Home The Bridge

The lighter side of non-canon cards

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    After last night's discussion I decided to re-do Shark Expert Seven and add two more Psych cards.

hi02p01vhhso.png

mzkccdram05k.png

7wwrrcydhfvx.png

Okay, so shame on me for not noticing Nicole de Boer or Jolene Blalock appearing in Stargate episodes.

Or for that matter Conner Trinneer. Atlantis is still Stargate.

He was hard to miss, that’s for sure. Likewise for John Billingsley, whom I adore from a couple different things (The Man From Earth comes to mind).

• wmbgeinw53pz.png

I KNEW there was another reason I liked Demona! My childhood thanks you, OP.

And boy, Tim Russ really out-Tuvok’d Tuvok with Lancer Captain Kells - just ice cold.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great as it is to instantly recognize a favorite actors, it's pretty incredible when you discovery it later. Sorry Quantum Leap fans, but Archer's upcoming card is an example of the latter.

Most recently, I was shocked to discover it was Anson Mount in Hell on Wheels, despite starting it up right after watching Discovery. I'm usually pretty good are realizing I've seen an actor before, I even I recognized that The Swede was Todd the Wraith!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta do a Nurse Ratched Kai Winn.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judge McCoy. Can't believe I forgot that one!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Making these, I have gained an appreciation for how difficult it can be to avoid CMD/DIP/SEC variations.

Four rows to go after this, although there are a few regular cast members I'm missing. Any recommendations for them are welcome, especially if you can point me to a screenshot and a quote. Here they are: Kira, Jake Sisko, Culber, Kes, Torres, Paris, Kim.

upldfwcuw1ld.png

mliopkmywsta.png

ao3hjnpin7tc.png

I know that McCoy!!!!!

I love that crazy little horror movie!!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I know that McCoy!!!!!

Perfect for folks who weren't sufficiently scarred by Watership Down!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    I know that McCoy!!!!!

Perfect for folks who weren't sufficiently scarred by Watership Down!

Makes a fun double billing!!!!!

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is hands down my favourite thread on the forum.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final cards, at least of what I have made. This also includes my sole canon card! Although it breaks convention in its own way. (I joke because I know Wheaton has a great sense of humor.)

iuopeunuiubi.png

emt81mkr4duf.png

k2jytgeq65xr.png

p76pax5layz6.png

These are all fantastic, as the others have been. I am now, of course, reminded of how much of a bummer it was for Dark Matter to be unceremoniously canceled. :/
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you won over SilverRose with those last 4 cards. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    By the way, if you've never heard Bakula sing, definitely give Pig Island a listen.
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Starting a petition to have "Actual Adult Wesley" become the first ever 0 skill crew!
    Oh man, I should have!

Fantasy & Actual Adult Wesley were two of my original character designs. I knew from the beginning I wanted the former to be a 6* with all skills, how did I not take the latter to its logical conclusion?
    These are all fantastic, as the others have been. I am now, of course, reminded of how much of a bummer it was for Dark Matter to be unceremoniously canceled. :/
    Thanks!

I miss Dark Matter as well. It wasn't without its faults, but it had a solid first season and was really starting to find its footing.

Starport
    Just thought of Texas State Police Trooper Chakotay.....

e4bcwtb4adbq.jpg
  • Goat Sarek has to be the greatest name for a character ever :D:D:D
  • Trek1966Trek1966 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I only understand the Principal Quark reference (from Buffy) and Kurn (Candyman).
    Trek1966 wrote: »
    I only understand the Principal Quark reference (from Buffy) and Kurn (Candyman).

There are certainly some esoteric choices here. Some of these were simply hard to fill in, and many others were times I was surprised by the appearance.

For example, the obvious choice for Bakula was Quantum Leap, not an album of children's music. But the novelty of discovering it was Bakula, and then learning about his early singing career, stuck with me.

Similarly, Rapp is best known for RENT, not a musical special for the comedy series Psych. But seeing him in Psych was a fun moment.

I'll also admit, a few of these choices were to fill out themes. There's no reason to have Klaang in here, and if there was then the President from Fifth Element is clearly the best role to use for Tiny Lister. But after discovering that Sarek did the voice of that goat, I had three animals and wanted a fourth. One search for "zootopia" in Memory Alpha, and I've got a Fennic Fox with an attitude.

Starport
  • SkittishSlothSkittishSloth ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Similarly, Rapp is best known for RENT, not a musical special for the comedy series Psych. But seeing him in Psych was a fun moment.

For me, Rapp will always be Daryl from Adventures in Babysitting. (The original from the 80's.)

(Also, these were awesome - especially the "Actual Adult Wesley".)
    Has anyone said "Demonic Doll Suder"?

Demonic Doll Suder......

2n7vvfgvt2ka.jpg
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Starting a petition to have "Actual Adult Wesley" become the first ever 0 skill crew!

Poor Wil Wheaton never got that height.

xb443uwkp58p.png

oumnt7isv5ds.jpeg

4x4tcrxgsjdq.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • With the MASH event already in the game (as well as Prince Bashir), I wonder if the game will ever pull another event like that with some of these ideas.

Is Tucker-On-The-Ropes a reference to some show or movie that I'm unaware of, by the way, or just something they made up?
    While I'm sure we'll get more Originals in the future, I'm less certain they'll be such clear references as those Odo and Bashir cards. This being said, I'm far from the first to ask for Psi Cop Chekov!

Given how non-canon cards rankle some, probably the safest options would be Cowboy Pike or O'Brien. These could be distinct from their Hell on Wheels characters, while still serving as a nod to those roles. And they also wouldn't be the first The Wild West additions that are also Originals.

Starport
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambassador Soran
    Client Castillo
    Con Man Kirk*
    Convention Diva Sulu*
    Curator Leonardo
    Duplicitous Amanda Rogers
    Fire Chief Braxton
    Involuntary Hostage Taker Harriman
    Professor Kruge
    Saxophobic Suder
    Undercover Kurn
    Vengeful Seamus

*I'm disappointed in all of you for leaving out these, including everyone who has no idea what we're talking about.
  • My favorite is bsg one :)
    Has anyone mentioned Blackagar Boltagon Pike?

Blackagar Boltagon Pike......

• May I suggest the following:
    Admiral Zhao Lorca
    The Great Divide Odo
    Eastern Air Temple Inventor Odo
    Warehouse 13 Regent Janeway
    Air Force Seven (Pete Latimer's ex from Warehouse 13)
    Hamlet's Uncle Claudius Picard
    Professor Charles Xavier Picard
    Tory Foster Landry
    Corinthian Leather Kahn

• It's always a delight to see Star Trek actors in other rolls, so I decided to make some mock STT cards celebrating these other characters. I hope folks get a few chuckles out of them, I certainly had fun making them. Although, given how prolific some of these actors are, choosing a single character for each was sometimes difficult!

8clmminhs33b.png

nsmh22mxe82f.png

xe5m0ktyhpzt.png

My enthusiasm rather got away from me, and I made 48. To avoid spamming the forums, I'll only post a few at a time, and I'll wait a while in between.

You can open the images in a new tab to see them at full size.

Fantastic la forge had me on the floor dead lmao.

Best thread indeed on this forum.