Home The Bridge
Options

Homestead Janeway skill set speculations

Comments

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    This could all be avoided if the announcement WAS A DAY EARLIER ... then players would know that at reset they get to work on the mini-achievements and so can decide FOR THEMSELVES if they want to log in prior or not and so delaying a start or not ... some might not want to because they could miss out on a full set of dailies. So ...

"Tomorrow we will be releasing new crew Janeway who will be achievable through mini-achievements (a la McCoy) ... those achievements will only be available AFTER reset tomorrow ... IF you log in prior to the ahcievements going live they will not be available to you until the next reset in your timezone."

Communication goes a long way ... my two cents.

That’s actually a solid idea. And simple. Thumbs up.
  • Options
    Oh ok then. Thanks
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new crew I can get from achievements is great. Thx Shan and TP.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    So Janeway is pretty solid, and fits in right behind Van Gogh on Voyage rankings. She has the best Voyage total of any Janeway, the only one to feature MED, and one of two with a SCI primary (Assimilated Janeway, who she barely edges out):

#63 Overall Voyager, #3 SCI/MED Voyager, #5 SCI/MED Shuttle, #7 SCI Base, #2 SCI/MED/DIP

Someone mentioned Q as God and Soji Asha because of the similar skillset. Looks like Janeway just edges out Q, but Soji probably has her beat. This is where they fit in:

Q: #65 Overall Voyager, #4 SCI/MED Voyager, #10 CMD/MED Shuttle, #8 DIP/MED Shuttle, #3 SCI/MED Shuttle, #3 MED Base, #1 MED/SCI/DIP
    Soji: #27 Overall Voyager, #2 DIP/MED Voyager, #2 DIP/MED Shuttle, #7 MED Base, #1 MED/DIP/SCI

Where do you see the stats? I couldn’t find it in the announcement.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »
    So Janeway is pretty solid, and fits in right behind Van Gogh on Voyage rankings. She has the best Voyage total of any Janeway, the only one to feature MED, and one of two with a SCI primary (Assimilated Janeway, who she barely edges out):

#63 Overall Voyager, #3 SCI/MED Voyager, #5 SCI/MED Shuttle, #7 SCI Base, #2 SCI/MED/DIP

Someone mentioned Q as God and Soji Asha because of the similar skillset. Looks like Janeway just edges out Q, but Soji probably has her beat. This is where they fit in:

Q: #65 Overall Voyager, #4 SCI/MED Voyager, #10 CMD/MED Shuttle, #8 DIP/MED Shuttle, #3 SCI/MED Shuttle, #3 MED Base, #1 MED/SCI/DIP
    Soji: #27 Overall Voyager, #2 DIP/MED Voyager, #2 DIP/MED Shuttle, #7 MED Base, #1 MED/DIP/SCI

It is in Starfleet Communications, as a separate post.
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Drone_one wrote: »

It is in Starfleet Communications, as a separate post.

Thank you!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for Janeway herself ... I like her and it is great to be able to get her 3/5 ... though she does join an ever-growing list of crew who wouldn't be half bad to cite. :)

Looking forward to work on those temporary achievements ... I actually really enjoy those, as they give the feeling that you're doing something productive ... at work, we always break our projects into smaller deliverables and so you get a real sense of progression (the opposite of the Locutus achievement where it just feels like I'm floundering in a series of setbacks).
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Happy to get another Janeway, she will be my 3rd legendary Janeway card however now I’m wondering if I’ll ever fully cite her since I have a couple of other cards that I was planning to cite before this. Plus I already have Soji and Qod immortalized. I guess at 3/5 she’ll be more useful than some of the 1/5 and 2/5 cards taking up my slots.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    A Janeway with MED over 1k as secondary and a solid SCI primary. I think that can justify two citations. Who knows... I've saved some money by not spending this month. I might do a DYC if WRG can remove themselves from the political arena. I'll just time my achievements so that one of them drops in July.

Link for stats:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16380/new-crew-homesteader-janeway-5#latest
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    FE/FF level 100 DIP 454 (88-169), SCI 1283 (183-431), MED 1038 (112-299)
    FE 1/5 level 100 DIP 229 (88-169), SCI 893 (183-431), MED 590 (112-299)

Great, a sci primary. Just what I need.

Have to wait until tomorrow until I see her, but that is not a problem for me. The only downside is that I have to start playing the gauntlet again.
  • Options
    0/7. Not unusual, just odd way of her rollout. Free 3/5 is free though. Surprised she wasn't the offer like McCoy was.

Yeah, that kind of puts me off a bit. Unique skill combos for bridge crew are a special thing, compared to Bones’ rather specific and limited use, but having to buy enough Tuesday packs to get two of her without using citations doesn’t sit right for me.
    This.

@Prime Lorca [10FH] this is what I meant when I said TP/WRG/DB (the game) has gotten greedy. Instead of giving away 4/5 Janeways, they are only giving away 3/5. (Presumably in order to make pack sales more enticing.) While, yes it's generous to give us a free character, it is slightly less generous than STT used to be. And a lot of slights can equal a big deal. (For me, anyway.)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have little success in Gauntlet, but I play for the currency and occasional equipment from it. I got Guinan from one of the two boxes I got for a 162nd place finish, so I think I'll try to stay in a Gauntlet, just in case.
    Broke down and bought my first Tuesday pack for this. Between the new Janeway (Voyager was the series I cut my teeth on), two other 5*s I did not have, and 2 of the 3 SRs needing stars, I bit.
    Got Fugitive Spock, who is immortalized. Did get my final star for Obrist ahead of the event, my 3rd for Tommy Gun Dixon, and a 2nd on Tactical Burnham, though. I am now considering if another try might be worth it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    0/7. Not unusual, just odd way of her rollout. Free 3/5 is free though. Surprised she wasn't the offer like McCoy was.

Yeah, that kind of puts me off a bit. Unique skill combos for bridge crew are a special thing, compared to Bones’ rather specific and limited use, but having to buy enough Tuesday packs to get two of her without using citations doesn’t sit right for me.
    This.

@Prime Lorca [10FH] this is what I meant when I said TP/WRG/DB (the game) has gotten greedy. Instead of giving away 4/5 Janeways, they are only giving away 3/5. (Presumably in order to make pack sales more enticing.) While, yes it's generous to give us a free character, it is slightly less generous than STT used to be. And a lot of slights can equal a big deal. (For me, anyway.)

Ehh...Bones was a special to celebrate an anniversary. Janeway is just a new card that they're giving away 3/5 of. If TP wants to start offering a free 3/5 every couple months to encourage people to buy some packs that's still an improvement over not offering a free 3/5.

Either accept the free 3/5 and keep her at 3/5, use honor to FF, or buy packs to FF. That's your choice. But I'd rather get a free 3/5 and have to make that choice myself than not get a 3/5 at all.

That is a very valid point. The thing is, if they were to give away a 2/5, in the next temporary achievement, it would still be a valid argument.

While only slightly, this is a downgrade from last time. And, as a result, I find myself slightly disappointed. That's my only point.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?

"They gave us four Bones 🌟 s but we are only getting three Janeway 🌟 s!"?!?!?

Free strong Legendary Crew, people!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

This.

Ehh...Bones was a special to celebrate an anniversary. Janeway is just a new card that they're giving away 3/5 of. If TP wants to start offering a free 3/5 every couple months to encourage people to buy some packs that's still an improvement over not offering a free 3/5.

Either accept the free 3/5 and keep her at 3/5, use honor to FF, or buy packs to FF. That's your choice. But I'd rather get a free 3/5 and have to make that choice myself than not get a 3/5 at all.

That is a very valid point. The thing is, if they were to give away a 2/5, in the next temporary achievement, it would still be a valid argument.

While only slightly, this is a downgrade from last time. And, as a result, I find myself slightly disappointed. That's my only point.

If you think in terms of them offering a 5th Bones for $10 the first time, then this is a downgrade. If you think in terms of the last 5 months where we got nothing, then this is a huge improvement. This Janeway variant is good and I'm just thrilled to have temporary achievements back. I'm sorry some people aren't as happy about it.

Some people would fuss if it was raining Big Granny's Famous Mater Soup, and they had a bowl instead of a bucket........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    everytime i hit "find opponent" i get "hailing starfleet" and i have to close and reopen the app to start the game over. guess i'llhave to wait 25 hours to start.
  • Options
    Jean-Luc KenobiJean-Luc Kenobi ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Something broke sorry
  • Options
    The real issue here is why are there two resets per day? One at 0500 and one at 1700 (UTC). Why not just have one reset for everything? Isn't it just confusing things?
  • Options
    The real issue here is why are there two resets per day? One at 0500 and one at 1700 (UTC). Why not just have one reset for everything? Isn't it just confusing things?

I've always wondered if there is a reason for it.
  • Options
    Okay, I hope I phrase this so as not to upset anyone. I am not personally attacking the artist. Because I think what is throwing me off is the angle of her head/face in the pose. Color scheme is nice. Yellows and greens are visually appealing in the artwork. But, she does not look like Janeway to me from that angle. Again, nothing about the artist or their skill. Just think it is the angle.....

wqpiqb09klpq.png
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    2pnylgkece54.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    2pnylgkece54.jpg

Anyone immortalized her yet?
  • Options
    Sorry if I overlook something, but I can't see any achievenments in the time portal today after the reset. Do you see them only when you buy a community pack for dil and get a Janeway out of it?
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if I overlook something, but I can't see any achievenments in the time portal today after the reset. Do you see them only when you buy a community pack for dil and get a Janeway out of it?

Check Achievements under the Campaigns button. They are there.
  • Options
    Thanks, I found them.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

I think the idea is that one reset is when Timelines staff are all in the office. This is when new things go live and events start, finish or change phases. Staff can then fix issues as they occur.

The dailies reset during the night for most people in the US and Europe, so that they look like dailies. For me having the dailies reset when I am usually asleep is a good thing, it means one set a day, and not having to panic to finish them in my lunch break.
    It also means that Tuesday cadet challenge is Tuesday for most players.