i have no one 4/5):
    cjmjxyc05l5t.png

Who should get it? (AoS-Data will be FFed from the reward-track)

Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hoard honor. Hit 50k i buy a citation and use it.
    I'm due for the next one, soon.

These are my current 3/5 ones (i have no one 4/5):
    cjmjxyc05l5t.png

Who should get it? (AoS-Data will be FFed from the reward-track)

Hope u didn t already use any citation on the displayed crew yet. Not worth at all imho.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    45K. Then I buy a begold.
  • Been spending at 18k for a good few years to bump off a few collections / crew achievements.

50k for 1 is too long to wait when i can cite 2 4 stars....saying that voyages are helping a lot recently so i may start to look to bank the 50k
  • Been spending at 18k for a good few years to bump off a few collections / crew achievements.

50k for 1 is too long to wait when i can cite 2 4 stars....saying that voyages are helping a lot recently so i may start to look to bank the 50k

Citing 4*-crew is a complete waste in my opinion.
    I have done that, too, in former times and even did buy these offers with purple citations one or two times. But once you have enough gold crew for your shuttles and the voyage you don't need the purple crew anymore. I have 23 active 1/4 to 3/4 crew and when they drop from the portal it's nice and i freeze them.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been spending at 18k for a good few years to bump off a few collections / crew achievements.

I have done that, too, in former times and even did buy these offers with purple citations one or two times. But once you have enough gold crew for your shuttles and the voyage you don't need the purple crew anymore. I have 23 active 1/4 to 3/4 crew and when they drop from the portal it's nice and i freeze them.

I agree, but I will say I have bought the purple citation offer a few times when I was like two crew away from getting a collection. I’m two away from the daystrom one and I have a purple with two stars and four with one so if it comes up again I’ll do it to get the triple bump in science points

Now im down to my last few purples for collections i agree. I have enough golds to get the job done so time to change tact. However for new players i would suggest it handy to get the odd collection bonuses such as increased base stats bonuses
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the offers I've been afraid to spend my honour. Sitting on 200k.

Wondering when I should start to spend a little.

What are your needs? Are there voyage combos you need to still hit? Is there crew you have with good stats but missing stars like Picard and Number One?
    Let’s fly!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2019, my policy was to have 100K (50K for the mega-crew, if I decided it was worth it, and 50K for either a citation/begold depending on my mood). I bumped that up to ~170K as the year wound down in anticipation of potential honor-based sales. As it turned out, I saved far too little in light of the sale values, but I also added dozens of stars to crew during the year, so (shrug).

For 2020, I'm starting at a 100K baseline again, then adding 55K every time before I buy the next item. That way, my baseline will increase by 5-10K every time and I'll build up a small reserve for special sales while still improving my crew along the way.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to cite purples if I was really short on space, and I had a few recent event 3/4s sitting around, or if I have a voyage exclusive sitting there.

But now all my voyage exclusives are in the freezer, and I am now no longer short on space. So 50K cites it is.

Working through the holo enthusiasts at the moment... My Lucille Davenport needs stars
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Cite em when you get em. In not waiting a year to immortalize crew just cuz I may get 20% more citing power a year from now

20% and a free begold!!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not decided to spend any honor, but I'm not sure if saving is a good idea.

We had one special deal that was amazing. There is no guarantee we will ever get any similar deal in the future. It is very very unlikely we will get the same deal.

Thus saving might just be keeping us from progressing. Currently I'm leaning towards saving.

A different question is: Will they ever do a merit sale and should we be hording merits?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cite em when you get em. In not waiting a year to immortalize crew just cuz I may get 20% more citing power a year from now

20% and a free begold!!

Oh yeah. I forgot that part. That was quite cool but still. A year of not citing anyone? Can’t do it

• Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭

20% and a free begold!!

Oh yeah. I forgot that part. That was quite cool but still. A year of not citing anyone? Can’t do it

Can still use campaign citations. It's definitely rough but I'm not hurting on any voyage combos at the moment.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently have 510k, but will be spending 300k in the next week or two.

I aim to have 200k in the bank in case something nice appears. When I won Torpedo McCoy in the event 3 months ago, I took him straight to 5/5. This rises to 250k on the approach to a mega, so I can cite the reoccurring in the first week.

super-rare cites are worth it for the 3 dilemma super-rare crew, for finishing collections, and if you need to freeze crew for space. If you don't need to cite any of these, then the free super-rares are good for coffee Janeways and Frog Paris to help add stars to lizard Janeway. Other than that, bank them for when 01 and 10 start dropping from beholds/voyages, or another merged crew.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I had around 900,000 and 800,000 - now building again until next January.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."