Home The Bridge

New Star Trek Series - Star Trek: New Worlds = New Cards

2»

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be cool now if the powers that be decide to do a massive crossover of DSC, PIC and SNW in a 3 part episode, similar to the WB's Crisis on Infinite Earths? Ironically, they could call the 3 part mini-series "Star Trek: Timelines"!

Discovery is far in the future and staying there to preserve canon. Picard and SNW are 1-2 centuries apart too. I'd rather not have a contrived time travel story to deal with that.

Theoretically Section 31 and SNW take place at the same time. I'd be happy to see a crossover there. Especially with SNW being episodic, it can handle a crossover without disrupting the story like it would in a serialized story.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Wouldn't it be cool now if the powers that be decide to do a massive crossover of DSC, PIC and SNW in a 3 part episode, similar to the WB's Crisis on Infinite Earths? Ironically, they could call the 3 part mini-series "Star Trek: Timelines"!

To be honest, I have zero interest whatsoever. Some crossovers work really well. I think my favorite remains NBC's "Hurricane Saturday", which stranded characters from Empty Nest, The Golden Girls, and Nurses with one another during a hurricane in Miami. More often, though, I've been disappointed because they just felt like what they were: Contrived pretexts for putting different toys in the sandbox. Would I watch a CBS Trek crossover? Of course. Might it be the bee's knees? Yep, and I would cross my fingers that it would. But, as I said, I have no enthusiasm and would just as soon they didn't.

j81nhsycaq3p.png

Essentially the TNG All Good Things was a crossover format except they only took from TNG at different times.

j4tbc30icsdc.jpeg

I think a crossover would be much like that except with different series instead of just TNG.

qg632484qn6x.jpeg

Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As excited as I am about SNW, it's still likely a couple years away.

We know Discovery Season 3 is coming soon. Picard Season 2 is in the works and is well ahead of SNW. Section 31 is still hanging out there. It was supposed to start filming after Discovery 3, but is likely delayed right now. Either way, it's ahead of SNW.

I'm going to assume September for Discovery 3. Then Feb for Picard 2. Assuming production can happen, Sept 2021 for Section 31. And then SNW in the beginning of 2022.

They could opt to air the shows closer together. But with covid complicating filming I tend to doubt it.
  • Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty exited over what I've read about this new series. While I've been enjoying the two new Trek series a lot, I've been craving for episodic Trek I could re-watch an episode here, another there.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kids funny that a new show already has the crew and ship in the game. All great quality art also.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

There were many book series that had a threat that would affect TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY crew.

I still enjoy the Invasion crossover.
  • Dr. Boyce please.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we can get that majestic bearded Anson mount from the announcement trailer. Call it Lumberjack Pike!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Boyce please.

I'm down with that! In fact, I started a thread in the Strange New Worlds subforum if you'd like to add your thoughts on casting ideas for his character.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • I'd settle for just the Original incarnation in the game from the Cage.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Discovery is far in the future and staying there to preserve canon. Picard and SNW are 1-2 centuries apart too. I'd rather not have a contrived time travel story to deal with that.

Theoretically Section 31 and SNW take place at the same time. I'd be happy to see a crossover there. Especially with SNW being episodic, it can handle a crossover without disrupting the story like it would in a serialized story.

I wouldn't want to see the crews working together, but a thematic one could work well.

X happens every Y number of years, SNW is the start of the story, PIC is the middle, DISCO concludes.

It would have some nice resonance with Burnham reconnecting, indirectly, with Spock.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd settle for just the Original incarnation in the game from the Cage.

Def potential for a "Cage" mega featuring those crews before SNW starts.