Home The Bridge

How much honour do you keep in the bank?

Comments

• Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    I used to be a 50K and get a cert sort of guy but I now have over 200K and climbing. I think they will have more sales in the future as I'm sure I'm not the only convert to hoarding honor after that sale.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess do whatever is fun for you. Sometimes it is nice to have 200k saved so if there is a legendary you get that is good or you like you can immediately immortalize it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Over 9000!!!! I spend anything I have once I get past 1 million. I was at around 1.2 million in December because of the previous years honor sale. Since we didn't have the honor sale I spent around 400k on new years day. Then convergence day happened and I spent the other 800k that I had. Currently at 167k and not spending any until the next honor sale.
  • GAWAGAWA ✭✭✭
    I had well over a million before Christmas and then splashed out during the sale. Only about 300k left now but still sitting on 18 5* citations that I haven't used yet.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel that you first need to know how fast you can build up to 50k honor on average ... for me that is between 2-3 weeks ... then I can go onto the following ...

I just cite up my good crew ... just spent 150k when one of the eng-of-mega packs gave me a second star on Warship EMA ... i.e. now immortalised and no regrets at all.

I just cite crew that meet my requirements and needs ...
    - do they help with a collection (my current #1 driver in the game) or;
    - do they meet a voyage gap and are at least 2/5?

Like to have 50k sitting in the "bank" when a mega-event rolls around, but I didn't cite Picard and got him through packs, so that might be something I might try from now on, which means I now need 50K at the end of the mega just in case I don't get them.

In general, I'll hold onto honor until one of the above two situations occurs, which is currently the case.
    I'm not holding my breath for the next honor sale ... I still have so many areas I can improve my crew in, it would be silly to stagnate crew progression for the chance of an honor sale at the start of 2021, I mean if I happen to get Stranded Quark, I'm citing him up asap ... when September rolls around I'll start thinking if it might be handy to start saving and because I know how fast my honor stash grows I can estimate what I'll have by the time end-of-year rolls around.

Current Planning
    Have 40k honor, up next:
    - last star for 4/5 The Keeper;
    - save 50k for mega event;
    - once at 100K ... 4th star for Twilight T'Pol;
    - rinse and repeat.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Cite em when you get em. In not waiting a year to immortalize crew just cuz I may get 20% more citing power a year from now

People can play and hoard/not hoard as they please of course.

But I just want to point out it's a lot better than 20% power if you do hold onto it for a sale.

In the last sale for example, 40K got you a gold behold and a gold citation VS the non-sale price of 50K just for a citation.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cite em when you get em. In not waiting a year to immortalize crew just cuz I may get 20% more citing power a year from now

People can play and hoard/not hoard as they please of course.

But I just want to point out it's a lot better than 20% power if you do hold onto it for a sale.

In the last sale for example, 40K got you a gold behold and a gold citation VS the non-sale price of 50K just for a citation.

Yes I did state above that I forgot about that. Kinda miffed I did cuz I had I believe 300 some k I used for it

•  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Previously I saved zero honour due to relentlessly citing 5* crew to deepen my voyage stats. But since I never miss 10hr voyages now, and more importantly the recent honour sale, I’ve realized that saving it for the next one would be the wisest decision. Looking forward to an honour sale bloodbath ASAP
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I just say that I HATE delaying gratification by hoarding honor!!??
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Does anyone else think today's LTO bodes well for Tipping Point doing good Offers?

Might be another heavy Honour Offer before the Winter Holidays this year........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I figure at some point we'll see another honor sale of some sort, but the timing of it could be a long way off. I'm alright with being patient and saving, but at the same time I still want to increase my crew. So I decided for myself that I'll buy a citation after saving 300k honor, then another after saving 550k honor, then another after 800k, and so on. That way I'm saving up for the future, but still allowing myself to be rewarded for putting in the time and effort. :)

This is far too logical. You must be new here.

Haha, thank you. Give it time. I'll descend into madness later.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it as needed. In November, I quit spending in case there is a deal in December or January. After that, back to spending it.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    I had saved up 1 million, but then they did the big old honor pack sale for the game's anniversary a little bit back, now I'm down to 100k which is where I like to hover.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I am totally with Banjo on this. Why hoard when you can get instant gratification? >:)

I only hoard on occasion that I want a specific "something", like getting Kahless or Capt Crusher (now at 4/5).

Currently, I just brought it down to 4K with another gold cite purchase yesterday, but I do have 3 x 5* Cites ready to level when I get a free moment to research who I want to level.

Until a new Honor Hall crew goes in, I also have a list of future purchases:

next 45K for Begold
    next 50K after that for gold cite
    if no purple cites offers by then, then next 36K for 2x purple
    next 50K gold cite
    next 45K begold...you get the idea
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoarding and sitting on 21 citations right now from the last sale so I can afford to sit on it and be picky on who I cite. I've got about 9 citations that will be used as soon as I finish the crew to lvl 100
    (Braxton, Boothby, and Irina).
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • I only use honour when someone hits 4/5*s, then I spend to cite. This usually guarantees that if a Mega hits, I can add the extra star or if I get a lucky run, I can finish someone else. So honour usually sits around 100K
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had saved well over 1 million honor last year, which I happily blew during the January sale, so now I'm saving up again in anticipation of a similar sale next holiday season. I'm already up to about 200k honor, and I still have 11 unused 5* citations (12th from the campaign in about a week). I am far too methodical in choosing who to use citations on, so I wind up forgetting about them and wishing I was more impulsive! lol
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to keep at least 100K saved in case they dropped a new Honor Hall character and I could get it right away. Then I realized it's never getting updated again and just buy citations when I have enough.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to keep at least 100K saved in case they dropped a new Honor Hall character and I could get it right away. Then I realized it's never getting updated again and just buy citations when I have enough.

Also if they do put another one in there is so much tome to gather 100k for it. You wouldn’t miss the chance

• Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally keep enough to buy the Honor Hall Legendaries in case they decide to change them suddenly, but I spent a lot during the holiday Behold deals.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    I had over 1.6 million before the sales, and spent it all. Ended up with 40-something gold citations and however many begolds. I still have 29 of those citations left so I see no need to spend honor at the moment. Just crossed back over 300k. I’ll buy a new honor hall crew if a good one appears!
  • Just shy of 200k spent everything on convergence day
  • I saved nearly all of last year and when sale came on I could spend a bit.

My honour stash fills very slowly, like I can be glad if I hit 50k in 2 months at best. I got 5 citations waiting atm from said sale, and arm I got no one worthy enough to get em. I only need a selected skill mix for voyages arm so I guess I'll save up n wait.

That said I probs won't spend any cash unless the campaign crew fits my needed skillset. And with 46k dil I don't need monthly card either. I guess I'm in for rinse and repeat for quite some time lol.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make sure to keep at least 50k to cite the mega characters, but I try to save up for a begold sale too
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did used to hold onto 100k and buy a behold whenever I built up enough over that, but I don't think I'll be doing that anymore - besides the possibility of another offer like the recent one, I'm at the stage where I've got quite a lot of legendaries already so it's not that exciting to get a new one.

I've got a lvl99 Seven, currently 2/4, waiting around for a Mobile Doctor to show up to merge with - her second star came from the citation at the end of the last campaign, and that's the plan for her other stars over the next couple months, but if a Doc does show up early I'll buy citations just to get her done right away. Otherwise I'll hoard from now on.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    I've been told I have no honor. (what's up with that?)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet