Home The Bridge
Options

Homestead Janeway skill set speculations

I just watched the episode "resolutions". I think it is likely that the card "Homestead Janeway" will be built one of two ways:

1) She has a single SCI skill, with an incredible base, like Dr. 'Bones' McCoy.

2) She becomes the first Janeway to have a MED primary. Something like, MED>SCI>CMD (an argument could be made for DIP or ENG as the tertiary).

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I hope for the second option
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be excited for MED/COM/SCI, MED/COM/ENG, and MED/DIP/ENG...less so for MED/SCI/x thanks to the bounty of strong MED/SCI crew offered in the second half of 2019.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like MED/CMD/ENG idea. She'd get a quick cite. Or MED/ENG/CMD.
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    I would be excited for MED/COM/SCI, MED/COM/ENG, and MED/DIP/ENG...less so for MED/SCI/x thanks to the bounty of strong MED/SCI crew offered in the second half of 2019.

100% agreed. I would love a MED/CMD/ENG or MED/DIP/ENG. After watching the episode, however, I don't think it's likely that she won't have SCI. Fingers crossed for "pleasantly surprised". ;-D
  • Options
    MED/ENG/SCI?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tapped the thread because I wanted to suggest the single skill SCI, but you led with that, lol. I think she was pretty bossy in the episode, so I'm thinking SCI/CMD/MED or maybe SCI/MED/CMD. I hope for the latter, but expect the former. Although that monkey could lead to a surprise DIP skill.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    I tapped the thread because I wanted to suggest the single skill SCI, but you led with that, lol. I think she was pretty bossy in the episode, so I'm thinking SCI/CMD/MED or maybe SCI/MED/CMD. I hope for the latter, but expect the former. Although that monkey could lead to a surprise DIP skill.

I had the exact same thought about the monkey. ;-D
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote goes for MED/SCI/CMD, in that order. It'll probably be SCI/CMD/MED.
  • Options
    We don't know when these temporary achievements are supposed to begin, right?
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭

It was mentioned in @[10F] Captain Idol stream last week (the one with the WR guest). In the stream it was confirmed that we can expect several things between now and this summer.

I don't remember exactly what was said about Janeway, but I believe we are supposed to get her soon. Possibly in the next month or so.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a CMD/MED/SCI? Best that I know, there isn’t a legendary CMD primary, MED secondary in the game (am I right about that?).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

It was mentioned in @[10F] Captain Idol stream last week (the one with the WR guest). In the stream it was confirmed that we can expect several things between now and this summer.

I don't remember exactly what was said about Janeway, but I believe we are supposed to get her soon. Possibly in the next month or so.

The intake message said the Pack this month. Nothing said {that I recall} about if the Achievements will be concurrent. I would venture they might feel that getting her free from Achievements at the same time as the Pack, or close after, would cause Pack sales to take a hit.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭

The intake message said the Pack this month. Nothing said {that I recall} about if the Achievements will be concurrent. I would venture they might feel that getting her free from Achievements at the same time as the Pack, or close after, would cause Pack sales to take a hit.

Yup, you are correct. It was in TP's correspondence where I saw "later this month". Thanks! =D
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The announcement said:
    Expect the correspondent theme pack to become available later this month, but also to be able to obtain this new crew by completing temporary achievements.
  • Options
    I'm afraid she'll be a one skill SCI as some people for one reason or another are asking for this.
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'm afraid she'll be a one skill SCI as some people for one reason or another are asking for this.

I honestly would not mind this. Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if she was a MED/CMD/ENG, but a SCI only, with a base like McCoy, would be acceptable; even appreciated.

Most Janeways have SCI. Which means most Janeway events will be SCI heavy. Which would make a Janeway, with a SCI base of 1.6-1.7K, a beast.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

Just from a collecting perspective, I can see the appeal of doing one super-powered single skill crew for each skill, especially considering the ease of access of the temporary achievement chars. This would be especially appealing if they put them all in a new collection with the release of the final one...AND if they updated the old Captain Scott’s eng skill to be on par with Bones McCoy and used him to cover the eng slot. I realize they don’t normally update char skills once they’re released, but they DID adjust Locutus’ skills at one point. And if you were ever gonna make an argument that an old character needed an update, I don’t see how Captain Scott couldn’t be at the top of that list.

As far as THIS Janeway goes, I honestly don’t even remember the episode. Which episode was it?
  • Options

Just from a collecting perspective, I can see the appeal of doing one super-powered single skill crew for each skill, especially considering the ease of access of the temporary achievement chars. This would be especially appealing if they put them all in a new collection with the release of the final one...AND if they updated the old Captain Scott’s eng skill to be on par with Bones McCoy and used him to cover the eng slot. I realize they don’t normally update char skills once they’re released, but they DID adjust Locutus’ skills at one point. And if you were ever gonna make an argument that an old character needed an update, I don’t see how Captain Scott couldn’t be at the top of that list.

As far as THIS Janeway goes, I honestly don’t even remember the episode. Which episode was it?

‘Resolutions’ season 2 episode 25
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

The episode is "Resolutions". Season 2, episode 25.

I think your argument, for Captain Scott, is a good one. And, much like the new art for Blood Oath Jadzia, if they only end up doing it once, Capt. Scott is the perfect card.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... it is later this month, June will not get much older. Should happen really soon, right?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe June 2021?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they’re operating on the Julian calendar? The Internet tells me that today is June 1st by that reckoning.
  • Options
    I thought WRG_Ben said that it would be during the mega event. That gives them another week and a half, if I'm remembering that correctly.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought WRG_Ben said that it would be during the mega event. That gives them another week and a half, if I'm remembering that correctly.

I do not remember what he exactly said, but...

ko1t3muoqr09.jpeg
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

I do not remember what he exactly said, but...

ko1t3muoqr09.jpeg

Ah, so one week at the most. Today and the 30th are Tuesdays. I sure wouldn't mind a little extra action on a Tuesday.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next two Wednesdays are holidays in Quebec, so I'm good with either Tuesday, and wouldn't mind either Wednesday either lol.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Great news! My wish was answered and today is the day!

She's in the Vault, and she's got DIP, SCI and MED.

r712o059o0dq.jpg
  • Options
    I knew she would arrive today.

I'm thinking SCI MED DIP.
    Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Great news! My wish was answered and today is the day!

She's in the Vault, and she's got DIP, SCI and MED.

r712o059o0dq.jpg

With Q as "God", Soji, and the Bashirs, I'm good on that combo. I hope she gets a skill order that differs from the ones I have. CMD instead of DIP would have been preferable, but hey, maybe Janeway will have traits that give my voyages with MED, DIP, or SCI an extra 25 AM here and there.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Funnily enough, DIP/SCI/MED is the only skill trio where I have a legendary of every configuration.

8r7f7aorbcft.png

A few trios are close. I need a DIP/CMD/SEC, which is fun since I have 15 legendaries with those skills, just not in that one order. I also need a CMD/DIP/SCI and a ENG/MED/SCI.

Edit: Apparently there is no legendary with CMD/DIP/SCI in that order.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport