Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines Talks IS BACK!

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I'd like to know why the only communication we get from WRG on upcoming issues comes in the form of this stream. It's wildly inappropriate, imo.

Lots of devs do interviews with fan sites and forums. Is it weird that this is the only way we seem to get info, very much yes. But inappropriate seems a tad strong, IMO.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's why I said IMO but I stand by it.

I think it's insanely inappropriate that the only news about things BIG THINGS like new honor hall crew came from an interview on a fan stream. If that's not "inappropriate" - it's certainly stupid. They could at least put out a summary or release of what Ben talked about instead of forcing you to watch this.

I have zero desire to have to sit through a fan talk show to learn about the game I'm playing. WRG should be communicating big updates directly to all players instead of forcing you to watch an unofficial stream. It's not some fun or cute thing. It's a major breakdown in communication.

I think that's fair. A summary after the fact would be very nice. I enjoyed their conversation last time, but it was tough to find the time to sit down and watch the whole thing. The little tidbits were interesting, and if you want them you can listen to the whole thing, but at least a summary of the new stuff would be great. Thanks @Shan for being willing to take that on :)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Editing my accidental double post into a question:

I'd love to hear about any plans they have to integrate Lower Decks characters into the game. Should we expect modified artwork ala TAS characters, or will they try to preserve the style of the show? Will we get a full LDS mega in October, or will they be trickled out?
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Editing my accidental double post into a question:

I'd love to hear about any plans they have to integrate Lower Decks characters into the game. Should we expect modified artwork ala TAS characters, or will they try to preserve the style of the show? Will we get a full LDS mega in October, or will they be trickled out?

Any questions please send in a message, just helps me keep organised and not miss anything. Cheers
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the conclusion from today’s stream is we want more expeditions. 👍
  • Options
    So the conclusion from today’s stream is we want more expeditions. 👍

That's a crime, you've committed a crime.
    Thanks all that came to the stream. Will be up on YouTube soon! Next week we'll be giving citation advice so send us your rosters, questions and pondering on who to cite up!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Anyone looking to submit citation quandaries for next week's show, you can include roster context very easily via Datacore.app

Head there and click 'Player tools' on the top. Follow the instructions on that screen and then click the green 'Share your profile' button to generate a link that helps both you and us break down your roster and see where the greatest improvements can be made.

edit: Youtube vods will have topics timestamped the next day going forward.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone looking to submit citation quandaries for next week's show, you can include roster context very easily via Datacore.app

Head there and click 'Player tools' on the top. Follow the instructions on that screen and then click the green 'Share your profile' button to generate a link that helps both you and us break down your roster and see where the greatest improvements can be made.

Stupid question: If “Share (my) profile” for the above-stated purpose, can anyone see my DBID?

Thanks to all of y’all for your community building. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Stupid question: If “Share (my) profile” for the above-stated purpose, can anyone see my DBID?

Thanks to all of y’all for your community building. 🖖

Well yes, your DBID is in the link's url. Alternatively you can send us a link to Idol's Datacore analysis sheet or screenshots of your top/FF crew works too if you want to give more roster context.
  • Options
    Deadline is tomorrow for all questions for Ben on the 2nd September so get them in. Send via DM here, or on Discord or to TimelinesTalks@gmail.com

Thanks.
  • Options
    Questions are closed now. Join us this week for our special Cite advice show and then the following week, interview time!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Questions are closed now. Join us this week for our special Cite advice show and then the following week, interview time!

Aw, snap, @[10F] Captain Idol . I was going to submit a screenshot. Oh, well, c'est la vie. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    This weeks show! Apologies in advance, something funky went on with our audio this week and we were about a tone detuned for some reason. So I had to pitch it back up! Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-sehumCm8&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    This weeks show! Apologies in advance, something funky went on with our audio this week and we were about a tone detuned for some reason. So I had to pitch it back up! Enjoy

Yeah, the audio pops and choppy frames in the recording indicates from the source, not twitch. Maybe you need a better computer :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Barry White edition.
  • Options

Yeah, the audio pops and choppy frames in the recording indicates from the source, not twitch. Maybe you need a better computer :D

Well, despite the other 11 episodes going (relatively) fine this week it decided to do this for no real reason whatsoever. Time for a rebuild I think...after next week...
  • Options
    The Barry White edition.

You'll never find...another show like mine
    Someone who rants about crew the way I do

• Options
    The Barry White edition.

You'll never find...another show like mine
    Someone who rants about crew the way I do

I could post a Chef gif, but I will spare you. 🖖
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a fun stream, even though I couldn't be in chat for long, but the community is meowsome!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    @Automaton_2000, I got Loque'que Sato on a straight drop of her for the 1*, then pathetically enough got her in 4 begold where she was actually the best option.
  • Options
    @Automaton_2000, I got Loque'que Sato on a straight drop of her for the 1*, then pathetically enough got her in 4 begold where she was actually the best option.

May she carry you to vanity collection glory 🖖
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

May she carry you to vanity collection glory 🖖

Not sure what exactly the odds are of getting 4 begolds where she was the best choice. :smile:
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    TL;DR
    @Automaton_2000 thanks for reviewing our crews! I thought I would take a moment to give you some feedback on what you said and tell you what my plans are (at least for now.) The most memorable moment was your discussion of my “Wasteland of Kirks” and how that demonstrated to you my lack of interest in Faction events. I won’t dispute that assertion (I generally target 350-400k VP except in Skirmishes,) although I think it is more a symptom of my overwhelming focus on Voyages. You’ve opened my eyes to the fact that I have potentially been focusing on Voyages to the detriment of other aspects of the game, namely strong bases and faction Events. You mentioned Professor Sato, who was @ 4/5 when I sent you my link. As fate would have it, she dropped in a merit pull over the weekend and now is happily immortalized at the top of my Diplomacy Base crew. It was also interesting how often Niners Ezri kept popping up as a suggestion for the crew cites.

Now on to my plan, first off Medic Reno is now Immortalized. Now that my cites are gone, who’s next? I’ve flagged my next 3 projects as Van Gogh, Niners Ezri, and Wrathful Kirk. Based on your love for Ezri, and her event potential, she’s next. After her, it’s a toss-up for me. While I’m leaning towards Van Gogh since he’s not in the portal, Wrathful Kirk would help more with events so he will be next and I'll save Doc for the (anticipated) Convergence Day sale. I'll also make my Lvl 1 Kirks my next levelling projects.

Thanks again!!

And thanks to @[10F] Captain Idol for leading the stream and building spreadsheet!! Oh and making the great citation lineups!!
  • Options
    Great show, y’all. Thank you. 🖖