Home The Bridge
Options

What skills for Soji?

{DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
I haven’t seen the Picard series yet. What skills is Soji likely to have? Any guesses?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I believe a case could be made for all of the following: Android, Civilian, Cyberneticist, Desperate, Physician (she's not a medical doctor, but did help with the removal of Borg implants), Romantic, Undercover Operative, Xenoanthropology.

EDIT: Whoops, dang — for some reason I read that as "traits". Well, now you've got those, as well. 😜

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills,
    Diplomacy
    (see the final episode)+her helping XBs

Med
    removal of borg implants.

Sec
    running away from the Romulan siblings.

Sci/Eng, seen throughout the series.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    She ought to have SCI because she's a recurring 5* in a mega-event an anthropologist. DIP, because that's a default skill. After that, I dunno. Whatever skill being a MacGuffin requires?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think MED/SCI/ENG. If they refer to someone as a doctor in ST they usually mean a degree in medicine.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    She ought to have SCI because she's a recurring 5* in a mega-event an anthropologist. DIP, because that's a default skill. After that, I dunno. Whatever skill being a MacGuffin requires?

I appreciate a good strike through text rather than straight deletion... nice and subtle :D
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Science/Diplomacy/Security?
    Clearly a highly regarded scientist, very empathetic to the XB, and a badass when she needs to be....
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Science/Diplomacy/Security?
    Clearly a highly regarded scientist, very empathetic to the XB, and a badass when she needs to be....

Interesting. I do not see any notable SEC, DIP and also COM on her. So at least we all are pretty sure about SCI.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Travis ...

SCI
    DIP
    and maybe ENG.

I can't see a real inclusion for any of the other three:
    CMD - uh, no, can't explain for spoiler reasons.
    MED - wishful thinking.
    SEC - that's the other one (Dahj).

Her traits will include Anthropologist, not Xenoanthropology I think (the second being too specific for her case). Don't think they'll include Physician either ... don't need to be one to help remove a Borg implant.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Sci, Med, Dip, given that she is a Doctor who was working to help rehabilitate ex-Borg. Though Sci, Med, Eng would be a cool combo and could potentially work too.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, haven't seen her actually do anything other than tear a hole in the floor.... :o;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    DIP-SCI-ENG or SCI-DIP-ENG

SEC - she obviously had potential, but didn't demonstrate it like her sister did

CMD - she didn't seem to be in command of anything, including her own life

MED - wishful thinking... SCI/ENG with a side of DIP doesn't make her a caregiver
  • Options
    I think SCI / ENG / DIP.... I hope she will be a 5*....
  • Options
    A strong 5* like Picard and Number One... I presume...
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    My first instinct would have been a SCI primary with a DIP/ENG secondary but I'm curious if they would run 2 SCI primary mega recurring crew back to back. Picard and #1 was a super strong SCI card. Would seem anti climatic to have a weaker SCI card in Soji...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCI/SEC/ENG - that's just my 2¢. I am not sure why everyone thinks DIP would be prevalent. If anything, CMD would be higher for her than DIP IMO.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I don't think she can be SCI/DIP right after Picard, there would be some legitimate backlash. I don't believe in two skills either, we just got our latest forum drama with the new pack so the next one is due in a couple of month.

SCI/ENG/DIP. Or SCI/MED/DIP.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope her skill set isn’t what we just got with Picard and Number One.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    She should be diplomacy first and foremost as that was what her job entailed. Then she should be security cause she can kick butt. Then she should have some science or engineering.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I'd love if they just quietly gave her the Musician trait as a behind the scenes Easter egg.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I believe a case could be made for all of the following: Android, Civilian, Cyberneticist, Desperate, Physician (she's not a medical doctor, but did help with the removal of Borg implants), Romantic, Undercover Operative, Xenoanthropology.

EDIT: Whoops, dang — for some reason I read that as "traits". Well, now you've got those, as well. 😜

Why not "Physician"? There is at least one nurse with that Trait. And Geordi has the Trait for dressing up like a fictional 19th century doctor on the Holodeck. However, an actual medical doctor, who uses her main medical speciality while in the condition portrayed in her card, does not........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think MED/SCI/ENG. If they refer to someone as a doctor in ST they usually mean a degree in medicine.

Ha! Close enough. :) I really did not see DIP coming though.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the MED/DIP/SCI. I don't have anybody with that skill order until my 3/5 Mirror Bev. Qod is MED/SCI/DIP so good complement IMO.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED/DIP as main skills is such a common combo(totally expected SCI to be main or 2nd skill)....quite a bummer. 😕
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really curious to see what her FF skills are. She’s going to need to be a fairly hefty improvement over my existing MED/SCI/DIP crew (and, to a lesser extent, crew with variations of that skill set like Qod or Juliana Tainer) to be worthy of a citation over the new Reno or my 1/5* Stranded Quark.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    For her excellent artwork alone, she is worth a citation to 5/5 her. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be interested in seeing how she compares to Cornwell and Darth Bashir.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The skillset leaves me neither hot nor cold (kinda like the character on the show, personally I found her one of the least interesting) ... I mean, sure a 4/5 MED crew is fine and I'll hope to add a star to her through end-of-mega packs (if I go that way, because the other two 5*s have been bland too).

I really don't see MED in her character on the show, especially as a primary ... through a single session with that one ex-Borg lady?

She'll blow the old cards out of the water, especially Darth Bashir, who I already was sending out on less and less voyages (weekend duty when not on event duty).

The best thing about her? Civilian trait for MED seat (along with what will probably be decent stats).
    EDIT: Oh and for bonus crew if they ever state all ST:Picard crew are bonus crew (as they've done with Discovery).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This works for me. She can replace my Crell Moset in this capacity
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my dead eye assessment: she’s looking like the most exciting thing is her Med primary. Which isn’t an insignificant thing. For me, this might be the most underwhelming Mega card since Minuet, at least from a veteran player perspective. Though I wouldn’t necessarily say she’s that bad (or objectively bad, for that matter). I’ll be interested to see how her voyage numbers stack up.

My view is she’s not great but you can’t expect a great card every Mega. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm doing the math right, she's right next to the new Reno in overall voyage score (so right around 26-ish). Can't be upset about a MED primary with very strong voyage numbers. Too bad the skill set is somewhat common (for MED primaries).