Home The Bridge

How much honour do you keep in the bank?

13»

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I did used to hold onto 100k and buy a behold whenever I built up enough over that, but I don't think I'll be doing that anymore - besides the possibility of another offer like the recent one, I'm at the stage where I've got quite a lot of legendaries already so it's not that exciting to get a new one.

I've got a lvl99 Seven, currently 2/4, waiting around for a Mobile Doctor to show up to merge with - her second star came from the citation at the end of the last campaign, and that's the plan for her other stars over the next couple months, but if a Doc does show up early I'll buy citations just to get her done right away. Otherwise I'll hoard from now on.
    Same, my seven is poised and ready. I plan just to stockpile honour again until next year allthough they might be a new honour hall character at some point that might tempt me.

DB: Do Better
  • V. wrote: »
    I had around 900,000 and 800,000 - now building again until next January.

Agreed. This is what i expect to do.Im fine with a once yearly convergence celebration that brings honor sales and discounted cites.

It may not be an issue (if?) there is a rebalance of dismissal honor vs. honor hall cost as many players have requested.
  • Admiral HessAdmiral Hess ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I try to keep it at 100K, but recently I snagged a 5* cite to bump up Tux Nog to FE/FF, which then got me a 5* Davenport from the Holodeck collection. Building it back up; when I get to 120K, I see if any 4* can be bumped up and then iced. I might hold off on that, in case we get a Spring sale on the honor pulls again. They are good deals , but the game must go on. If I want to continue to grow my 5* crew, I need to finish and freeze these 4* to make room. Just my thoughts...
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saved up a bunch, and then landed Indignant Seven to fuse with my 1* Mobile Doctor. 200k honor later . . . Immortal Cheesecake. :smile:

I was glad I had saved up that much.

I've now worked back up to having enough honor/citations to add 4*s to an amazing crew. I think that's the most I'll keep on hand at any one time.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • 100K is my minimum.
  • edited March 2020
    All of it. I no longer spend honor except on the honor deals. They should run those twice a year. I spent down close to zero during the last sale, and I am already well over 100K.
  • RFRF ✭✭
    I keep 200k around for times like these.hvejapxat7pg.jpg
  • I used my honor at Christmas because I thought there wasn't going to be a sale. I purchased honor and took advantage of the offers, and ended up with lot's of additional stars.

I still have 12 citations (just used two for second copy of Picard & #1) and 350,000 honor. I figure I will try to use my citations wisely and then when they're gone, begin using honor where appropriate. I guess I'll see how I do.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    oigj5iuxvcaw.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • edited May 2020
    oigj5iuxvcaw.png

Wow. 🙂
    I figure at some point we'll see another honor sale of some sort, but the timing of it could be a long way off. I'm alright with being patient and saving, but at the same time I still want to increase my crew. So I decided for myself that I'll buy a citation after saving 300k honor, then another after saving 550k honor, then another after 800k, and so on. That way I'm saving up for the future, but still allowing myself to be rewarded for putting in the time and effort. :)

Since starting this thread I use a variation of the above strategy. I saved 100k, spent 50k. Saved 150k, spent 50k...

Doing this I'm now at 300k honour but retaining enough interest in the game by spending a little of it each month.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently sitting on 400k Honor for a special occasion.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    oigj5iuxvcaw.png

Wow. 🙂
    I figure at some point we'll see another honor sale of some sort, but the timing of it could be a long way off. I'm alright with being patient and saving, but at the same time I still want to increase my crew. So I decided for myself that I'll buy a citation after saving 300k honor, then another after saving 550k honor, then another after 800k, and so on. That way I'm saving up for the future, but still allowing myself to be rewarded for putting in the time and effort. :)

Since starting this thread I use a variation of the above strategy. I saved 100k, spent 50k. Saved 150k, spent 50k...

Doing this I'm now at 300k honour but retaining enough interest in the game by spending a little of it each month.

I've just crossed 400k. It pains me to hoard honor and not spend it, so I've decided to modify to spending 50k each time I accrue 100k. So I'll buy a cite shortly, down to 350k, and once I hit 450k I'll buy a cite, etc. It'll accrue and still keep me from pulling my hair out.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just north of 400k right now too. and I still have citations sitting around to spend as well. have a couple crew about to earn them.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • I went through a phase of saving it up but I spend it when I get it now.

It seems like they do an honor sale every year at the moment, so probably from October/November I'll save it up - but I'm just keen to keep growing my crew.
    Just bought a cite to bring me down to 350k and I’ll buy another when I get back up to $450k and so on.
  • bluetibbluetib ✭✭✭
    I used to spend it as soon as I had 45k (behold) or 50k if I really needed to cite a particular card. But right now, the only character I'm really eager to immo is Warship EMA. I'm currently sitting on 150k and hoping for some kind of sale. It's a slow slog for me earning each 50k of honor so if I can find a way to stretch it, I'm now inclined to do so. Especially needing all four extra stars...

And of course, I have plenty of other cards at 4/5 on standby that it would be nice to just finish off.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t save any of it. I buy citations as I need them, be they for purple or for gold. I have even bought some for newer blue crew just to get them done and frozen.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • I’m at a point in the game where I have enough immortalized gold crew that I can regularly hit 10 hours on any skill combo and can participate in faction events even if I don’t have all the event crew. So I’m currently saving, hoping for another honor deal like we got a few months ago. Currently at 450k.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Em Cam wrote: »
    I'm a honor spender. As soon as there's 50 000 in the bank, it's upgrade time. :D

Me too!!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fitting that this thread received a mild necro-of-sorts today, because I was in mild crisis mode a few hours ago. I am equal parts strategic planner and impulsivity, and for most of my STT career I've had to carefully balance out my planning with my need to just do something RIGHT NOW. I actually kind of crafted it into a personalized game strategy, I'd hoard absolutely everything I could and stockpile reserves for weeks/months all in the name of acquiring Honor, and then when I'd hit 50K I'd feed my impulsivity by buying a 5* citation and use it immediately.

But several months ago my friends convinced me it was better to start stockpiling Honor and seeing the wisdom of this approach I began in earnest, and in not too long at all I went from around 20K to nearly 300K and that all came to a head this morning when I had to have my friends talk me off the ledge so to speak because I realized my game was out of balance, I was not paying enough attention to my impulsivity and it was making me anxious. Saving up Honor is not at ALL easy for me!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m at a point in the game where I have enough immortalized gold crew that I can regularly hit 10 hours on any skill combo and can participate in faction events even if I don’t have all the event crew. So I’m currently saving, hoping for another honor deal like we got a few months ago. Currently at 450k.

I’m starting to come around to this line of thinking. Up until now, the plan has always been to address skill gaps for improving my voyage/event chances. And that’s how I have cracked the ten hour mark on three more MED/ENG voyages than COM/SEC voyages over the last two months.

There are some top-level voyagers I could still work on (FO Burnham, Xindi Insectoid, Sarah Sisko), a few small holes that could be filled with the likes of Dahar Master Koloth or Humbled Archer, and a personal favorite or two I would like to load up on for fun (Talas, for example). And now that I’m noticing that fewer 4* crew are being thawed out for events, the idea of having a little flexibility for the exceptionally rare honor sale or a new crew I really want to immortalize right away sounds highly appealing.
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    It is fitting that this thread received a mild necro-of-sorts today, because I was in mild crisis mode a few hours ago. I am equal parts strategic planner and impulsivity, and for most of my STT career I've had to carefully balance out my planning with my need to just do something RIGHT NOW. I actually kind of crafted it into a personalized game strategy, I'd hoard absolutely everything I could and stockpile reserves for weeks/months all in the name of acquiring Honor, and then when I'd hit 50K I'd feed my impulsivity by buying a 5* citation and use it immediately.

But several months ago my friends convinced me it was better to start stockpiling Honor and seeing the wisdom of this approach I began in earnest, and in not too long at all I went from around 20K to nearly 300K and that all came to a head this morning when I had to have my friends talk me off the ledge so to speak because I realized my game was out of balance, I was not paying enough attention to my impulsivity and it was making me anxious. Saving up Honor is not at ALL easy for me!

I feel very much the same. I did stockpile for a time (based on the talk of other players) and it KILLED me to do so, since before that I was very much a "cite as I got 50k honor" player. Then I got influenced to use it as I got it again... just in time for the honor sale, which I regretfully did not get to participate in as much as I wanted and felt very much left out. Now... I'm back to 400k (less the 50k I spent today to buy a citation) and I've decided a balance between spending 50k every 100k I accrue is a good compromise for me.

You saying "Saving up Honor is not at ALL easy for me!" definitely strikes a chord with me.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    About 150k. Just nothing worth spending it on right now.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have 21 gold cites still saved from January (initially had about 35 after the January sale) and am sitting on almost 850k honor again. I already consistently hit 10 hour voyages. Goal is to hit 12 hour voyages. Not really interested in marginal gains so i wait for the studs.

Also this concept of "Instant gratification" is a something today's culture gets wrong, imo. It's usually an indication of lack of self discipline.

I would say my absolute floor is 125-150k honor. Still waiting for that honor hall update that should have come back in 2019, much like gauntlet.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    150k at all times. 100k and 4 cites for an honor hall update, and 50k for the mega every 2 months. So anything above 150k is free for all. I usually just cite a gold once I reach 200k.

I will hold out for all of time for an honor hall update. I will not spend those resources before then. Even if it never comes, it's the principle at this point. Every single time I give up in a situation like this and just spend / use something, RIGHT after that is when the goal situation happens. Not this time, universe, not this time.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always been disappointed with the price of citations and beholds with honor. I believe the price is double what it should be. So at first I bought replicator rations with honor.(But I was still accumulating honor) But with voyages I did not need to do that anymore. So I would just buy a begold with honor once in a while.

Then we got the first honor pricing sale. Now after that I stopped buying things with honor. If they would not have given us the second honor sale, I would still be accumulating. My theory was, and is, if people would stop buying things with honor, they would either have to put another honor pricing sale in or lower the pricing. So far two sales I fully took advantage of the first one, the second even though I had been accumulating, I still needed to buy some of the honor deals they had for money, and still fell short. But did not miss a whole lot.

I currently have over twenty legendary citations on both accounts. I use them sparingly. If I make a run for the top 25 in an event I will cite key personal for that event.

Again, I do not spend honor on the current pricing for citations and beholds. So all of my honor is accumulating.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days, I'm saving for sales like many of the other players who've chimed in so far. However, I'm finally out of 5* citations from the January sale that I'm gonna have to start dipping into my honor if I'm gonna keep up with the mega 5*'s. Sure would be nice to get another one of those specials like the one in January about now....
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m at a point in the game where I have enough immortalized gold crew that I can regularly hit 10 hours on any skill combo and can participate in faction events even if I don’t have all the event crew. So I’m currently saving, hoping for another honor deal like we got a few months ago. Currently at 450k.

This. I am close to 800k but I do not spend any. I have no cites on stock but I can wait anyway, and the campaign at least provides one per month to squander.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.