Home The Bridge
Options

First Time Super Rare Crew Offer

New offer. Guessing this will help new players hence the name. I personally have all but 1 ff so...7bls4g91e72w.png

Comments

• Options
    Yet another example of confusing wording. Is this 1 copy or can you expect to get them all FF in the popup? I know it's probably the latter based on the price tag, but it seems deliberately vague.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Confirmation of how many copies of each would be nice
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    and who the heck is "Duelist Spock?"
    if we go by the picture ... it would be Kali-if-fee

but this offer is just ASKING for tickets from people who buy it...
    perhaps one of those little i icons which state the exact crew you get would help??
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting 5 random 1/4s for $10 is a terrible deal.

Getting 5 random 4/4s for $10 is a pretty good deal.

Getting 1/4 Spock that is pictured and 4 random 1/4s for $10 is a terrible deal.

There's about a half dozen other ways I could interpret this offer...My assumption is you get 1/4s and that this is an awful deal. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Good crew, but I have all of them frozen already. It would be really cool if it were a pool of like 50 crew and customized to fit your needs.
  • Options
    so who exactly is "Duelist Spock?"
    and do you get these as 4/4?
    is it the "exact ones pictured? all of them 1/4 or 4/4?

perhaps one of those little i icons which explain the offer as to exactly who and what you get would help?
    this offer is just ASKING for people to open tickets
    qrettfzywsrx.jpg
  • Options
    Yes some confirmation on what you get is very necessary
  • Options
    7yycknjs9nk9.jpg

This one popped up for me.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    For me this would be 1,000 honor for $10 (assuming it's 5 1/4's). Now if it was some kind of custom "fuse up" offer that offered only crew I have, but don't have FF/immortal then I might buy.
  • Options
    I also second the notion that the wording is extremely confusing. The way I am seeing this, I am being offered 1 copy of each officer shown, and if that's the case, I am not buying it.

For me it had First Officer Saru instead of Kal-If-Fee Spock in it, maybe because the game doesn't scan my Vault - I had him frozen some time ago. Whatever the case, I don't like the crew offered, because of anyone listed, I only miss a star on Mirror Uhura, and paying 10$ for one star on a crew member when you have all other fully fused is silly at best.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've now seen both pop-ups in our fleet. Always assume it's the worst possible deal with DB.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only need Khan and he's at 3/4 for me. The rest are FF4*
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody brave enough to waste their money and report what this "deal" really is?
  • Options
    Extremely confusing, I received the same offer as above, have all 5 already immortalised so wouldnt go for it anyway, but once again a clear showing from DB of the lack of developer/consumer communication.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    xb22yno80ekc.png
    ihpixnghadb6.png
    0v5u3ina2ylt.png
    hqqdkdk94g29.png
    i1b6ukiljamp.png

Duplicate beholds and offers that offer no incentive or value are holding back revenue for DB.
    I've dismissed plenty of Uhura hence the reason she's not immortalised so to spend €10.99 for a single copy and 800 honor isn't worth it.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be a sweeter deal if it was five first stars for crew that you don't have
  • Options
    This genuinely must be the worse most poorly explained offer DB have ever dropped on us.....
  • Options
    DB . For new customers, decent deal. Nice.
    For existing customers (3 months or longer) .. Not the best.

I would like to humbly suggest instead..

"Q's Wishes."
    Get a 1/4 Captain Q + 4 Super Rare Honorable Citations that you can use to power up your crew for only $9.99. A whatever percent value offer, only for a limited time.

&

"Q's Verdict"
    Get a 1/5 Judge Q + 2 legendary Honorable Citations that you can you use to power up your crew for only $13.99 . A whatever percent value offer, only for a limited time.
    (Then you stand to make even more when the double your crew offer pops up.. )

(Can use pretty much any crew in these pop up deals just theme the title to character)

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I got the same offer... almost.
    Rather than Spock I got Saru.

I think that this is a pretty good offer for new players. That being said, having been around a while I have all but Khan FFed and not sure I want to spend 10$ for one star on one character.....
  • Options
    [RotP] Scoustar[RotP] Scoustar ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if this is a desperate or extremely misguided attempt by DB to drum up some extra cash. Desperately misguided, I guess. What a curious offer.
  • Options
    [RotP] Scoustar[RotP] Scoustar ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that there is no info button detailing the exact contents like on the event and other packs.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Interesting that there is no info button detailing the exact contents like on the event and other packs.

Pull and pray?
  • Options
    The pack shows you exactly what you get. One copy of each character in the picture. It could be a tad bit clearer, but it was a good value for me since it let me 4/4 Worf and Bashir without any dupes or worthless schematics to throw in the pile.

Hope we get more offers like this, especially if they could target them to let us fully fuse others we have sitting at 3/4 and personalized to the buyer’s needs.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The offer will always be useful to some players, of that there is no doubt. However, I wouldn't mind some data mining on the part of DB that gives you an offer whereby you lack (completely or a star) at least 3 of 4 of the 5 crew offered to make it remotely interesting to the long time players here.

EDIT: Poor Frank did it to corroborate my assumption. My hat is off to him, it is fair to pass him my condolences as well.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I think that this is a pretty good offer for new players.
    It's atrociously bad offer for new players. 1/4 are harder to equip than 3/3 but are same or worse stat in general. And for a price of 10x10 offer. Or twice the price of Steam offer that gives same 10x10 + bunch of other stuff and you don't have to wait for.