Home The Bridge
Options

Star Trek day announcement

Comments

• Options
    @Banjo1012 I think your last sentence is contributing to the apparent disagreement: "So this means to get the cheevo you have to bring very close to 10 crew members from level 1 to level 100 in 7 days".

That could be read as requiring almost 1000 levels, when I believe the limited achievement only requires 99, slightly more than the 70 you need for a week's worth of dailies, just as the final scan tier requires 28, while just doing the minimum for the daily that week would put you at 21.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this isn’t related to the coming week but it was in the original ‘Timelines News’ message....

i’m surprised no ones talking about the upcoming mirror collection which i am personally extremely excited for! :smiley:

I looked and I've got 18 immortalized so far. My Emperor Georgiou at 4/5 will make 19. Mirror Spock is also 4/5. I'm guessing he'll make 20 by the end of Spocktober. Hopefully 20 is one of the reward tiers.

The mirror collection will really make my day when it happens. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012 I think your last sentence is contributing to the apparent disagreement: "So this means to get the cheevo you have to bring very close to 10 crew members from level 1 to level 100 in 7 days".

That could be read as requiring almost 1000 levels, when I believe the limited achievement only requires 99, slightly more than the 70 you need for a week's worth of dailies, just as the final scan tier requires 28, while just doing the minimum for the daily that week would put you at 21.

She said it works just like the dailies. In doing dailies level 60 to 64 is not a level up. Level 60 to 70 is. I’m going to say they are not going to give us a legendary citation for leveling one crew from 1 to 100. I could be wrong of course but that is how dailies work and she said it works just like the dailies

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

She said it works just like the dailies. In doing dailies level 60 to 64 is not a level up. Level 60 to 70 is. I’m going to say they are not going to give us a legendary citation for leveling one crew from 1 to 100. I could be wrong of course but that is how dailies work and she said it works just like the dailies

I am very confident you are wrong. Completing the daily mission is not a "level up", and it would make no sense to describe it as such.

Level 60-70 is counted by the daily as ten level ups; that is the example being given of how daily level ups work. Thus, 1-100 would be 99 level ups.

K

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Who is the better choice of those two? Kirk or Uhura?

Laborer Kirk. Mine has been immortal for many months and he’s a phenomenal voyager and excellent for Kirk events. Uhura does feature in the Wild West collection, for what it’s worth.

Uhura also features in the Originals collection ... and IF you want to go far into that one you need to immortalise some real duds (COP Founder Picard, Convergence Day Quark, Dancing Uhura, Augment Picard, 23rd Century Martok, Tucker On-the-Ropes ...)

... All I'm saying, is that she's not the worst option there if you are after the milestone to immortalise 15 crew in that collection (of the 18 currently available) ... :)

But yeah, I'll probably end up going for a second star on a 1/5 Kirk over Uhura (new and I have a 1/5 Rescue Team Uhura already to cover SEC for her events) and McCoy (immortal and frozen) because he is just better overall (outside of collections).

My Kirk and Bones are immortal and my Uhura is only I think 2/5*, so it’s a real easy choice for me. Good point about the Originals collection - that is a tough one for sure.
    I'd also like to say ... I love the fact that they told us already who will feature in the behold (and the achievements) ... this openness of communication around something that they see as a celebration for the game is very refreshing. It has also got me excited for the upcoming week.

Agreed. More communication is maybe the most exciting thing out of everything that was announced today, and hopefully we can keep that moving forward.
    I know this isn’t related to the coming week but it was in the original ‘Timelines News’ message....

i’m surprised no ones talking about the upcoming mirror collection which i am personally extremely excited for! :smiley:

With all the other stuff going on, this did indeed get buried a bit.

Of the 58 crew who currently have the Mirror Universe trait, Mirror Detmer, Captain Lorca, Usurper Lorca, and Mirror Reed are the only crew I don’t have at all and there are 14 others in various states of partial fusion. I’m curious to see where the thresholds will fall (if the top one is 40 or less, I’m golden).

I’m also excited for what the rewards might be. Would it be like the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection where there’s a special 5* crew to be awarded (Mirror Tuvok, Mirror Brunt, Mirror Captain Forrest, Mirror Bareil, or others come to mind)? Would it be a stat-booster collection, perhaps for SEC or COM? Introducing a surprise 5* reward crew would be a really pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t be worried about Arena participation, if I’ve got the ship finished I only do 5 battles.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    An in-game mail regarding the correction is being sent out but because of tribble Friday, you might receive it more than once - sorry about that!

Zero times, I think. Doesn't seem I got the follow up message at all...

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dirk Gunderson

how about Mirror Marlena Moreau as the surprise reward 5*? :wink:

You’ll get zero argument from me there. :)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Who is the better choice of those two? Kirk or Uhura?

Laborer Kirk. Mine has been immortal for many months and he’s a phenomenal voyager and excellent for Kirk events. Uhura does feature in the Wild West collection, for what it’s worth.

I start a 2nd McCoy. His Base Med stats even at 1/5 is 1251(unboosted number),
    but i get that not everyone has the crew slots to do so.

Yes he‘s only 1 skill, but in a recent faction event where he was 2x bonus he was busy as h*ll. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    @Shan

Per the announcement:
    Complete Arena battles
    Tiers 1: 30 battles - get 200 Dilithium
    Tiers 2: 70 battles - get 400 Dilithium
    Tiers 3: 100 battles - get 2x 10-pack premium

is this arena battles or regular ship battles. over the course of 7 days, we get 70 free arena battles.

Are we going to have to buy more arena tickets to finish this?

Arena Battles, so yes if you want the last tiers for this achievement, you will need to purchase additional tickets.

with the exception of arena battles, will everything else be obtainable within the allotted time?

28 scans is 4 scans/day. That's 9 hours/day. So doable. And less if you use an ad on a scan.
    70 shuttles is 10/day. Assuming 4 shuttles that's 3 rounds/day so 9 hours. And if there is an event you can get through them faster.
    99 level ups: Easy enough. FE 1 crew or do a bunch of crew a little bit.
    500 away missions: Minimum 2k chrons without a supply kit. 286 chrons/day. With cadets, voyages, starbase and standard accrual rate this is doable. But a new player may need to be careful in how the chrons are spent.
    100 Arena. You will only earn 70 so you will need to get the extra 30 somehow.

Looks like everything else is doable, but will require a bit more than usual gameplay which I think is a reasonable level to have set for these.

Arena wise u ll earn 80, it‘s 8 days = 10 free tickets per day.
    You just have to make sure to not do any arena battles the day before achievements are live.
    EDIT: Sorry just 7 daily resets, ur correct.

30 add tickets are 450 dilithium(10= 150 dil.).
    But u can earn 1,800 free dilithiumfrom the achievements, so no need
    to spend money for it. 450 „free“ dilithium is still worth
    2x 10 premium packs, which would cost a total of 1,300 dilithium, usually.

The way I see that equation is 450 dilithium = approx. 1400 honour

Until they sort the packs out, they're a waste of my money.
  • Options
    Another game I play allows donations within the equivalent of fleets. There are limits of course but it's a nice way for experienced players to help newer players. You could potentially allow any resource to be donated, as it just moving stuff around. For crew, it could be a mechanism where discarded crew are available to other fleet members before dissapearing.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Several ideas/suggestions
    1) Being able to read a Message from TP and being able to keep it in your Messages folder without having it showing you having an unread message. (If there is an attachment like free chronitons, I understand it may be more complicated to save the message)
    2) A Transmuter Option - Let's you convert merits, honor, dilithium, intel, credits, equipment, components, ship components, boosts, crew experience training, starbase components, etc from one form to another depending on what your needs are.
    3) Add new Cadet Challenges and periodically reset the "claimed" items for existing ones maybe quarterly.
    4) More Episodes - new one quarterly.
    5) Being able to carryover unused Intel until next skirmish event
    6) Option probably in Cryostasis vault to easily see unowned characters
    7) Option to toggle to see your player pool in a behold/begold before choosing which character to select.
    8) Secondary selection for beholds/begolds only if all 3 players are owned and maxed out on stars.
    9) Bi-monthly rotation of characters in Faction Centers and more reasonable costs for characters and items.
    10) Extend immortalization bonus beyond 600 for unique characters. You can't take away what people have done to reach 600 with multiples of the same characters but immortalizing multiple 1* and 2* is kind of not really achieving anything except to reach the present 600 level.
  • Options
    I'd also love to see beholds adjusted to compensate for fuller rosters. Even if it was a single "reroll" you can't take back. They might be a nice quality of life improvement in general, but I could see only having it available if one or all of the characters were FF.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options

Yeah no this is wrong. 10 level ups for the daily achievement is just that, so you can take a crew from level 10 to 20 and be done with the daily achievement
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah no this is wrong. 10 level ups for the daily achievement is just that, so you can take a crew from level 10 to 20 and be done with the daily achievement

Right. And you have to do this 99 times

• Options
    Gib - Admiral MarinersGib - Admiral Mariners ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Daily is use 10 Trainers and take a level up 3 levels.
  • Options

And, for instance, Level 40 to Level 43 counts as three.

Could we PLEASE not argue this into being ten times as much? It's a freaking celebration Event. Let it be easy!!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could we PLEASE not argue this into being ten times as much? It's a freaking celebration Event. Let it be easy!!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

I’m the only one arguing it and as I am wrong about a great many things I wouldn’t worry about it

• Options

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

I’m the only one arguing it and as I am wrong about a great many things I wouldn’t worry about it

I thought several people were saying it. And now I realize it looks like my quote was to single you out. It was just the latest mention of the discussion. Sorry if it looked the other way, Brother!!!!!

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
  • Options
    Banjo,

I can't agree more.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Just catching up with this thread, so a few thoughts...

1. I'm reading it as leveling a single character from 1 to 100 to get the reward. We'll know for sure soon enough.

2. Although I want stars on all 3 of the TOS Behold-ers (and have not yet decided how I'll pick), I would say that Kirk is the better choice for most players that have everyone not-FF. More events, rare skill set (for him), voyages, etc. Uhura's double-collection value is a plus, and McCoy's base score is amazing to cover faction seats even as non-bonus crew, so honestly I don't think there's a wrong choice among them. :)

3. Mirror collection. I literally did the arms-raised-in-victory pose when I read that. I've got a few holes in that group of course, but this is one of two collections that should have been there from the start (along w/ Klingon). Finally! B)
  • Options
    Just catching up with this thread, so a few thoughts...

1. I'm reading it as leveling a single character from 1 to 100 to get the reward. We'll know for sure soon enough.

2. Although I want stars on all 3 of the TOS Behold-ers (and have not yet decided how I'll pick), I would say that Kirk is the better choice for most players that have everyone not-FF. More events, rare skill set (for him), voyages, etc. Uhura's double-collection value is a plus, and McCoy's base score is amazing to cover faction seats even as non-bonus crew, so honestly I don't think there's a wrong choice among them. :)

3. Mirror collection. I literally did the arms-raised-in-victory pose when I read that. I've got a few holes in that group of course, but this is one of two collections that should have been there from the start (along w/ Klingon). Finally! B)

I have Bones Immo, Kirk 1 🌟, and Uhura 0 🌟.

So, I'm still turn between second 🌟 for Kirk or new Uhura.....
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Just tried it - works across any number of characters, and only requires 100 levels - so levelling five characters from 1-21 will suffice.
  • Options
    Completed it in about 5 minutes. 11 x level 1 crew and 11 x blue trainers. Just airlocked them when finished. Sure its meant to be harder than that. :)