Home The Bridge
Options

Star Trek day announcement

Comments

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, please do not take this observation the wrong way. But TP finding a way to monetize the "celebration" kinds of looks tacky.

And how exactly do they "monetize" it when you get much more free dil from the achievements than is needed to get those additional tickets!? If you want these premium portals reinvest some of those freebies. If not keep the whole return. Very simple really...

• Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    @Shan

Per the announcement:
    Complete Arena battles
    Tiers 1: 30 battles - get 200 Dilithium
    Tiers 2: 70 battles - get 400 Dilithium
    Tiers 3: 100 battles - get 2x 10-pack premium

is this arena battles or regular ship battles. over the course of 7 days, we get 70 free arena battles.

Are we going to have to buy more arena tickets to finish this?

Arena Battles, so yes if you want the last tiers for this achievement, you will need to purchase additional tickets.

with the exception of arena battles, will everything else be obtainable within the allotted time?

28 scans is 4 scans/day. That's 9 hours/day. So doable. And less if you use an ad on a scan.
    70 shuttles is 10/day. Assuming 4 shuttles that's 3 rounds/day so 9 hours. And if there is an event you can get through them faster.
    99 level ups: Easy enough. FE 1 crew or do a bunch of crew a little bit.
    500 away missions: Minimum 2k chrons without a supply kit. 286 chrons/day. With cadets, voyages, starbase and standard accrual rate this is doable. But a new player may need to be careful in how the chrons are spent.
    100 Arena. You will only earn 70 so you will need to get the extra 30 somehow.

Looks like everything else is doable, but will require a bit more than usual gameplay which I think is a reasonable level to have set for these.

Thank you for the breakdown. I agree 100% with the analysis too.
    I know these achievements/rewards to celebrate Star Wars Trek Day is a really cool activity for next week, but I cannot help but feel a little bit disappointed that not all tiers are completable through daily-allotted tickets. Now I realize that merits are required for shuttle missions and chronitons are needed to level-up and complete away missions, but both can be accrued over time, earned from completing daily/cadet missions, or gained through event play without spending dilithium.

So I do not mean to sound ungrateful - because I am very appreciative - but much like performing scans, I think it would have been nice if all 3 tiers for completing arena battles was achievable with our daily-allotted arena tickets.

EDIT: Okay, I can admit it - I do like both franchises! :blush:
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Everything should be pretty easy, with only the scans (1 ad-warp each day), away missions (faction event next week so no underlying reason to run a bunch naturally) and arena battles (450 dilithium) requiring much more than what we need to do for daily achievements.

Spending 450 dilithium to get what would normally cost 1,300 dilithium, especially when we're getting 1,800 free dilithium, is good value and will still net us up 1,350 dilithium!

You don't need an ad warp for scans if you log in enough.

7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm daily. That's all you need.

If got add a 7pm and 10pm scan you can do it even quicker. It's more than the normal 3/day. And if you are limited in how often you can log in then you may need an ad scan, but the ad is not required.

Yes, you are right of course. I suppose I usually do more than the required 3 most days, without giving it much thought.

I just do it whenever it is available every three hours most days. First one after Reset I usually double, just to get Chores done in three hours. During Achievements, I might double each time. I like to not stretch things out, just in case there is a connection issue. We are coming up on blackout season in Virginia. Power lines get fixed as fast as possible, but Cable & Internet lines, not always so fast.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Okay, please do not take this observation the wrong way. But TP finding a way to monetize the "celebration" kinds of looks tacky.

And how exactly do they "monetize" it when you get much more free dil from the achievements than is needed to get those additional tickets!? If you want these premium portals reinvest some of those freebies. If not keep the whole return. Very simple really...

Well, yeah. We do get Dilithium back. So, it gigs that a little. So, not really a big deal.

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    @Shan

Per the announcement:
    Complete Arena battles
    Tiers 1: 30 battles - get 200 Dilithium
    Tiers 2: 70 battles - get 400 Dilithium
    Tiers 3: 100 battles - get 2x 10-pack premium

is this arena battles or regular ship battles. over the course of 7 days, we get 70 free arena battles.

Are we going to have to buy more arena tickets to finish this?

Arena Battles, so yes if you want the last tiers for this achievement, you will need to purchase additional tickets.

with the exception of arena battles, will everything else be obtainable within the allotted time?

28 scans is 4 scans/day. That's 9 hours/day. So doable. And less if you use an ad on a scan.
    70 shuttles is 10/day. Assuming 4 shuttles that's 3 rounds/day so 9 hours. And if there is an event you can get through them faster.
    99 level ups: Easy enough. FE 1 crew or do a bunch of crew a little bit.
    500 away missions: Minimum 2k chrons without a supply kit. 286 chrons/day. With cadets, voyages, starbase and standard accrual rate this is doable. But a new player may need to be careful in how the chrons are spent.
    100 Arena. You will only earn 70 so you will need to get the extra 30 somehow.

Looks like everything else is doable, but will require a bit more than usual gameplay which I think is a reasonable level to have set for these.

Thank you for the breakdown. I agree 100% with the analysis too.
    I know these achievements/rewards to celebrate Star Wars Trek Day is a really cool activity for next week, but I cannot help but feel a little bit disappointed that not all tiers are completable through daily-allotted tickets. Now I realize that merits are required for shuttle missions and chronitons are needed to level-up and complete away missions, but both can be accrued over time, earned from completing daily/cadet missions, or gained through event play without spending dilithium.

So I do not mean to sound ungrateful - because I am very appreciative - but much like performing scans, I think it would have been nice if all 3 tiers for completing arena battles was achievable with our daily-allotted arena tickets.

Fixed that small error above. ;)

As others have noted, you can reinvest the dilithium earned from other achievements to finish all reward tiers. That's not totally unreasonable. Arena participation has been dropping lately. I'm pretty much on board for whatever will boost those numbers.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Was there a thing in previous temporary achievements where if you didn't restart your app at a certain time, you wouldn't see the achievements for part of the first day?

If I'm remembering this correctly, should in-game mail be sent 6-12 hours ahead of this to remind players? I would hate for 7 days to turn into 6.

That was definitely a thing, but I think they listened to feedback because the new achievements will go live with the 1am EST daily reset. IIRC, that issue happened because the achievements went live mid-day and if you'd already logged in for the day, you had to wait until the next daily reset.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there a thing in previous temporary achievements where if you didn't restart your app at a certain time, you wouldn't see the achievements for part of the first day?

If I'm remembering this correctly, should in-game mail be sent 6-12 hours ahead of this to remind players? I would hate for 7 days to turn into 6.

I think they address that in the message:
    with improvements: these temporary achievements will be visible for everyone at the same time, starting at the daily reset on September 8, at 1am ET (5:00 UTC), until September 15 at 12:59 am ET (4:59 UTC).
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

That was definitely a thing, but I think they listened to feedback because the new achievements will go live with the 1am EST daily reset. IIRC, that issue happened because the achievements went live mid-day and if you'd already logged in for the day, you had to wait until the next daily reset.

Thank you. If you and @Automaton_2000 are convinced that this will fix the issue, that's good enough for me. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    People can always do the offer wall stuff to get free dilithium on their android device. I got 1900 dil yesterday downloading games and playing them to a certain lvl by looking on YouTube how to progress quickly. If it looks too difficult, give up on that game and try a different one. Used that dilithium to get the final star on my Mirror T’pol.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Thank you. If you and @Automaton_2000 are convinced that this will fix the issue, that's good enough for me. :)

Hopefully we're right! *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    An in-game mail regarding the correction is being sent out but because of tribble Friday, you might receive it more than once - sorry about that!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy to celebrate Star Trek Day by getting extra goodies for doing all the stuff I already do (other than buying arena tickets). Thanks! :)B)

PS - Is that Behold designed specifically to needle me? 'Cause that's just mean if it is. I need stars on all of them (yes, even Bones). Uhura (3/5), Bones (4/5), Kirk (3/5). I want them ALL, dang it. :p
  • Options
    This is the only part I’m confused about:
    Level Up crew
    Tiers 1: 20 level ups - get 1x 1-pack premium
    Tiers 2: 50 level ups - get 200 Dilithium
    Tiers 3: 99 level ups - get 1x Legendary Citation

So is this literally leveling a single crew up to level 99? And for that we get a gold citation? Or does this mean we need to FE 99 different crew?
  • Options
    Who is the better choice of those two? Kirk or Uhura?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the better choice of those two? Kirk or Uhura?

Laborer Kirk. Mine has been immortal for many months and he’s a phenomenal voyager and excellent for Kirk events. Uhura does feature in the Wild West collection, for what it’s worth.
  • Options
    Laborer Kirk is definitely the best pick. Unfortunately I have him and the McCoy immortalized and I have no need at all for Gunslinger Uhura so I might just not do that at all
  • Options
    Level Up crew

So is this literally leveling a single crew up to level 99? And for that we get a gold citation? Or does this mean we need to FE 99 different crew?

I took it to mean that if we took a single crew from level 1 to level 100, that would satisfy the achievement for all three tiers. Alternatively, you could use a blue trainer on any level 1 crew to gain 7 levels, airlock them, then repeat until you're at 99 cumulative levels. Or maybe something in between those two extremes.

If I'm understanding this correctly.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Level Up crew

These achievements are based on existing activities, so it is the same principle as the normal daily level up crew mission :)

Thank you
  • Options
    Wow, this is awesome! Thank You!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level Up crew

By Shan saying it works like the daily achievement, here’s what I gather. To get the level up daily, you have to bring someone up 10 levels. Each increment of 10 counts as a level up. So this means to get the cheevo you have to bring very close to 10 crew members from level 1 to level 100 in 7 days

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Level Up crew

By Shan saying it works like the daily achievement, here’s what I gather. To get the level up daily, you have to bring someone up 10 levels. Each increment of 10 counts as a level up. So this means to get the cheevo you have to bring very close to 10 crew members from level 1 to level 100 in 7 days

That's not my interpretation. The daily achievement is 10 levels. So a level is a level. If you do the daily achievement only, it would take 10 days. But we don't have 10 days, so you'll have to sneak in 29 more levels somehow.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level Up crew

That's not my interpretation. The daily achievement is 10 levels. So a level is a level. If you do the daily achievement only, it would take 10 days. But we don't have 10 days, so you'll have to sneak in 29 more levels somehow.

We are saying the same thing

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level Up crew

That was my interpretation as well.