Home The Bridge
Options

How many 5* cards have you frozen? (For real this time)

Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
This poll is motivated my own increasing difficulties in finding crew to freeze to enable thawing for events (ahem, such as an upcoming mega-event), but I also thought it might be independently interesting to get a snapshot from the forum users as yet another insight into how we all play the game.

Consider sharing how many crew slots you have in your replies since this could provide context for your freezing decisions.

How many 5* cards have you frozen? (For real this time) 104 votes

I don't even have a 5/5 card, and you're asking about freezing one?
3%
[RUS] Spok Nokenigma starlordCuttysarkSeptani Ainalrami 4 votes
None. Why would I ever freeze my roster workhorses? They'd never forgive me!
53%
[KM]VidemIvanstoneKaiteeNeos472Vaelerys TargaryenTopicalMidspeed~peregrine~Glenn Fiddich(HGH)ApolloOdo MarmarosacmdrworfCaptain Murphysexy_ladyTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Gib - Admiral MarinersLjofaIronagedaveDScottHewittShy Khan 56 votes
1-5. I'm not proud of it, but it had to be done.
15%
Warrior WilloWaldoMagZombie Squirrel Travis S McClain[QH] OxmyxCommander SinclairPhotonKimThurthorad[AR-UNI] General AbreDavideBooksCastell-NeathBylo Bandguest_488227145519104Fox Van VoxCarmen IbanezBhrian Bloodaxe 16 votes
6-10. It's just a smidge more than the previous option. Don't think badly of me.
2%
[SSR] GTMET[S47] ELiLPenguinJim 3 votes
11-20. Once you get used to it, it gets easier to just keep tossing them in there.
4%
Rocpile12345678 of 123456789Princess TristaDirk GundersonJohn Luck Pikkard 5 votes
21-40. You do realize there are a LOT of weaker cards, right?
3%
SSR BarkleyData1001Jim Raynor.|.KENT 4 votes
41+. How come this poll doesn't ask if I've frozen duplicate 5* cards?
10%
eXo | SilverRose (retired)GrumpferPaladin 27(10F)GeekgirlI will not blame the player for my mistakesSoupKitchen RikerFrank?Cranky (SC) ** AM **=GBP= Plain Simple GarakFi®3wall 11 votes
Other. Please elaborate since this is the kind of poll for which "other" really applies.
4%
RaraRacingPrime LorcaRen~MiT SanoaTrek1966 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have 300 slots, but 225 of them are filled with 5* cards. None of my 5/5 crew are vault-candidates at this time. Grand Nagus Rom and Will Scarlett are probably my "weakest" ones, but I use the Merriest Man regularly for daily shuttles and GNR still gets the occasional voyage. Before anyone asks, Minuet remains at 4/5 for me.

PS - Sorry for the multiple poll posts. Polls really need a preview button before they go live.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m tempted to start freezing some 2 skill crew like T’Kuvma and Degra.
  • Options
    355 slots, 42 frozen 5/5s.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I have 305 crew slots, 297 are filled with Legendary characters. Currently have three frozen, namely, The Founder, Minuet and Armus (dup). I have 109 immortalised Legendary characters and the pressure is building to freeze more.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    6-10. It's just a smidge more than the previous option. Don't think badly of me.
    Frozen four Armuses from Gauntlet, froze T'Kuvma for space a couple of months ago, and froze Garak, Elim Garak and Captain Nog recently as they had clearly been surpassed for voyages and are just waiting for an event.

Kol and Bellshir are on my shortlist to freeze in an emergency.

Those Armuses really skew my stats here - they just don't stop coming! Two more dropped from Gauntlet this week! TIME FOR A NEW GAUNTLET LEGO, TP!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    11-20. Once you get used to it, it gets easier to just keep tossing them in there.
    The list ended up being longer than I thought...and, not surprisingly, there are a lot of two-skill crew on it:

Mirror Kirk
    T’Kuvma
    Minuet
    1701 Sisko
    Grand Nagus Rom

Mariachi Q
    Mobile Doctor
    Frank Hollander
    Gloria
    Honey Bare

Katrine
    Kortar
    Thrax
    Commander Troi
    Armus #1

Orion Vina
    Senator Vreenak
    EV Suit Seven
    Phoenix Cochrane

As for the 3-skill crew, I have enough DIP/ENG that I don’t need Grand Nagus Rom or Phoenix Cochrane, two Armii are unnecessary for the gauntlet, and the rest are just plain power creep victims.

With only 245 slots and an inescapable desire to collect all the 4* crew I can get (9 slots currently claimed by partially-fused 4* crew, plus another for an FF Indignant Seven so I can make some Cheesecake), I have to be judicious with who I keep out. And if I don’t use the likes of Gloria, Katrine, and Kortar on voyages using their primary skills - even during an event - then they are only useful as bonus crew in future events.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently froze Minuet and T'Kuvma, and that was weird with a beard. Despite their forum reputations as "worthless", I still used both semi-regularly deep into last year. I got nothin' but love for 'em.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    140 crew slot. I'm a long way off from having 5* cards that seem to be getting lazy.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. Please elaborate since this is the kind of poll for which "other" really applies.
    2 so far ...

Background
    Currently at 189/245 slots with a number being taken up by event crew and the Paris/Janeway combo ... not in a dire situation at all. Of the 189, 166 are 5*s at various fuse levels.

Frozen
    - Minuet was first - I just never really used her anymore, have never used her in the Gauntlet and her skill combo is over-represented on my crew. She was great for me at the time she was released and did a lot back then.

- Scientist Degra - my first 5* FE and had been the backbone of my crew for a long time. Not being used much anymore (outside of the odd shuttle) due to mega-event and campaign crew so I felt it time he could put his feet up after Forever as One (trait bonus).

--> So, I fit in category 1 ... but I am proud of it because it means that I've been able to develop my crew in a way that these two solid additions are now below average for me.
    Did it have to be done? No, not really, crew slots are plenty and sure they might be used for 1 or 2 shuttles a month ... but I felt it was time for some fresh faces.

Future
    I see myself almost instantly freezing any 2 skiller 5* in the future ... I've contemplated freezing little-used 3-skill crew ... but for the moment they are safe.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have 250 crew slots and most of them are occupied by legendaries and lv1 4/4 dupes of super-rares from events that I keep because I don't like to have free crew slots (it takes longer to airlock crew from voyages and packs) and because I like to have 15.000 potential additional honor ready at all times, in case I should need it.

The only legendary I would freeze if I happened to get a fifth star for her is Minuet. Other than that my useless 5* are all at 1/5* or 2/5* and there's no risk that they might be FF anytime soon :D
  • Options
    I don't even have a 5/5 card, and you're asking about freezing one?
    My cat's breath smells like cat food :)
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    None, Jazzy Odo is getting there (4/5) but not quite there yet. The Professor is also 4/5 but I will want him for this event in any case and he might still be useful for a voyage or two but he will probably be my second one I freeze where necessary.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently froze Minuet and T'Kuvma, and that was weird with a beard. Despite their forum reputations as "worthless", I still used both semi-regularly deep into last year. I got nothin' but love for 'em.

k

I have used my Immortalized EV Suit Seven an awful lot, considering so many people said she was useless wh n she was the Campaign Legendary, and I was wasting my $10.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a fair few immortal golds... But each one is useful to me. If I get round to citing up Beowulf Kim (which I might do for the collection), he may be the first in the freezer...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 3, but if needed i easily could freeze like 20+ more without doing any harm to my roster.

Yeah it still feels „wrong“ to me to freeze a 5*, no matter that i know the crew
    isn t doing any good. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to see an option of:
    1, but lots of people froze Minuet

I was going to pick the 1-5 option, but it said something about not being proud of it. I'm perfectly fine with freezing that on particular legendary. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Not quite there yet, but there are definitely candidates should I choose to.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    None but I would like to. I have nothing against Minuet as a card (not as a mega reward) since she's premium gauntlet material, I have far worse crew, the problem is they only have 1 to 3 stars and I'm never going to cite them. I have a dozen slots taken by awful cards such as smitten Picard, mirror Spock, Bride Jadzia or The Professor, and I'm not particularly happy about them but I levelled them up at some point because I had to to compete for an event or something. Ideally I'd like them gone now but dismissing lvl 100 crew is not realistic either so I'm stuck with them.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    None but I would like to. I have nothing against Minuet as a card (not as a mega reward) since she's premium gauntlet material, I have far worse crew, the problem is they only have 1 to 3 stars and I'm never going to cite them. I have a dozen slots taken by awful cards such as smitten Picard, mirror Spock, Bride Jadzia or The Professor, and I'm not particularly happy about them but I levelled them up at some point because I had to to compete for an event or something. Ideally I'd like them gone now but dismissing lvl 100 crew is not realistic either so I'm stuck with them.

Mirror Spock has arena and skirmish potential. I would keep him around in case you get a behold where adding a star is the best option. Not sure about those others.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ugh
  • Options
    I have 165 slots, Minuet and T’kuvma have found their way to the freezer
  • Options
    Minuet.
    Gun show picard
    Gloria

The rest of my 5 star cards are active
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done it yet but there are a few that may make their way there eventually. T'Kuvma and Degra see occasional shuttle use. I probably have a few 3 skill characters that aren't doing anything but I've been too lazy to check. I'm having trouble remembering the last time I used Dr Crane.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 240 slots, 217 are taken. There’s probably some 4* I could freeze but I haven’t had time to go through them.

All of my 5/5 are strong so no need to freeze them yet. I may airlock Tosk though.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have not frozen any of my 40 5/5s yet but not out of principal but because all of them still being useful, even Drunk Troi and EV Suit Seven. The latter will probably be the first visiting the freezer as SCI is quite overrepresented in my roster. With 310 crew slots I feel no urgent need to get rid of legendaries but would rather FE and freeze several of my around 60 4/4s I did nor care for yet. The upcoming Skimishes will help with that.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops...I realized an error in my count - Dr. Soong, thawed out for the mega event, is #20. And after looking hard at the DIP/SCI voyage that is coming back after a nice 10-hour run while LtC Jadzia sat on the bench, she might make #21 before too long.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Whoops misinterpreted the question. Answered wrong. Definitely don't have 40+ frozen. For some reason I thought immortalized lol.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Minuet was the first about a year ago. Just needed slot room, and she was pretty much useless by that point anyway.

Armus copy #2, then Caretaker copy #2

This week T'Kuvma went in to the freezer. I realized he hadn't been on shuttles for months, so... buh-bye!

Captain Pike and Laborer Spock are next on the chopping block if we don't get more slots soon.

Two skill crew being the "least helpful" are always to first to go.

290 slots – 248 Golds (Will be 250 this week with the Mega)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...