Home The Bridge

The lighter side of non-canon cards

Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in The Bridge
It's always a delight to see Star Trek actors in other rolls, so I decided to make some mock STT cards celebrating these other characters. I hope folks get a few chuckles out of them, I certainly had fun making them. Although, given how prolific some of these actors are, choosing a single character for each was sometimes difficult!

8clmminhs33b.png

nsmh22mxe82f.png

xe5m0ktyhpzt.png

My enthusiasm rather got away from me, and I made 48. To avoid spamming the forums, I'll only post a few at a time, and I'll wait a while in between.

You can open the images in a new tab to see them at full size.
Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport

Comments

• Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably could have done 48 just of Rene Auberjonois!

Judge Odo. French Chef Odo. Afro Odo. Stargate Fascist Odo . . .
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for Librarian Odo so you could also do Guardian Number One. :)
    My fingers are crossed for Marine Biologist Annika Hansen. (Let me know if you need help finding her with retired detective Q2.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • edited June 2020
    r5bugaf9bitd.jpeg

Wai Lin!!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Rene Auberjonois voice-acted in the Legacy of Kain video game series back in the PS1 and PS2 days for the character of Janos Audron. That's what I'd make for an Odo card. That's where I knew him the most. I had seen DS9 here and there as a kid, but did not recognize him until I watched it a few years ago.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
    I was hoping for Librarian Odo so you could also do Guardian Number One. :)
    My fingers are crossed for Marine Biologist Annika Hansen. (Let me know if you need help finding her with retired detective Q2.)

And StametZ.

Starport
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    These are fun and well done! The silly part is, I bet you could have done at least 25% of them just from Boston Legal!

I can already picture Lawyer Kirk, whose ship ability would simply be named “James. T. Kirk.”
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeri Ryan also had a recent turn in Macgyver, as Mac's aunt — a scientist bent on starting Armageddon, in order to 'reset' the world.

8luohpf2tocd.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Apparently I stopped watching TV after the 70s/80s, because many of these references go right over my head. When I think of René Auberjonois, my thoughts go immediately to MASH, King Kong (remake), & Benson. For Brent Spiner, I automatically think of his hillbilly/redneck characters from Night Court & Mama's Family.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
    Apparently I stopped watching TV after the 70s/80s, because many of these references go right over my head. When I think of René Auberjonois, my thoughts go immediately to MASH, King Kong (remake), & Benson. For Brent Spiner, I automatically think of his hillbilly/redneck characters from Night Court & Mama's Family.

Boston Legal is well worth watching, if only for the back and forth between Shatner’s character and the one played by James Spader.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Dr. Data card. Despite its many faults, Independance Day is an enjoyable movie.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently I stopped watching TV after the 70s/80s, because many of these references go right over my head. When I think of René Auberjonois, my thoughts go immediately to MASH, King Kong (remake), & Benson. For Brent Spiner, I automatically think of his hillbilly/redneck characters from Night Court & Mama's Family.

Warehouse 13. René Auberjonois played a scientist who used to work for the Warehouses.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Since we are having an unscheduled René Auberjonois appreciation party to celebrate the initial 12 cards, here is where I first met him as a child...

whsm3cdsq1cn.jpg

...he was the voice of the skeleton who guarded the clock for King Haggard in The Last Unicorn. I did not learn this until I was MUCH older mind you, but I'll never forget that movie, probably because from the day we got our first VCR my sister watched it literally every day until the tape wore out.

I loved that movie!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    After last night's discussion I decided to re-do Shark Expert Seven and add two more Psych cards.

hi02p01vhhso.png

mzkccdram05k.png

7wwrrcydhfvx.png

Okay, so shame on me for not noticing Nicole de Boer or Jolene Blalock appearing in Stargate episodes.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    OMG, how did I not realize Tilly was in Longmire?!

-EDIT-
    Also, it may warrant consideration to alter "Scientist Dax" to something like Scientist Ezri Dax or Scientist Tigan, since there are several different Dax's.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Another Psych fan!
    Farewell 🖖
    Also, it may warrant consideration to alter "Scientist Dax" to something like Scientist Ezri Dax or Scientist Tigan, since there are several different Dax's.
    I've heard it both ways. ;)

Starport
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Wait, I missed Ezri in stargate? *hangs head in shame and vows to rewatch the episode asap*
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • These are great! If you really want a good, strange Rene Auberjonois picture, take a look at images of him from the 1970 movie Brewster McCloud.
    Stargate is another one with a ton of Star Trek alumni. If my count is right, nine main cast characters have been on SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe (the above four, plus The Doctor, Miles O'Brien, Troi, Quark, and Odo). There have been at least as many recurring ST characters.

In my mock cards, I've tried to stick to main cast and major recurring characters. There's at least one more exception, who just fit a quartet theme too well to skip.

(Another plan was to take actual STT cards and re-label them to make Liquidator Shran, Fight Promoter Weyoun, Andorian Commander Brunt, and Dominion Penk. But it felt like a lot of effort for a single gag. Plus, there was a Combs character I wanted to do more.)

Starport
  • What about That '70s Annorax? :smiley:

MV5BMjM2MzU1NzQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcxNTU2MjE@._V1_.jpg
  • After last night's discussion I decided to re-do Shark Expert Seven and add two more Psych cards.

hi02p01vhhso.png

mzkccdram05k.png

7wwrrcydhfvx.png

Okay, so shame on me for not noticing Nicole de Boer or Jolene Blalock appearing in Stargate episodes.

Or for that matter Conner Trinneer. Atlantis is still Stargate.
  • I still want COP KIRK!! posted a threat on this months ago....
    After last night's discussion I decided to re-do Shark Expert Seven and add two more Psych cards.

hi02p01vhhso.png

mzkccdram05k.png

7wwrrcydhfvx.png

Or for that matter Conner Trinneer. Atlantis is still Stargate.

He was awesome on Atlantis!!!!!

• Castell-NeathCastell-Neath ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    and Boston Lawyer Kirk
    Boston lawyer Odo
    Boston Judge Quark
    Boston stalked celebrity Seven
    Boston widow Neelix
    Boston lothatio Archer

Hell just do a boston legal / star trek timelimes crossover collection.
    and Boston Lawyer Kirk
    Boston lawyer Odo
    Boston Judge Quark
    Boston widow Neelix
    Boston lothatio Archer

A few appeared on the 1990/1991 "The Flash":

Denise Crosby
    Jeri Ryan
    Jeffrey Combs

• and Boston Lawyer Kirk
    Boston lawyer Odo
    Boston Judge Quark
    Boston widow Neelix
    Boston lothatio Archer

A few appeared on the 1990/1991 "The Flash":

Denise Crosby
    Jeri Ryan
    Jeffrey Combs

I think a timeline displacement that allows a Rouge "Admiral Ro" to appear on the "uss pegesus" would be superb nod to Ron D Moore and another great scifi series.

5 star card - cmd/ sec/ dip
    Traits : Admiral, human, survivalist, brutal, interrigator, vetran, prodigy

5 star ship - (use star trek's pegasus) traits: warship, brutal, federation and "beast"