Home The Bridge
Options

What skills for Soji?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Just my dead eye assessment: she’s looking like the most exciting thing is her Med primary. Which isn’t an insignificant thing. For me, this might be the most underwhelming Mega card since Minuet, at least from a veteran player perspective. Though I wouldn’t necessarily say she’s that bad (or objectively bad, for that matter). I’ll be interested to see how her voyage numbers stack up.

My view is she’s not great but you can’t expect a great card every Mega. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have to disagree there. Thrax or Kol (whichever was second) was more underwhelming than Soji by virtue of having the exact skill order as the previous mega event coupled with the extremely boring SEC/CMD/DIP combination. Soji at least has Picard event potential and is so far the only Picard crew with MED primary.

I can agree that she could be better. But I would say that she beats Thrax and Kol pretty soundly. She actually edges out Q as "God" in my book because of her event potential. I would argue that she's the worst mega legendary since Q as "God", so... That's certainly not the worst thing in the world. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, someone said that MED primary was wishful thinking, and now that she is, so many are dissatisfied. Weird.

I like her skills, Crell at 4/5 was my "best" with this skill order so far.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    She‘s the best voyages crew with MED/DIP combo, so its ok.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I think about her VORP for MED/DIP crew, I think I would rather wait for a fifth star from a mega wrap-up pack and apply my next citation to Reno. Whenever she reaches 5/5* she will certainly displace someone into the freezer (probably Elizabeth Dehner or AoS Crusher, as Crell Moset still gets called to service for those annoying Cardassian gauntlets) but I’m in no rush to reach that day.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Just my dead eye assessment: she’s looking like the most exciting thing is her Med primary. Which isn’t an insignificant thing. For me, this might be the most underwhelming Mega card since Minuet, at least from a veteran player perspective. Though I wouldn’t necessarily say she’s that bad (or objectively bad, for that matter). I’ll be interested to see how her voyage numbers stack up.

My view is she’s not great but you can’t expect a great card every Mega. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have to disagree there. Thrax or Kol (whichever was second) was more underwhelming than Soji by virtue of having the exact skill order as the previous mega event coupled with the extremely boring SEC/CMD/DIP combination. Soji at least has Picard event potential and is so far the only Picard crew with MED primary.

I can agree that she could be better. But I would say that she beats Thrax and Kol pretty soundly. She actually edges out Q as "God" in my book because of her event potential. I would argue that she's the worst mega legendary since Q as "God", so... That's certainly not the worst thing in the world. :)

Provided that being Picard crew will give bonus in Picard megas. Soji is only giving bonus in this Picard mega because she is the event recurring. Raffi and Elnor will not give bonus in any event but their own and Picard and Number One card is giving zero bonus. Until we see a Picard mega where Picard crew give bonus the whole mega I do not think you can assume it will be so.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else extremely happy that an Android got the Human Trait? Picard already proved in a court of law years ago that artificial people are still people.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else extremely happy that an Android got the Human Trait? Picard already proved in a court of law years ago that artificial people are still people.......

I’m happy that she’s got at least a couple traits that come up regularly in voyages, unlike Q as “God”.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m happy that she’s got at least a couple traits that come up regularly in voyages, unlike Q as “God”.

Yeah he doesn't have good traits.
  • Options

Yeah he doesn't have good traits.

Yeah, it's Costumed or nothing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think MED/SCI/ENG. If they refer to someone as a doctor in ST they usually mean a degree in medicine.

Ha! Close enough. :) I really did not see DIP coming though.

Tried to tell ya!
    She ought to have SCI because she's a recurring 5* in a mega-event an anthropologist. DIP, because that's a default skill. After that, I dunno. Whatever skill being a MacGuffin requires?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I would think MED/SCI/ENG. If they refer to someone as a doctor in ST they usually mean a degree in medicine.

Tried to tell ya!
    She ought to have SCI because she's a recurring 5* in a mega-event an anthropologist. DIP, because that's a default skill. After that, I dunno. Whatever skill being a MacGuffin requires?

Indeed! I should have known - she exists and breathes.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ok.

I have 1 5 star cite. Does it go on a 4 star soji, a 4 star darth bashir, or a 4 star picard and number 1?

Hm.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I believe a case could be made for all of the following: Android, Civilian, Cyberneticist, Desperate, Physician (she's not a medical doctor, but did help with the removal of Borg implants), Romantic, Undercover Operative, Xenoanthropology.

Well, I was right on 50% of them. ;) I still think she should have the "Desperate" trait, though (and even though she didn't know she was one, right away, "Undercover Operative" fits, as well, imo).

But a couple of the traits she got are head-scratchers. I guess that merely thinking you're human is enough to get you that trait now. And I am at a loss to figure out what "Counselor" has to do with anything she did — or was.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    And I am at a loss to figure out what "Counselor" has to do with anything she did — or was.

Probably it's because of her work with the XBs; specifically with helping them after the removal of their implants. It's more implied she does the work, as we don't see much of it (unless upsetting the Romulan woman can be considered counseling).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    how many VIP points does the double the crew Soji give?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting in that I just looked and it doesn’t say in the offer. Going by the dilithium store it’s 1000 for a $20 purchase so I’m hiking to guess close to that? Perhaps 1250? But I’ve also seen some on the forum say there are times where that varies so I can’t say that with a ton of confidence.

• Options

I can't remember if it's 1,250 or 1,500
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried to tell ya!

Indeed! I should have known - she exists and breathes.

Them's the criteria!