Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines Talks IS BACK!

Comments

• Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It showed up on my Google Podcasts today!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    It showed up on my Google Podcasts today!

Thank you! I just went in to check and I also found it. I subscribed while I was there. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Finally caught up on the episodes and have time to respond between skirmishes. Great shows again! Thanks for making time to answer my questions. I enjoyed your thoughts and totally agree with the BS/AS honor sentiment. Knowing that the next Convergence Day will mark 5 years of STT really has me leaning towards hoarding. Like Stars, I definitely struggle with airlocking crew that I get, so it was cool to get his take on slots. I also enjoyed your art critique. I hadn't given much thought to the importance of how evocative a particular card is before, thanks for bringing that up.

Looking forward to next week!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally caught up on the episodes and have time to respond between skirmishes. Great shows again! Thanks for making time to answer my questions. I enjoyed your thoughts and totally agree with the BS/AS honor sentiment. Knowing that the next Convergence Day will mark 5 years of STT really has me leaning towards hoarding. Like Stars, I definitely struggle with airlocking crew that I get, so it was cool to get his take on slots. I also enjoyed your art critique. I hadn't given much thought to the importance of how evocative a particular card is before, thanks for bringing that up.

Looking forward to next week!

We still have more questions from you to answer! Anyone else that has a question for the show DM me or email TimelinesTalks@gmail.com
  • Options
    Let's hope WRG gets the hint to try first half of that, but leaves out any bugs!

You realize you left them open to say "it's a feature"?
  • Options
    Also, just found it on Google Podcasts!
  • Options
    I was listening in my car on the way to run an errand. I listened to the rest yesterday. Glad Stars got my message about Bridge Officer Troi. I was afraid I was way too late and he wouldn't see it. I don't think Stars gets on the forum, but thanks all the same for interrupting the show to read that. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
  • Options
    Great show, as always.

How about this for next week?
    z7tyoeoji18h.jpg

His voyage traits are tops.
    3s ship ability rocks with new auto feature.
    Hologram + Sisko (already mentioned in BBBA)
    Rare skill combo (also mentioned in BBBA)
    Our Man Bashir collection

There's a skirmish phase next week, so this is fairly relevant, imo.

Admittedly, his ship ability loses a little effectiveness without Polywater Yar or Locutus. But that makes the card special. Noah gets that voyage work in the early game, then a some skirmish work in the mid-to-late game, after you've done your 20k Gauntlet rounds for Locutus. And all the while, he racks up those Sisko and hologram events.

Personally, I think he's tier 2 material. But... Not everyone has my same priorities. I think the new auto feature justifies moving him up to tier 3, though. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ugh, the “tiers” just bring me to ...

(rim-shot)

I love their effort & consider them friends, but I do not go by tiers. Instead, I heed @Automaton_2000 ’s advice that my crew is my own, to fill as I see fit via VOR.

Spreadsheets with nacelles.
    Nolo contendere
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Tiers get some airtime; the players who started this show all work with that resource in some capacity and it's actually the most frequently asked about topic to be discussed on air.

But, of course, it's not everyone's cup of tea and I personally didn't want to discuss the BB much at all when we started Timelines Talks. You may notice our behold choices from the last episode had nothing to do with tiers. That's not a 'metric' that we usually ever consult for our own choices, they're primarily a 'bowling bumper' to make sure new players don't make decisions they'll seriously regret.

It is what it is and we'll try to continue to toe that line.

That may be a moot point depending on how WRG handles the offer wall situation. None of us are happy with how things have unfolded so far. The future of the BB, Timelines Talks, and our accounts will depend on how the offer wall and data privacy is handled moving forward.

The tier thing was more of an afterthought. The point was more about Noah Hippocrates being more valuable in the age of auto mode, and with a skirmish around the corner.

I understand that you're not going to re-tier all crew in the Big Book. I've just gotten a lot of mileage out of an old SR and thought this might be an interesting platform to share.

I hope you don't lose enthusiasm in the game because of data that Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Twitter, and a dozen other companies probably already sold a few years ago. I'm glad the community is keeping the devs honest and all. But I would like to give the devs a day or two to work things out on their end. Yes, the roll-out could have been better. If they weren't listening to us and working on it, them it would be a huge problem. I would like to see things calm down for a couple days, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Tiers get some airtime; the players who started this show all work with that resource in some capacity and it's actually the most frequently asked about topic to be discussed on air.

But, of course, it's not everyone's cup of tea and I personally didn't want to discuss the BB much at all when we started Timelines Talks. You may notice our behold choices from the last episode had nothing to do with tiers. That's not a 'metric' that we usually ever consult for our own choices, they're primarily a 'bowling bumper' to make sure new players don't make decisions they'll seriously regret.

That may be a moot point depending on how WRG handles the offer wall situation. None of us are happy with how things have unfolded so far. The future of the BB, Timelines Talks, and our accounts will depend on how the offer wall and data privacy is handled moving forward.

The tier thing was more of an afterthought. The point was more about Noah Hippocrates being more valuable in the age of auto mode, and with a skirmish around the corner.

I understand that you're not going to re-tier all crew in the Big Book. I've just gotten a lot of mileage out of an old SR and thought this might be an interesting platform to share.

I hope you don't lose enthusiasm in the game because of data that Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Twitter, and a dozen other companies probably already sold a few years ago. I'm glad the community is keeping the devs honest and all. But I would like to give the devs a day or two to work things out on their end. Yes, the roll-out could have been better. If they weren't listening to us and working on it, them it would be a huge problem. I would like to see things calm down for a couple days, though.

This is an issue until we get a statement clarifying what is going on. Until then I am not participating in the game.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Automaton_2000 you had me dying with the Resolutions recap.

Great pod as always, gents. I hope it continues.
  • Options

Throughout the whole thing I had never needed a wee more in my life, but I had to wait for my piano cue (and the other cues I missed)
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's funny, I have a older neighbor who refuses to use Google for searching because he doesn't want them to have his data, but he uploads family videos on his Google account and is surrounded by technology all day.

I have a Huawei phone so plenty of people already have my data. I take issue with how buggy and abusable the offer wall apparently is. My friend, Captain Idol (and others), takes issue with the data handling and I support looking at issues that concern my friends. That's the thing, there are many problems with the system right now.

Ben coming on the show and being as open as he was with us (on and off stream) made me very enthusiastic about the game and its future. A scummy, buggy addition to the game is doing the opposite. I don't want to play (or support) a game that makes me feel bad for doing so.

We will be on the air next Wednesday to discuss it either way (and probably get tanked), but the forum is the place to make our voices known, preferably before it's too late. Sorry to make this yet another offer wall thread. Of course we want to hit subjects and questions that the viewers want. We'll talk Hippocrates Noah from top to bottom :smiley:

Haha, thanks. I couldn't even finish watching the replay towards the end, but I think some people enjoy cringe-watching stuff.
  • Options
    We will be on the air next Wednesday to discuss it either way (and probably get tanked), but the forum is the place to make our voices known, preferably before it's too late. Sorry to make this yet another offer wall thread. Of course we want to hit subjects and questions that the viewers want. We'll talk Hippocrates Noah from top to bottom :smiley:

Thank you for at least doing one more show. And you don't have to do Noah. It could be someone who you think may be even more underrated. Noah is just a personal favorite of mine. I would be just as interested to see if you (as in any host or guest) could pick someone even better. In my case, I would have to find someone who does what Hippocrates does even better before I put him back in the freezer. Do you guys have someone like that? Someone who fills that one role that keeps them out of the freezer? Someone who other players probably overlook? You did something similar in an episode, but I think you stuck to legendaries who others might not cite up. Sorry if I'm not remembering that right. But the auto mode in skirmishes came along since that episode, I think, so maybe it's ok to revisit. :)

Thanks again for doing the stream and getting the community involved. I love that!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    So this week we are looking for any community comments or statements or thoughts you have on the Offer Wall that we can address on the show this week. Please DM me here or on the Timelines Discord. or email it to TimelinesTalks@gmail.com We will try to keep it mostly unfiltered. If you wish to remain anonymous with your reply please let us know in the message too.
    We will be addressing it on the show as the major talking point (pretty much the only point this week) along with our own concerns on the matter.
    Look, this might be our last episode. We didn't want to clickbait you about that, because it's a serious issue to us and it's hard to just go on producing positive, fun content with something like that hanging over our heads. This maybe our final stream, it might not depending on how things go in response. In any case I'm opening all my packs, spending all my merits, losing my dilithium as either a farewell to the game or just a piece of entertainment.
    I hope to see some interesting comments about the Offer Wall and we hope to air the communities concerns.

I’d be much more entertaining to hack StarsAndGarters and use all his stuff up. 🤣🤣

Just thinking out loud, and it’s their own fault for not doing due diligence if it is the case, but I wonder if TP didn’t realize the potential here for data leakage or the like. I’m by no means an IT guy and most of what I know I’ve learned here, but even in my business (banking) we’ve been sold one thing by a vendor and it turns out not to quite be as described.

Anyways, I hope this gets worked out because you guys do a great job.
  • Options
    So this week we are looking for any community comments or statements or thoughts you have on the Offer Wall that we can address on the show this week. Please DM me here or on the Timelines Discord. or email it to TimelinesTalks@gmail.com We will try to keep it mostly unfiltered. If you wish to remain anonymous with your reply please let us know in the message too.
    We will be addressing it on the show as the major talking point (pretty much the only point this week) along with our own concerns on the matter.
    Look, this might be our last episode. We didn't want to clickbait you about that, because it's a serious issue to us and it's hard to just go on producing positive, fun content with something like that hanging over our heads. This maybe our final stream, it might not depending on how things go in response. In any case I'm opening all my packs, spending all my merits, losing my dilithium as either a farewell to the game or just a piece of entertainment.
    I hope to see some interesting comments about the Offer Wall and we hope to air the communities concerns.

I’d be much more entertaining to hack StarsAndGarters and use all his stuff up. 🤣🤣

Just thinking out loud, and it’s their own fault for not doing due diligence if it is the case, but I wonder if TP didn’t realize the potential here for data leakage or the like. I’m by no means an IT guy and most of what I know I’ve learned here, but even in my business (banking) we’ve been sold one thing by a vendor and it turns out not to quite be as described.

Anyways, I hope this gets worked out because you guys do a great job.

Us too :/
  • Options
    I’m by no means an IT guy and most of what I know I’ve learned here, but even in my business (banking) we’ve been sold one thing by a vendor and it turns out not to quite be as described.

I am an IT guy - it doesn't help much. Unless the product is open source (where people can go in and see what exactly it's trying to do) or it's a company with a solid and known reputation, some sales rep can sneak something past. And even the sales rep might not know what's going on - they may be just as clueless.
  • Options
    Sad face.
  • Options
    Damn - just barely got you guys on teh Google too :'(
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final show tomorrow night usual time. There might be drinking, there will be lamenting, pack opening, merit pulling, beholdinator rating and maybe some Tiering of Simpsons characters. I may even end on a song...

I respect y’all so much. 👍
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I don't suppose Plain SimpleGarak will be on so we can finally "meet" them? ;-D

In all seriousness, I love you guys and what you have done for the community. I will miss this show (and the BBoBA). I wish you all the best.

Live Long and Prosper.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

In all seriousness, I love you guys and what you have done for the community. I will miss this show (and the BBoBA). I wish you all the best.

Live Long and Prosper.

Sorry, I am on the US East Coast and at work when the show is on.
  • Options

Live Long and Prosper.

C'est la vi.

=D
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

Live Long and Prosper.

C'est la vi.

=D

I'm in a similar situation, but serendipitous events let me be on the last two weeks. I'll not be able to take part tomorrow either, sadly.
  • Options

Live Long and Prosper.

Aw, c'mon - what's more important? You can't disappoint your fans.