Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Restoration - 09/03 - ME#4

Comments

• Options
    is it just me or does the art make Narissa look a whole lot older ??

wysk8vsnp4xj.jpeg

About 20 years...
    Capt_Locutus
    FORGET IT! Resistance IS futile!
  • Options
    It's odd. The actress does indeed have a wide jaw line. I also questioned the art, but found that it's more accurate than I remembered.

My two criticisms of the art first, maybe don't do that straight on angle again. That's what makes her face look thick when it's really not. Second, the character tends to have a devious or cunning look, which is not captured here. I loved the character for her villainous guile that made her such a dangerous antagonist. I would really love to see that captured better in her next variant.

I really hate to criticize when I'm such a bad artist myself. I still want this variant of Narissa and hope that the next version captures more of what I want remember from the show. :)

we could still get starfleet narissa....

nz1edcfwterv.png

or flashback narissa....

kjj5eqq0ks7j.jpeg

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    Or maybe just some proportions are mixed on that image. Usually one of crewmembers has wrong proportions in event posters. I wonder how will she look in-game. ;)
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

wysk8vsnp4xj.jpeg

And about 50 pounds heavier, just in the face.

Its amazing how the art can be so good one week and so bad the next.......

really too bad, as Shran’s art was fantastic

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about “older” so much as “stockier.” It’s 100% the pose rather than the details, because the details look fine on their own.
    Webberoni wrote: »

wysk8vsnp4xj.jpeg

And about 50 pounds heavier, just in the face.

Its amazing how the art can be so good one week and so bad the next.......

I wouldn’t go so far as to say this is “bad.” The use of light and shadow is good, the single-color highlights are present to help define the outline but aren’t overwhelming, and the hair is done rather well. Proof of that is in that same picture - Reed, who is by no means saddled with bad art, has good lighting but huge, thick orange and off-purple highlights and rather un-detailed hair. Even Hernandez has a bit of a flat lighting scheme while Narissa has shadows in sensible places based on where the out-of-frame illumination is coming from.

Poor choices in planning the pose? Yes. As Lorca mentioned, we’re missing that slightly sadistic grin that made Narissa look so dangerous and cunning. Poor execution of details? Not that I can see.
  • Options
    Hmm. Her face seems angular/contoured moreso than in the artwork, but I might be influenced by the choker (and Teri Hatcher recently).

narissa.jpg?w=1000

How old do you think the art makes her look?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hmm. Her face seems angular/contoured moreso than in the artwork, but I might be influenced by the choker (and Teri Hatcher recently).

narissa.jpg?w=1000

How old do you think the art makes her look?

The art looks more like a different Romulan...

bfq7bvonhf5g.jpeg

Captain Level 99

• Options
    So will there be community rewards for this? I know there are on galaxy events and hybrid shuttle/supply events, but I always forget if they’re included on other hybrid events as well
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will there be community rewards for this? I know there are on galaxy events and hybrid shuttle/supply events, but I always forget if they’re included on other hybrid events as well

As long as there is a Galaxy Phase. I think I got that correct....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s her cheeks, seems a little off.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the galaxy phase is first, there should be the usual community rewards. Just don't forget to turn in your rare rewards before the phase ends (no phase 2 turn-ins!).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the galaxy phase is first, there should be the usual community rewards. Just don't forget to turn in your rare rewards before the phase ends (no phase 2 turn-ins!).

Or, if you’re not a fan of Galaxy events, finish one recipe to make sure you get the community rewards and then take it easy until phase 2.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been asked before but does the flashback event include the 5* in the threshold reward? or is that a rerun?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked before but does the flashback event include the 5* in the threshold reward? or is that a rerun?

Stop worrying about flashback vs rerun. The existing 5* is in the rank rewards this week. It won't be in threshold next week. When there is a new 5* in rank reward, then you can have the old 5* in the threshold the following week.
  • Options
    Hah! For once I am actually mildly smart - or perhaps just stupidly lucky. :D I'd used one of my citations from the honor sale to improve Emperor Georgiou from 2* to 3* in anticipation that she'd start to get some events again with the upcoming Disco and Disco-derived shows. And here she is. Looking forward to deploying 4/5 Georgiou on a shuttle.

Funny thing about that – I got her up to 5/5 a few months ago, and she hasn't been on a shuttle since. :/
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    mejoyh wrote: »

Re-run has the 5* in the threshold, flashback does not.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    xqgs7vkwgszc.jpeg

The problem seems to be that they've captured her mid-word, as though she's right in the process of opening her mouth to speak... And her chin is a touch too wide and shaded differently than the rest of the jawline; the orange/blue Timelines standard isn't working here. Plus they've rather over-emphasized the circles under her eyes. The eyes themselves are solid, though.

etpkxvsg7unt.png

The full gif:
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/320e65852455bddc9b8ae6fe2b2c341b/8b03c6d34b3594b9-1b/s500x750/f2e7e1120ac522a189e68df7ffad44ca01855e54.gifv

Overall, there's a roundness to face that Peyton List just doesn't possess. Hers is far more angular.

s90iu076odue.png

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    To think how much interest this game could have infused if only Narissa and Fenris Seven had been made Legendaries. :/
    It's nice to ensure characters like this aren't only available as Legendaries for top performers. I also bet we'll see Legendary versions of both in the future.

Seven could easily get versions of her dual wielding and interfacing with the Artifact. Maybe even the flashback with Icheb. She had some pretty good moments in that season.

Narissa will probably get an undercover version in the future. I don't think it would be difficult to produce another "Romulan" version, although I'm guessing she won't get too many options.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    xqgs7vkwgszc.jpeg

The problem seems to be that they've captured her mid-word, as though she's right in the process of opening her mouth to speak... And her chin is a touch too wide and shaded differently than the rest of the jawline; the orange/blue Timelines standard isn't working here. Plus they've rather over-emphasized the circles under her eyes. The eyes themselves are solid, though.

I find art quite good. Sorry only had low res at the moment

ax2vz2u6ytu6.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    xqgs7vkwgszc.jpeg

ax2vz2u6ytu6.jpg

See, to me, your side-by-side only proves my point. The orange Timelines shade line on the left is too rounded and extends too far out from the face, and the chin is overemphasized.

No one bats a thousand. We've been getting some beautiful work this year. The technique, skin tones, interplay of light have been excellent. Just think this one misses the mark.

UPDATE:
    This conversation prompted me to take a closer look. It actually really is good work - the thing that mainly ruins it is the Timelines orange/blue shading. It's like the worst Bob Ross tree slapped on top of what should have been a finished product.

Here I just removed the orange and blue from the sides of her jawline (and did away with the odd goiter they gave her on her neck/chin and made her a little less tired). Even this simple edit reveals much more of Peyton List's actual face shape.

otaiodr53bpc.jpg

The issue seems to be that the lighted/shaded areas of her face have been reversed from the source material, making it seem like her cheeks puff out. Her angular features mean her cheekbones are actually the most pronounced part of her face, which makes her cheeks appear more hollow.
  • Options
    ‘Reclamation Narissa’

Captain Level 99

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Can I just thank you to the powers that be for not including a new ship trait on the Generational Enterprise?

Amen
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    xqgs7vkwgszc.jpeg

ax2vz2u6ytu6.jpg

I just love that we have members that can track down the exact frame the artist obviously working off!!!!!

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

Well, sometimes, after completion of dailies there is nothing left to do but to watch some episodes one more time...
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI (Shan, etc) -
    The stats for Emperor Georgiou listed in the event notes are for her 4/5 fusion level, not the 5/5 fusion.

Should be CMD 1216, SEC 1019, DIP 371.

Emperor Philippa Georgiou (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 09/10. (flashback)
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 1066 (131-385), DIP 312 (155-317), SEC 850 (128-264)
    Traits: Terran Empire, Mirror Universe, Human, Brutal, Empress
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I guess just use Red in the Skirmish. Narissa's sledgehammer is Conditional.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?