From the Picard season 1 finale.

CMD, DIP and SEC.

qrpievesf5hw.jpg

Comments

• Guess Captain Riker would have been too easy? 😆🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess Captain Riker would have been too easy? 😆🤗

It leaves the option to have Captain Riker for any of the times Riker was in command of the Enterprise. BOBW and Future Imperfect both come to mind as possibilities.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    FE/FF level 100 CMD 1276 (199-453), DIP 518 (90-174), SEC 967 (183-357)
    FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 886 (199-453), DIP 293 (90-174), SEC 519 (183-357)

Puts him at the #29 overall Voyager, but that high placement is misleading - four of those above him have the same skillset in various combinations and seven of those above him have CMD and SEC. Combined with no ranked gauntlet or faction pairs, he's disappointingly underwhelming from a stats perspective, IMO. The art is great though.

If you're buying that pack, you're probably either a completionist, a Riker lover, or really want Admiral Kirk or Captain Janeway.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Or because they just want the strongest Riker, so far. :)
    Okay, guess it counts as Riker lover....maybe,
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it doesn’t fit with the New Beginnings / Second Postings theme, but if Janeway (or better yet, Worf) had been Mutated Paris, I’d be in for this pack. I’ve got 2x FF Janeway just waiting for a couple Paris to drop, and I’m getting tired of the wait.

Or because they just want the strongest Riker, so far. :)
    Okay, guess it counts as Riker lover....maybe,

An excellent point that I didn't consider. He's definitely far and away the strongest Riker in the game, and Riker is a fairly common occurence amongst bonus crew.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chef Riker isn’t better?
  • AviTrek wrote: »

It leaves the option to have Captain Riker for any of the times Riker was in command of the Enterprise. BOBW and Future Imperfect both come to mind as possibilities.

Also "Parallels" comes to my mind. Speaking of that episode, how about a First Officer Worf?
    Chef Riker isn’t better?

Not objectively, nope. #157 Overall Voyager, #2 DIP/SCI/MED. But he is unique among Rikers due to his MED skill, so that's a huge point in his favour.

After Zhang He Riker, Riker Odan is the highest ranked from a stats perspective (#77 Overall Voyager, #5 DIP/SCI Shuttle, #5 SCI Base, #4 SCI/DIP/CMD), and Little John isnt too far behind (#101 Overall Voyager, #9 CMD/SEC Shuttle, #6 SEC/CMD/DIP).
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Koloth is still the best CMD-DIP-SEC triplet voyager then? Well, there's still hopes for "Captain William Riker" (Best Of Both Worlds).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I'm surprised (and disappointed) that no one has pointed out that he's wearing the entirely wrong uniform.

f6agdp4dcme7.jpg
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised (and disappointed) that no one has pointed out that he's wearing the entirely wrong uniform.

f6agdp4dcme7.jpg

How do you mean, it's the same as the art ingame.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised (and disappointed) that no one has pointed out that he's wearing the entirely wrong uniform.

f6agdp4dcme7.jpg

Not sure what you mean. That looks like the exact uniform used in the game. https://stt.wiki/wiki/U.S.S._Zheng_He_Riker
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    He means the wrong era. Should be grey shoulders like current fleet.
    However, it could have been an unseen interim version that was current when he retired and he grabbed it to use. Some services have legacy rules, allowing retired or reactivated personnel to grab their old uniform when they feel it is called for. In some cases, it is unofficially tolerated. I've heard stories of WWI vets showing up in their doughboy gear after Pearl Harbor to help.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • He means the wrong era. Should be grey shoulders like current fleet.

Should be grey shoulders like the screenshot, more specifically:

pn9hth53mlbj.jpg
    w6qrawo82n5y.png

I selected that screenshot since it's clearly the basis for the artwork. Except the artwork uniform is clearly red, rather than the screenshot uniform, which is clearly gray.
    However, it could have been an unseen interim version that was current when he retired and he grabbed it to use. Some services have legacy rules, allowing retired or reactivated personnel to grab their old uniform when they feel it is called for. In some cases, it is unofficially tolerated. I've heard stories of WWI vets showing up in their doughboy gear after Pearl Harbor to help.

I think it's far likelier that it's just a coloring mistake. But if it is some unseen interim version, it's either something from the drawing boards or a Timelines Original.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it’s red. My mom loved it when my dad would buy pink sports team gear thinking they were red.
  • oswxuxhg95y7.png
    51l4humdj6sv.jpeg

oops, i thought we were comparing things sorry :tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • oswxuxhg95y7.png
    51l4humdj6sv.jpeg

Mirror Vic?
  • oswxuxhg95y7.png
    51l4humdj6sv.jpeg

Mirror Vic?

at least mirror vic actually has a resemblance to poor James Darren. Now that Vic is in the monthly rewards it might be a fun treat to have his art updated 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    ta08t9qosfl9.jpg

Exactly. Are people actually claiming that this image shows gray shoulders?

91t3hbhdkpx6.jpeg
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    ta08t9qosfl9.jpg

Well played!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • robownage wrote: »

Looking forward to USS Titan Riker and USS Enterprise-D Acting Captain Riker.

+1

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...