Home The Bridge
Options

Medic Reno

Comments

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had enough dil for one shot at her. Mudd and a begold...
    2y8ux5n9kb37.png
    Took a sixth star on Braxton.

I guess you've got enough arena boomsticks that Garak was superfluous?
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Did two pulls got Mudd and Tmir, I had both immortalized. Oh well was worth a shot. Was hoping for Reno or McCoy. Que sera sera
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is from Captain Idol's spreadsheet, and the man himself on the discord server
    Medic Reno
    Legendary
    MED: #11
    ENG: #52
    Voyage Rank: #28
    MED/ENG Voyage Pair Rank: #1
    MED/ENG Shuttle Pair Rank: #2
    MED/ENG/SCI: #1
    Gauntlet Pair(s): ENG/MED #4
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out her traits too; they're Stranded Quark level solid for voyages. She's likely to be a great addition to almost any crew.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Check out her traits too; they're Stranded Quark level solid for voyages. She's likely to be a great addition to almost any crew.

Yep if you can get her and then immortalize her.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    2y8ux5n9kb37.png

Aye.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    2y8ux5n9kb37.png

Aye.

Good call. I recently chose a duplicate of Interfaced La Forge in a similar situation with two meh options. Not that Mirror Data and that Garak are super meh, but they're no Braxton.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    2y8ux5n9kb37.png

Aye.

Good call. I recently chose a duplicate of Interfaced La Forge in a similar situation with two meh options. Not that Mirror Data and that Garak are super meh, but they're no Braxton.

I guess now it's a matter of "Is Braxton a Medic Reno?"

I have no idea, seriously. Those Gauntlet/Voyage/Shuttle Ratings use too many Maths!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    2y8ux5n9kb37.png

Aye.

I have no idea, seriously. Those Gauntlet/Voyage/Shuttle Ratings use too many Maths!!!!!

Braxton does have the highest voyage score of anyone but his skills are more common.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    2y8ux5n9kb37.png

Aye.

Braxton does have the highest voyage score of anyone but his skills are more common.

That’s true. I had a hard time deciding. But I needed another com/eng for voyages more than sec/eng or eng/sec, so Braxton was hard to pass on.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got her on my 2nd pull. Schwing!
  • Options
    Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Anybody else disappointed she isn't med/eng/dip with the diplomat trait? She is always formal, proper, and polite with her superiors being very diplomatic with her usage of 'Sir'.
  • Options
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Anybody else disappointed she isn't med/eng/dip? She is always formal, proper, and polite with her superiors being very diplomatic with her usage of 'Sir'.

I was actually hoping for Security tertiary. What with the decapitater booby traps on her ship.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else disappointed she isn't med/eng/dip? She is always formal, proper, and polite with her superiors being very diplomatic with her usage of 'Sir'.

I was actually hoping for Security tertiary. What with the decapitater booby traps on her ship.

I would have been okay with SCI or SEC, both make sense. But uh, I gotta say...”diplomatic” is not a word I would use to describe Jett Reno. :) It’s why she is one of my two favorite Disco characters.
  • Options

I would have been okay with SCI or SEC, both make sense. But uh, I gotta say...”diplomatic” is not a word I would use to describe Jett Reno. :) It’s why she is one of my two favorite Disco characters.

I'm 98% that the "Diplomacy" was tongue in cheek........
  • Options
    2y8ux5n9kb37.png

Aye.

That’s true. I had a hard time deciding. But I needed another com/eng for voyages more than sec/eng or eng/sec, so Braxton was hard to pass on.

You never lose when you pick someone you need.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Did 7 packs and got my Medic Reno! Cant wait to get her immortalized when I get all my duplicators refreshed!
  • Options
    Drop percentage is abysmal.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Absolute pants.

These packs should be illegal.

Burnt through all my dilithium and only pulled three O'Brien's, three T'Mirs and a Mudd which I have all immortalised. Not even a substantial amount of honour for all that dilithium.

TP really need to think through why established players would want to spend to purchase these junk packs.

Oh, but at least they gave us two free supply kits to add to the other 35 we had knocking around. :Roll:
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolute pants.

Burnt through all my dilithium and only pulled three O'Brien's, three T'Mirs and a Mudd which I have all immortalised. Not even a substantial amount of honour for all that dilithium.

TP really need to think through why established players would want to spend to purchase these junk packs.

Oh, but at least they gave us two free supply kits to add to the other 35 we had knocking around. :Roll:

In my experience it has taken me an average of 25k dilithium to get one copy of the new 5* crew. It could be a case that I am unfortunate when it comes to these. Again, that is just my experience.

• Options
    this is from Captain Idol's spreadsheet, and the man himself on the discord server
    Medic Reno
    Legendary

Yeesh, she comes in at #4 in ENG/MED Gauntlet with her middling numbers? I should really do an updated version of my post on ENG proficiencies.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I bought MANY of these. I ended up with about 3,000,000 Mudds, 2,000,000 O'Briens, 1,750,000 T'Mirs, 3 Chakotays, 3 Torpedo McCoys, and 1 Medic Reno.

The good news is that before this pack Torpedo McCoy was my current citation project and thanks to these pulls I got him immortalized, and thanks to almost a full week of Eng/Med voyages (yes, I was resetting) I moved Chakotay up to the second spot on my citation list, and with these pulls I got him immortalized too, so I can just place Medic Reno all alone on the citation altar, feed her the citation I'll be getting soon with the nearly 50,000 Honor I got from the packs and the citation I'm getting from the campaign in a few days, and get her to 3/5 almost immediately. It is good to have a project.

The drop rate for Reno, at least for me, was appalling low, but the pack was the perfect storm for me as I really wanted all 3 gold crew, so I'm content getting the lone copy. Grats to my squadmate @Proont for showing us how it's done with a single pull!
  • Options
    Medic Reno
    Legendary

Yeesh, she comes in at #4 in ENG/MED Gauntlet with her middling numbers? I should really do an updated version of my post on ENG proficiencies.

It’s not a surprise...for this pair there’s the Banjoman and then there’s everyone else. Leonardo gets an honorable mention because he does get some 65% crit bonuses, but the other secondary ENG/MED options are MED crew that don’t have ENG.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolute pants.

The assumption is 10% chance of the guaranteed 5*. You bought 7 packs. I wouldn't even expect a 5* with that many packs.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Absolute pants.

The assumption is 10% chance of the guaranteed 5*. You bought 7 packs. I wouldn't even expect a 5* with that many packs.

I guess I just don't understand exactly how much money one should expect be spending to get the dilithium in order to bag one of these 5*s. I presume Byloband was exaggerating slightly with his million numbers, but just how much dilithium/cash can one expect to stump up to be in with a shot at these cards?

As someone that is only missing a couple of 4* there is absolutely nothing of interest for me in these packs. Even when they do contain a new 4* all they seem to produce
    for me is the two 4*s that have been around for years.

I dipped my toe into the Tuesday Gamble pack market this week - despite promising not to do it again - so more fool me. But is that really TPs selling point? "Have a gamble, you know you'll be disappointed"?
  • Options
    Yikes was it expensive to get her. Purple after purple after purple before I broke down and spent the 6500 and was lucky to get a Reno. Funny thing was that the 18 purple packs I bought did have a couple other golds in Janeway, EV Suit Burnham, and Martian Quark.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Absolute pants.

I guess I just don't understand exactly how much money one should expect be spending to get the dilithium in order to bag one of these 5*s. I presume Byloband was exaggerating slightly with his million numbers, but just how much dilithium/cash can one expect to stump up to be in with a shot at these cards?

As someone that is only missing a couple of 4* there is absolutely nothing of interest for me in these packs. Even when they do contain a new 4* all they seem to produce

I dipped my toe into the Tuesday Gamble pack market this week - despite promising not to do it again - so more fool me. But is that really TPs selling point? "Have a gamble, you know you'll be disappointed"?

As I stated earlier, in the three times I have done it it has taken me an average of 25k dilithium to get one copy. So if you go by the basic dilithium store prices, at VIP14 that comes to about $234 for one star. Again, I add that this is MY experience. Others will be different. That is my disclaimer so others don’t start jumping all over my statement

• Options
    Absolute pants.

I remember doing the math on Tuesday packs a long time ago, and the conclusion I reached was that the 6500-dil pack is the smarter buy if you are going for one of the featured 5* crew. You sacrifice schematics (ohhhhh noooooo [/sarc]) and honor for a vastly increased chance of getting the 5* crew you want. This is nothing new, and as we’ve seen with some of the new offers/packs from TP, change isn’t always for the better.