Home The Bridge
Options

Player Survey (Mega Event)

Comments

• Options
    Enterprise
    How about the Whales!!! ST 4....

gow87qdxdy4y.jpg

I'm absolutely on board with that provided the recurring legendary is George and Gracie:

auh79sbmr4lj.jpg
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    Tribbles
    All the way for Tribbles!
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise
    I hope everyone thought to check that one of the "Dislikes" was not enough Crew Slots for the ones we want to grab..........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tribbles
    I hope everyone thought to check that one of the "Dislikes" was not enough Crew Slots for the ones we want to grab..........

Not I. My only dislike was not enough fleet activities. I've spent dilithium to get those crew slots. I'll be a little bitter if they expand slots for everyone and I don't get compensated for all that dilithium.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Enterprise

Not I. My only dislike was not enough fleet activities. I've spent dilithium to get those crew slots. I'll be a little bitter if they expand slots for everyone and I don't get compensated for all that dilithium.

When they add Free Slots, everyone gets them. Including those of us who have bought Slots............
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Tribbles

When they add Free Slots, everyone gets them. Including those of us who have bought Slots............

And then I buy 5 more so I get 10 instead of 5. If they were to just hand out 100 slots, I wouldn't feel grateful. I would feel like I wasted 30,000 dilithium.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Enterprise

And then I buy 5 more so I get 10 instead of 5. If they were to just hand out 100 slots, I wouldn't feel grateful. I would feel like I wasted 30,000 dilithium.

Okay.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise
    Of course I voted Enterprise and may the Xindi aquatic be the recurring legendary. I couldn’t find the name anywhere online so I will give the spelling a shot. Kyatit-Amat-Sur
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Voyager
    Memory Alpha has it spelt this way https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kiaphet_Amman'sor . I'd be happy with this as the recurring legendary if it happened
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Enterprise
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Memory Alpha has it spelt this way https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kiaphet_Amman'sor . I'd be happy with this as the recurring legendary if it happened

Ah! I couldn’t find it. Only thing I had to go on was when Degra said the name but there were ship repairs going on around him when he did. Kinda drowned out his voice

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tribbles

Think of all the crew you didn't have to dismiss in that time that the rest of us did, or the merits/hassle you were spared by not having to rotate so many crew between quarters and the freezer. Haven't those advantages been worth 30k? That was why you felt they were worth it in the first place, after all. Why would the months, even years, of those advantages be a "waste" if they were now hypothetically given away?
  • Options
    Tribbles

Think of all the crew you didn't have to dismiss in that time that the rest of us did, or the merits/hassle you were spared by not having to rotate so many crew between quarters and the freezer. Haven't those advantages been worth 30k? That was why you felt they were worth it in the first place, after all. Why would the months, even years, of those advantages be a "waste" if they were now hypothetically given away?

This is a fair point. I'll concede that keeping crew that others airlocked had value. But if I were suddenly given 100 slots, that means I could have just waited. I think I've posted enough on the forum about being patient and waiting for it to be believable that I would have just waited, had I known the slots would be given away later. And I can promise you that the merit and inconvenience are non-issues for me. I would have happily spent the merits.

The conveniences that you present make me think that a full refund would be unreasonable. But a 50% refund seems appropriate to me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Enterprise

Especially since the extra Slots that were bought are still there. I'm not sure what the "complaint" would be. If they give everyone five Slots, and he buys five more, he still has more.

I guess sometimes it is necessary to find something to complain about, even if it has to be manufactured........
  • Options
    Enterprise

This is a fair point. I'll concede that keeping crew that others airlocked had value. But if I were suddenly given 100 slots, that means I could have just waited. I think I've posted enough on the forum about being patient and waiting for it to be believable that I would have just waited, had I known the slots would be given away later. And I can promise you that the merit and inconvenience are non-issues for me. I would have happily spent the merits.

The conveniences that you present make me think that a full refund would be unreasonable. But a 50% refund seems appropriate to me.

Why would ANY refund be appropriate? You still have more Slots than those who did not buy extra ones. It's not like they don't give you the free Slots, if you have bought Slots. You're still at an advantage.

No offense is meant. It's just really sounding like a "manufactured" "complaint". Now, if they are either removing the extra Slots you paid for, or not giving you the free Slots, then you do have a legitimate complaint, and I sincerely apologise..........
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summer Vacation
    As I love everything about Risa I voted for the Summer Vacation. Tribbles were my second choice followed by ENT. Ceti Alpha went below anything else.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Tribbles

Why would ANY refund be appropriate? You still have more Slots than those who did not buy extra ones. It's not like they don't give you the free Slots, if you have bought Slots. You're still at an advantage.

No offense is meant. It's just really sounding like a "manufactured" "complaint". Now, if they are either removing the extra Slots you paid for, or not giving you the free Slots, then you do have a legitimate complaint, and I sincerely apologise..........

I'm with you on this Scott. The logic totally escapes me, too. But, what does one expect from a scenario that is completely fabricated from the nothingness of boredom? Just an excuse to create something to fuss about ...

... but that does seem to be what this forum's function is for. ;) LOL :smiley:

But back to rooting for Tribbles! :smiley:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise

If they simply give more, then you are right. If they remove the cap or give everyone the same cap, then it is a different issue. I have a bunch of crew spots because that is what I saved for. I sacrifice pulling packs for crew slots.
  • Options
    None of these
    If you had max slots before the vault was added, CS did a grant of any 1-3* crew you'd airlocked for space in the past like 60 days or something. I'm sure that they'd do something similar were the hypothetical slot grant that we're arguing about be introduced.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summer Vacation
    If they remove the cap or give everyone the same cap, then it is a different issue.

I think this is very vey very unlikely. I could imagine they permanently lower the prices for slots though.

I have 310, so I spent quite some dil on them. But they served me well and saved me airlocks and merits. If they were cheaper in the future I would not be mad.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Enterprise

If they simply give more, then you are right. If they remove the cap or give everyone the same cap, then it is a different issue. I have a bunch of crew spots because that is what I saved for. I sacrifice pulling packs for crew slots.

IIRC, when there are new Crew Slots given to EVERYONE, the process is kind of like this:

Example> Everyone gets five free Slots. Including the people who apparently feel "ripped off" by a FREE gift. They also add five sets of five buyable Slots. The Max Cap is then raised by thirty Slots. No one who bought Slots "loses" any, and they still have the advantage of the extra Slots they paid for.

If I am wrong, and they are taking away bought Slots, I apologise. As I already indicated. But, I have yet to see anyone post they have ever done that.

The Wiki Page on Crew, including info of when Slots have been added:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise

She would be a cool recurring legendary!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Enterprise
    Hasedoki wrote: »

She would be a cool recurring legendary!

Great Recurring for an Enterprise Mega.
  • Options
    Tribbles
    Cuttysark wrote: »

I'm with you on this Scott. The logic totally escapes me, too. But, what does one expect from a scenario that is completely fabricated from the nothingness of boredom? Just an excuse to create something to fuss about ...

Just because you can't understand a point of view does not make it invalid or "manufactured". Please try to imagine spending dilithium on slots. We're all sci-fi fans. We are capable of imagining things. So imagine you buy the number of slots you need. Then everyone gets 100 more slots. You now have 100 slots that have no use because you already bought the right number of slots. It would be like you shouldn't have bought those slots if you were just going to get them for free.

If you don't follow, then consider this. You spend real money to support a game that you like and for an advantage in the game. Then that advantage is given to everyone else and your advantage disappears. It would make you a tad bitter.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to help folks understand - to think from another point of view. Hope you gave it a try and I hope it helped.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Enterprise

Just because you can't understand a point of view does not make it invalid or "manufactured". Please try to imagine spending dilithium on slots. We're all sci-fi fans. We are capable of imagining things. So imagine you buy the number of slots you need. Then everyone gets 100 more slots. You now have 100 slots that have no use because you already bought the right number of slots. It would be like you shouldn't have bought those slots if you were just going to get them for free.

If you don't follow, then consider this. You spend real money to support a game that you like and for an advantage in the game. Then that advantage is given to everyone else and your advantage disappears. It would make you a tad bitter.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to help folks understand - to think from another point of view. Hope you gave it a try and I hope it helped.

Okay. I understand you feel like you have been "slighted" because you bought extra Crew Slots. Somehow you {if I understand you correctly} feel you are being taken advantage of because you bought extra Crew Slots, and occasionally the company gives everyone, including you, more Crew Slots for free, and increases the maximum number of Crew Slots.

To verify, you are getting the free Slots, when the rest of the players do? If so, how exactly are you losing the "advantage" you seem to feel you are losing?

If a VIP0 player has 100 Crew Slots, and you have 200 Crew Slots, and they give you both 100 more {which I do not recall there ever being that many free Crew Slots given at once since I started playing} how are you losing this "advantage" you talk about? You still have 100 more Crew Slots than the VIP0 player.

They need to increase the Crew Slots cap sometimes. Most weeks we get multiple new Crew added to the game.

I'm not trying to be mean. I apologise if I upset you earlier. Just because I do not perceive the issue you have does not make it trivial, or unreal. I just can't see what the loss is you perceive you are suffering.

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tribbles
    To come back to the original topic, my concern is that some of the other themes are like "Month of Hell" in that they may be well liked episodes, but there aren't really all that many new crew to take from them. On top of that, some of the ones who could be taken aren't particularly interesting:

"Before and After"
    Kes in some stage of older life
    Doctor Van Gogh (The Doctor with hair)
    Linnis (Kes's daughter)
    Captain Chakotay
    Security Officer Neelix with Birthday Cake
    Benaren (Kes's father)
    Martis (Kes's mother)

Ceti Alpha
    Movie uniform variants of the Enterprise crew, always welcomed
    Sacrificial Spock
    Away Team McCoy
    Captain/EV Suit Clark Terrell
    Saavik, either in a regular uniform or Off-Duty (turbolift)

"E²"
    Delphic Expanse Fatigued Archer
    T'Pol in Purple
    Off-Duty Tucker
    Xindi-Primate Councilor
    Karyn Archer
    Greer (NX descendant)
    Alternate Future Enterprise NX-01

Tribbles
    [Stanley Adams's likeness has been notoriously difficult to secure so Cyrano Jones seems unlikely]
    Arne Darvin
    Nilz Baris
    Korax
    1701 O'Brien
    Barry Waddle (Darvin in the 24th century)
    Lucsly & Dulmer
    Lt. Watley
    Lt. Edward Larkin
    U.S.S. Cabot

Summer Vacation, which I guess is mostly Risa
    Holiday Picard
    Risa Vash
    Sovak
    Ajur & Boratus (the Vorgon)
    Tourist Bashir
    Tourist Leeta
    Pascal Fullerton
    Tourist Mayweather
    Tourist Sato
    Keyla
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Enterprise

Okay. I understand you feel like you have been "slighted" because you bought extra Crew Slots. Somehow you {if I understand you correctly} feel you are being taken advantage of because you bought extra Crew Slots, and occasionally the company gives everyone, including you, more Crew Slots for free, and increases the maximum number of Crew Slots.

To verify, you are getting the free Slots, when the rest of the players do? If so, how exactly are you losing the "advantage" you seem to feel you are losing?

If a VIP0 player has 100 Crew Slots, and you have 200 Crew Slots, and they give you both 100 more {which I do not recall there ever being that many free Crew Slots given at once since I started playing} how are you losing this "advantage" you talk about? You still have 100 more Crew Slots than the VIP0 player.

They need to increase the Crew Slots cap sometimes. Most weeks we get multiple new Crew added to the game.

I'm not trying to be mean. I apologise if I upset you earlier. Just because I do not perceive the issue you have does not make it trivial, or unreal. I just can't see what the loss is you perceive you are suffering.

Every time that kind of topic comes up, some complain. However, the solution is always the same, don't give it away for free, make it available through gameplay. Episode 11 could have 5 slots as a unique reward for instance. The devs could also add a starbase room granting an additional 50 slots.

It doesn't have to be difficult but it shifts the focus from "why is everyone else getting what I paid for?" to "how can I make the most of this?".
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Enterprise
    I’m not sure why people still have any hope that the theme of the mega will give us characters that fit the theme. The most likely outcome of a Tribble themed mega is that we will get DC Worf 4 weeks in a row. Tribble Herder Scotty will likely feature in the storyline, but we’ll never get a chance to win him in the mega. At the end of the mega, everyone will cry and they’ll send us all a 1/5 Mirror Picard as an apology.
  • Options
    Tribbles

I was just presenting a counter argument for those who think that DB should solve the problem of not enough slots. People tend to float the idea of "oh just give everyone a bunch of slots because no one loses." But there would be those who perceive it as a loss. As long as folks understand that, then I think we can find some middle ground. Like trickling them out slowly, but at a faster pace than before.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    None of these
    A TAS event would be nice. I guess if it ends up being a tribbles event, at least that could include some TAS characters.