Home The Bridge

Shout Out to the STT Community

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
Last night, I revisited a forum I won't name that I used to participate in as frequently as participate here now, just to seek some help identifying something. I was stunned by how quickly it got ugly. I got to thinking that I've been spoiled by this community. It would be disingenuous to act as though there haven't been some contentious back-and-forths over these four years. I've been involved in a few myself. Still, those are more what I'd call "excitable" than malicious, and usually end with all parties making nice. So yeah, I just want to thank everyone who has contributed to, and helped sustain, this community. And Shan, this definitely includes you! You have never been anything less than patient, fair, and gracious.

Comments

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear hear! Definitely one of the best [online] communities I have been involved with as well.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind words - makes a nice change to the stuff that's hitting my feed at the moment!

Here's to us!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • This is a very kind and generous forum. I belong to a discord group, not for STT, but another game. And it is as kind and generous and helpful as this one. Thanks to Shan for the hard work keeping us inline.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I am really into a video game, I am usually constantly checking the forums for that community. While it is a great way to stay informed about the games, very rarely do I comment because of how quickly flame wars spring up. STT has been the exception, and this community is the best.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I could listen to that on a loop for hours. Such a shame that Enterprise couldn't be included.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Actually, for Enterprise, they played the ending credits song!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed it the first couple times. Good catch!
    Farewell 🖖
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if it wasn't for the community I would not put half the work into the things i make for this game as I do...amazing stuff love you all.

The community is why I volunteered to help keep the Do Not Airlock checklist going. This is a good group on here.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, love the game, and especially love this forum.

Now for something different, have a listen to this. It made me think of the game we enjoy so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MkYdtU61Y

I hereby decree as the starter that we are no longer talking about my respect for this community and this thread is rededicated to discussing how absolutely glorious that dog is.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love a good dog.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was unaware that dog is a term of endearment for a violinist! #TheMoreYouKnow
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

268uqb5cupbo.gif
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    One of the main things that has kept me in this game is this forum. The knowledge , humour and discussions (some more heated than others) greatly enhance my enjoyment of the game, even if I’m more of a lurker than contributor most of the time.

The other thing I would mention is all the player developed tools out there that make a huge difference to my game play. I do love to strategise and use most if not all of the tools out there. A huge thank you to all the contributors of those tools that I discovered through this forum.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Oh, the violinist is amazing! But if she didn't want to be upstaged, she shouldn't have included that dog. There's a "second fiddle" joke to be found but I'm too scattered to be the one to find it.