Home Ready Room
Options

You Can Only Keep Three (Timelines Edition)

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Ready Room
Imagine starting all over again, or make recommendations to players who are just starting out. From this pool, who's helpful enough that they deserve to be the three who make it into your starting-from-scratch crew?

41e7011ix5f4.jpg

(Screenshots taken from @izausome's STT Crew Cost Finder's Portal Simulator)

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For just the characters themselves, Doc La Forge, Bones, and Chakotay. For Timelines crew, I’ve historically gotten the most use out of probably Mayweather, Bashir, and Georgiou.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect Georgiou, Picard, and Bashir to come up most often in events, but someone here who keeps track may know better. If that is the Voyage-only McCoy, keep him.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Considering they are all 4* crew, I'm going to value them on if I like 'em and not on their usefulness in-game (as these crew have little use for me (now) based on their stats, even for events).

1. Georgiou - The best character to come out the recent Star Trek shows Discovery and Picard ... by a landslide ... once we get a 4* card for Rios, he'll be a close second.

2. McCoy.

3. Torn between Chakotay and Tucker ... will go Tucker because another version of him is my in-game avatar.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game selection: right down the middle - La Forge, Georgiou, and Paris. Good variants of all three.

Fan selection: La Forge, Picard, and Bashir. I like the duos of Data and La Forge and Bashir and O'Brien from those episodes. And Picard because I like that episode too.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Game selection: right down the middle - La Forge, Georgiou, and Paris. Good variants of all three.

I don't think that's Paris.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Georgiou and Galen. I could do without a third but for completion's sake... Bashir or maybe Trip.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Georgiou, Bashir, La Forge
  • Options
    All are frozen.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    All are frozen.

This was... unexpected. Like going to a pet store and asking for a TV.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    I'll take the honor and free slots thanks
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, y'all. I was distracted when I put this up and forgot to include the guidelines! Fixed that. The premise is to forget whatever crew you have right now, because obviously there are a lot of players who will just see Honor on this table. Imagine instead having to start all over again, back when even a 1/4 would be especially helpful.
  • Options
    No worries Travis ... my 3 1/4 choices from a gameplay perspective, in no particular order this time and with the assumption that I start today so do not have any of the mega-event legendaries and also that they are at lvl 1 so would have to level them too (why La Forge and Mayweather don't make the list):

- Galen - a Picard variant with SCI as the main skill so excellent for events; 3 skill (not the most common combo) with a good voyage score for a 1/4.

- Armed Georgiou - solid stats for both shuttles and voyages for a 1/4 ... assumed excellent use for future events ... will be replaced fairly soon by 5* crew but until I get them in and levelled up, would probably see daily use.

- Dr. McCoy - just for the fact that I then know I'd never have to pass the three dilemmas to get this voyage-only crew.

caveat ... if I enjoyed playing Gauntlet I'd go for Kira over McCoy.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I don't think that's Paris.

No wonder no one was picking him. :D
    Well... Chakotay is good for one thing... Replicating holoprograms and ancient films.

If that McCoy is voyage only, then please, don't waste the effort used to get him.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Forge, Bashir, Georgiou. All of them will be on voyages for some time and have a chance at being featured in an event.
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    La Forge, Bashir, Georgiou. All of them will be on voyages for some time and have a chance at being featured in an event.
    This.

Somethings to keep in mind: that La Forge is a pain to level up (he's super expensive). And this will be exacerbated because the account is new. Also, not as 100% sure about that Bashir as he is a 2 skiller. That said, he'll have a good arena evasion for a new player to use, at least at first. Last, that Geo is likely to be an event beast for many future events and has a 1k dip base (once she's immortalized and you have all stat boosts from collections).