Home The Bridge
Options

Enterprise ignored in Events

Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
I'm troubled by the recent release of three new Enterprise characters that are available only through packs.

Enterprise has been continuously ignored in events, with only 2 real main cast featured in the past calendar year (Captain T'Pol and Mirror Phlox), compared to over 20 for TNG. What's worse is that Captain Archer and Ensign Sato have NEVER been featured in an event.

The new characters were a perfect opportunity for an event that would bring in huge profits for DB, but instead they were put in packs that make them extremely difficult to FF.

I just don't understand the obvious hatred on DB's part. While Enterprise isn't the most popular show, many of us like it and deserve to see events with our favourite characters.

It was ludicrous that it took so long to get an extremely important character like Soval and Admiral Forrest is still waiting. It's unheard of for such important characters in other series to be so ignored. For God sales, we're getting a character that appeared for 5 seconds in Discovery this week. Perhaps the worst in all of STT.

We demand a Captain Archer event and some consistent representation of the series in other events. Even if it isn't your favourite series, the fans of the show deserve at least one.

/end rant

Comments

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Convict Archer:
    ENT66.jpg

20th Century Archer:
    320x240.jpg

Desert Archer:
    23276163925_a1487db2ae_b.jpg

Porthos Archer:
    3dc32366cc97f88b3563c7a02a90060b.jpg

Tortured Archer:
    latest?cb=20110208204930&path-prefix=en

• Options
    LChewyLChewy ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Agree that we should have had Soval much earlier, and keen for Forrester. ( Sonic Shower T'Pol too? :# )

But I think its quite logical to have Discovery Characters while the series is fresh and showing every week. I'm sure there will be questions if there WEREN'T any Discovery characters released. I'm patient enough to wait for ENT characters to be released in the season break of DIS.

I don't think DB hates ENT or us at all. And contrary to your opinion, I think people would spend less if new characters were always part of the events. I certainly would.

FYI, I do enjoy all ST series equally.
  • Options
    I do want more Enterprise
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

LChewy wrote: »
    Agree that we should have had Soval much earlier, and keen for Forrester. ( Sonic Shower T'Pol too? :# )

But I think its quite logical to have Discovery Characters while the series is fresh and showing every week. I'm sure there will be questions if there WEREN'T any Discovery characters released. I'm patient enough to wait for ENT characters to be released in the season break of DIS.

I don't think DB hates ENT or us at all. And contrary to your opinion, I think people would spend less if new characters were always part of the events. I certainly would.

FYI, I do enjoy all ST series equally.

I'm not sure where I said that, but I just want some new or existing Enterprise main cast characters every once in a while.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the worst of the series but should get at least a little love. Seems like DB focuses sometimes too much on the characters they like: janeway, riker, data, then doing a broad grouping.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    the thing is they focus on what sells. which rite now is the new series and then on the most popular caracters i.e. picard spock kirk janeway. after all they are a business. with that being said I'm a Scott bacula and will weaton fan so any archers or crusher deals I'd drop lots of money to get lol
  • Options
    Captn DurkCaptn Durk ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    the new series sells? really? Hard to imagine, as it is plain and simple **tsk tsk** with regards to any of the other series...I do have 2 crewslots left and STD chars are bound to be airlocked should that change...even rare or legendary ones...they stick out like a knife in my canon crewrosterbody

I wouldn´t mind having some more ENT chars as there are still some interesting ones left over...and since STD, it is no longer the worst series of them all...by far not the worst!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

Desert Archer:
    23276163925_a1487db2ae_b.jpg

I'll gladly take Desert Archer if the event or pack also includes Desert Trip and their art is them shirtless as they're playing that sand game. :p

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Then how about the new series crew?
    p1vw0grjfdwn.jpg

• Options
    nope...you can keep them too...I hate those movies and their non canon BS
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbv6fyuuvx3z.jpg
    Decon chamber Tpol 5*
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind Porthos having his own card.

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deb. wrote: »

Porthos should be the two year anniversary avatar. (Just got my alfa :) )
  • Options
    I think licensing play a bigger part in this, they have to license each character they release individually as I understand it. Which is why the new trek movies are missing, they can't afford them. Maybe there is an issue with enterprise license? Or they just hate that series?
  • Options
    I'm sure DB don't "hate" Enterprise, but you have to be objective here. Whatever you think of it personally, it is the least successful Trek series and the least well-known overall. "Characters" from that show just won't sell as much as versions of Spock, Kirk, Picard, and others that have become household names and part of pop culture, even for people who have never watched a Trek episode in their life.

Yes, obviously there are always going to be some people who like or even prefer Enterprise, but no matter how vocal they are on here or elsewhere, it won't change the fact that the vast majority of people would likely prefer something else.

Thus, I think putting characters in a pack like they did is absolutely the way to go. That way, people that really want them can get them, without them taking up room in an event (although I'm really not looking forward to seeing walls of Phlox every gauntlet from now on - as if we didn't have enough of that already).

(And yes, I agree that the 5-second Discovery Klingon is a very poor choice for an event character, but this is an exception rather than the rule).
  • Options
    I'm entirely in favor of shining a light on ENT in future events, and in particular on Archer and Sato. (I still need stars on my Mirror versions of both of them, hint, hint.) I also still want the Captain Archer that we've seen in-game (you know, the one we have to kill in a space battle) to finally be released as a playable character.

I'm also down with Porthos being the second anniversary avatar! That'd be neat.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I'm a dog person, but I'd still vote for Spot over Porthos.
  • Options
    I agree with OP. Enterprise had its flaws but I liked it anyway. I think they should have put the cards in events. I realize it was an unpopular shoe, so just do it every couple months.

Personally it feels like DB doesn’t have things planned out. Pretty sure the first Picard event was a long wait.

How about a smooth thought out flow to events. Make frequency based on most popular. TOS, TNG, and DS9 most often? Then rotate within characters with in the series. Where’s Scotty? Can’t tell me that makes a lot of sense.

Final thought: Thanks DB for the sec/com Klingon. There aren’t enough of those in the game.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »

Spot before Porthos
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

Spot for Three Year Anniversary Avatar :)

• Options
    The more I see Enterprise the more I like it. The first season is by far utterly horrible to watch, but everything after is not too bad.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated it when it aired rewatching it now I like it. Phlox, Tpol, Tucker and Sato are underrated still not warming to Archer though
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    I agree with OP. Enterprise had its flaws but I liked it anyway. I think they should have put the cards in events. I realize it was an unpopular shoe, so just do it every couple months.

Personally it feels like DB doesn’t have things planned out. Pretty sure the first Picard event was a long wait.

How about a smooth thought out flow to events. Make frequency based on most popular. TOS, TNG, and DS9 most often? Then rotate within characters with in the series. Where’s Scotty? Can’t tell me that makes a lot of sense.

Final thought: Thanks DB for the sec/com Klingon. There aren’t enough of those in the game.

We did have events in 2016 with ENT characters as event crew. Mirror Tucker in Prime Directive and Unlikely Heroes, Second Act had Suliban Reed, The Akritirian Job had Rure Penthe Reed and Family Tree had Mirror T'Pol.

Now in 2017, there was T'Mir in Retrograde, Guiding Principles had Captain T'Pol and Zero Hour had Mirror Phlox, (so three rather than the OP's two)

So one more in 2017 and you've got the same representation as in 2016, albeit a definitely smaller than the other shows other than TAS. (Discovery has more event characters but only did have 4, now 5 events)

I would say, also that with the polling that I've seen from the user base here, I'm not actually surprised that the representation is at the proportion that it is. TNG and DS9 consistently poll higher at least on both old and new forums compared to ENT when folks are asked what their favorite series is. Now you can argue that that isn't representative of the playerbase as a whole, of which I'd just ask DB to release their own polling data (I know they've asked questions along the same lines a time or two, esp around the discovery release.) to see if that jives with their numbers. Their actions tell me that there's a better than 40% chance that that is the case.

So if you want more ENT, though, I think doing what y'all are doing : speaking up and saying so is the best bet, especially in the Most Wanted Crew and Ships thread. (which has a lot more non-ENT than ENT in it these days.)

Travis old thread about what characters have never had an event seemed to have had a strong effect on DB in early 2017. We saw Jake Sisko, Wesley and characters that were main cast have their own presence in events. I think resurrecting that on this forum would be a very good step with the representation numbers of who has been used, how often and who hasn't. To show the data would also be a very good step in getting what you want. I think it would push them a little to get Scotty an event as well. (Probably end up with a Kes event finally as well.). (And no I'm not saying it has to be you, Travis, I'm complimenting the job you did do, and saying someone should go do the same thing.)

Here's a link to the old thread:

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/58165/

Started in December of 2016 and kept up through August of 2017

And I say this, really not being a fan of Enterprise, but wanting folks here to have a better satisfaction with the game and hopefully continue to have fun with it. It might also help the Discovery folks with some of their needs and wants as well, such as that Doc some folks are pining for.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral Forrest is hopefully next and then Captain Hernandez and Commander A. G. Robinson ... two nice ETP characters.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

We did have events in 2016 with ENT characters as event crew. Mirror Tucker in Prime Directive and Unlikely Heroes, Second Act had Suliban Reed, The Akritirian Job had Rure Penthe Reed and Family Tree had Mirror T'Pol.

Now in 2017, there was T'Mir in Retrograde, Guiding Principles had Captain T'Pol and Zero Hour had Mirror Phlox, (so three rather than the OP's two)

So one more in 2017 and you've got the same representation as in 2016, albeit a definitely smaller than the other shows other than TAS. (Discovery has more event characters but only did have 4, now 5 events)

I would say, also that with the polling that I've seen from the user base here, I'm not actually surprised that the representation is at the proportion that it is. TNG and DS9 consistently poll higher at least on both old and new forums compared to ENT when folks are asked what their favorite series is. Now you can argue that that isn't representative of the playerbase as a whole, of which I'd just ask DB to release their own polling data (I know they've asked questions along the same lines a time or two, esp around the discovery release.) to see if that jives with their numbers. Their actions tell me that there's a better than 40% chance that that is the case.

So if you want more ENT, though, I think doing what y'all are doing : speaking up and saying so is the best bet, especially in the Most Wanted Crew and Ships thread. (which has a lot more non-ENT than ENT in it these days.)

Travis old thread about what characters have never had an event seemed to have had a strong effect on DB in early 2017. We saw Jake Sisko, Wesley and characters that were main cast have their own presence in events. I think resurrecting that on this forum would be a very good step with the representation numbers of who has been used, how often and who hasn't. To show the data would also be a very good step in getting what you want. I think it would push them a little to get Scotty an event as well. (Probably end up with a Kes event finally as well.). (And no I'm not saying it has to be you, Travis, I'm complimenting the job you did do, and saying someone should go do the same thing.)

And I say this, really not being a fan of Enterprise, but wanting folks here to have a better satisfaction with the game and hopefully continue to have fun with it. It might also help the Discovery folks with some of their needs and wants as well, such as that Doc some folks are pining for.

T'Mir isn't T'Pol. It wasn't an oversight on my part, perhaps just a different interpretation.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Grant77 wrote: »

T'Mir isn't T'Pol. It wasn't an oversight on my part, perhaps just a different interpretation.

T'Mir isn't T'Pol, but she is Enterprise, unless she somehow got retconned into that Starling ep of Voyager, making her one of three Enterprise characters to be event crew.