Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Leisure Time - 03/19 - Event type correction

Comments

• Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

What traits do you suppose she should have?
    What traits do you suppose she will have?

Starfleet, Human, Mirror Universe, and Terran Empire should be obvious. Pilot is pretty likely. I can't remember if she had the implants that would make the Engineered trait possible. Veteran and Brutal are possibilities since Killy also has those.

Stats... Pilots usually get CMD. Mirror Universe tends to get SEC. I'd like to see SCI or ENG tertiary, but we all know that it will probably be DIP if she is lucky enough to get a third skill.

Terrans apparently won their Battle of the Binary Stars. I do not believe she was injured/augmented in the Mirror Universe.........

Taking another look at the picture posted by Apollo makes me pretty sure Carmen is correct. Assuming Detmer was at the battle, she should get the Veteran trait. I can't think of ways to justify any other traits. She'll probably be a low trait card.
    Exanimus wrote: »
    So I've been wasting resources trying to rank for the 4* card for nothing. Why would you point out a card as having a bonus in the next event if it wasn't event crew? So much for thinking DB was actually listening. I wasted dilithium because of this.

Lesson learned. Bash and out. Carry on.

Shame you didn't read previous posts. You'd learn the actual lesson of reading the fine print. But isn't it nice that we have a place to vent frustrations?
    Edit: Also, why are you spending dilithium before Sunday to chase a SR? I recommend joining a better fleet who can help you strategize and find more optimal uses for resources.

Don’t get on your high horse with people Prime Lorca. Makes you seem more like Mirror Lorca if you are scolding people and saying they should read the fine print. Many believed that DB was going to put the super rare for the next event in the previous event as reward like they do the legendary. There was an unusual event with two legendaries as if they were changing the format and the event was unusual enough that many would take it that way. And when has Shan made a special note on a super rare in the ranked rewards applying to the next event instead of just saying all EMH will give bonus? Not often. It was reasonable for people to think that the EMH in the ranked rewards would be event crew the next week. I can understand people being angry when that expectation was not met.

My high horse? I don't like it when people pop in, spout rage, then ghost. It's unhelpful, they learn nothing, and just stir drama. And you played right into it. You're continuing the drama. You're adding nothing constructive to the conversation. I explained earlier about us holding DB to the letter of the rules. It would be hypocritical if it didn't work both ways.

I understand your frustration. But please keep it in perspective. If TP made it the existing SR for the following week, then do they offer the same one in the next event? That can't be ideal. Do they perpetually make the SR reward be the existing SR for the following week? That's a possibility, but it wouldn't fit the "one time thing" that they announced. And you would be chiming in with all the rest with outrage that they changed the dynamic of the game without telling us. You just seem to thrive on outrage. I hope you track your blood pressure regularly because I worry about your health, friend.

I think we should all agree to blame the devs for changing the rules all the time for no good reason. It's like flashbacks all over again, it confuses people, they get angry and frustrated for very little gain. I would rather encourage them to try something completely new instead, such as new event types.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we dial down our responses a few notches? This discussion is not being productive and is derailing from the thread at hand. I'm sure we're all a little stressed out over current world conditions and the impact it may be having on our personal lives and society in general. But let's stay positive and not further isolate one another in a community known for being widely accepting.

Here, let redirect the discussion. Has anyone else noticed that the 3* Commander Scott is not in the Spit and Bailing Wire collection? Should he be added? And if not, why do think he isn't part of it?

If he’s the one I think he is I would say rigging a transporter to hold you for 70 years certainly qualifies

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Can we dial down our responses a few notches? This discussion is not being productive and is derailing from the thread at hand. I'm sure we're all a little stressed out over current world conditions and the impact it may be having on our personal lives and society in general. But let's stay positive and not further isolate one another in a community known for being widely accepting.

Here, let redirect the discussion. Has anyone else noticed that the 3* Commander Scott is not in the Spit and Bailing Wire collection? Should he be added? And if not, why do think he isn't part of it?

If he’s the one I think he is I would say rigging a transporter to hold you for 70 years certainly qualifies

99% sure that is Captain Scott.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

99% sure that is Captain Scott.

It is. Isn't the 3 🌟 Scott in the Engineering Suit from TMP/TWoK?????

EDIT: From the Wiki, 3 🌟 Scott & 5 🌟 Captain Scott.......

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Commander_Scott

Commander Scott {3 🌟} is from TWoK. {Other Engineers wore the hazard suit in TMP.}

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Captain_Scott

5 🌟 Captain Scott is from "Relics".
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh. Well, I'll be damned. I was entirely oblivious to this! Mayyyyyyyybe it's because he seems to actually do everything by the book in those two movies? That's all I've got so far as reasons to deliberately exclude that version. That would have significantly helped reaching those thresholds. Oh, well. It wouldn't have made any appreciable difference in any part of my game play for the span between when I would have hit 25 with him and whenever I actually did. It'd sure be nice for players who haven't hit those milestones yet if WRG saw fit to assign him that trait.
  • Options

Huh. Well, I'll be damned. I was entirely oblivious to this! Mayyyyyyyybe it's because he seems to actually do everything by the book in those two movies? That's all I've got so far as reasons to deliberately exclude that version. That would have significantly helped reaching those thresholds. Oh, well. It wouldn't have made any appreciable difference in any part of my game play for the span between when I would have hit 25 with him and whenever I actually did. It'd sure be nice for players who haven't hit those milestones yet if WRG saw fit to assign him that trait.

In TWoK he bypassed something "like a Christmas tree".......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

True, but perhaps bypassing like a Christmas Tree is standard practice? ;)
  • Options
    ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Edit: Well @DScottHewitt I screwed up your quote! Behold! :D

[/quote]

Commander Scott {3 🌟} is from TWoK. {Other Engineers wore the hazard suit in TMP.}

[/quote]

Thank you for looking that up on the wiki. I didn't even think of that. I couldn't remember where he was from. Now I need to watch that again and see why he wouldn't get the Jury Rigger trait.

I noticed it because I need a few more in that collection. And with Scotty being featured crew next week, it pinged on my radar.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

The exact line is, "The energizer's bypassed like a Christmas tree, so don't give me too many bumps." I don't even know what that means, but I can see reading it as jury rigging. It would be flimsy at best to rationalize any version of Scotty as not having the Jury Rigger trait. It's as much a part of who he is as being Human.

Yeah. It's hard to find a reason for most any Scottie to not be a "Jury Rigger".

It's almost as crazy as a medical doctor, who uses one of her primary medical specialties while being in the situation her Crew card represents, not being a "Physician" in her Traits..........
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

The exact line is, "The energizer's bypassed like a Christmas tree, so don't give me too many bumps." I don't even know what that means, but I can see reading it as jury rigging. It would be flimsy at best to rationalize any version of Scotty as not having the Jury Rigger trait. It's as much a part of who he is as being Human.

Oh, I feel sorry for those who don't know what "bypassing like a Christmas tree" means...

Many strings of Christmas lights are wired in series; if one light burns out, it will take down the entire string. Many kits come with spare lights, but sooner or later you run those out, and they are often odd-sized sockets. If you got your string from a manufacturer that went out of business, you may end up unable to find replacement bulbs. The solution to this is to borrow another famous Christmas tree material: tinsel. You stuff a little tinsel in the socket, and it conducts the electricity on to the rest of the string.

The downside is that tinsel is not known for staying put; if the tree gets jostled wrong, one of two things can happen. First, it just loses connection and the string goes out again. Second, it might cause a few sparks, and if you are using a real Christmas tree (or just are unlucky where the sparks fall)...

Needless to say, neither result is desirable in a combat situation.

We just used to use a brass staple, a bit fiddly but would work well enough, another alternative is cut the light housing off strip the wire on either side of the cut and twine the copper wire together, then seal with electrical tape.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I've got one gripe about Holonovel-gate... I fully own that if the community had clearly read the announcement we would have understood what was going on. What still remains a mystery is the "Why". The change in format made it seem like something special was going to be going on. It was a huge letdown to find out that this was going to be a perfectly normal faction galaxy event. It would have been nice for TP/WR to communicate what and why they were doing.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options

Oh, I feel sorry for those who don't know what "bypassing like a Christmas tree" means...

Many strings of Christmas lights are wired in series; if one light burns out, it will take down the entire string. Many kits come with spare lights, but sooner or later you run those out, and they are often odd-sized sockets. If you got your string from a manufacturer that went out of business, you may end up unable to find replacement bulbs. The solution to this is to borrow another famous Christmas tree material: tinsel. You stuff a little tinsel in the socket, and it conducts the electricity on to the rest of the string.

The downside is that tinsel is not known for staying put; if the tree gets jostled wrong, one of two things can happen. First, it just loses connection and the string goes out again. Second, it might cause a few sparks, and if you are using a real Christmas tree (or just are unlucky where the sparks fall)...

Needless to say, neither result is desirable in a combat situation.

We truly learn something new here every day!!!!!

Awesome backstory to his quote.

😺🖖👍🖖😺
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    So has it been confirmed that Indulgent Seven is a version of The Doctor?

• Options
    Ice Man wrote: »
    So has it been confirmed that Indulgent Seven is a version of The Doctor?

She/he is supposed to hit for both Seven & Doctor. And Borg, too.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to BAD art. :s
    l3trbht5r9yx.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    l3trbht5r9yx.jpeg

Scotty looks like he has lipstick :)
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    l3trbht5r9yx.jpeg

That's also my "I need to poop now but people won't stop talking to me" face.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what episode the EMH plays golf?
  • Options
    l3trbht5r9yx.jpeg

Xanathar wrote: »
    ]doc.jpg

Looks like the image from the episode. I like it.

But, as Sanoa pointed out somewhere, art is subjective......
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think his art is magnificently done even though I don’t care for it personally.