Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: First Doctrines - 10/15 - ME#2

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: First Doctrines
Event Type: Hybrid Event Galaxy/Skirmish
Event Crew: Captain Solok 5* (New), Boreth Pike 4* (New), and Nexus Kirk 4* (Existing).
Event Dates: Thursday 10/15 until Monday 10/19 at Noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: T'Pring (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 10/22.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: EV Suit Spock 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
n/a

Bonus crew/ships:
• high bonus: event crew and EV Suit Spock
• medium bonus: variants Solok, Pike, Kirk, and crew with the Vulcan trait.
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Ships:
- Suurok Class Combat Cruiser 2* (Existing)
- U.S.S. T'Kumbra 4* (New)
- Federation Fighter 5* (Existing)

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooray for T’Pring!
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooray for T’Pring!

Would have preferred her as the 4* for an easily-immortalized Vulcan!
  • Options
    Plenty of folks will be springing for T'Pring. Thats most of the Spock Kal-if-fee characters in game then... Kal-if-fee Kirk, Spock, Vulcan Executioner, now T'Pring. No older T'Pau yet.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Hooray for T’Pring!

As I have no 4 or 5* Pike, he will be very welcome ahead of the next Disco Mega or Strange New Worlds' premiere. My level 90 2/4* Nexus Kirk is also pleased.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Hooray for T’Pring!

Looks like that's it on Vulcans. The remaining new crew:
    McCoy (TOS), as well as Leila Kalomi, and Zarabeth (both TOS)

At least we got Sarek as an easy 4* and Spock as a 4/5 to cite cheaply.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Looking forward to the New Pike. Not interested in T‘Pring at all. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Like T'Pol and her accidental Vulcan common law marriage. Her interrogation/not interrogation of Trip for data was gloriously awkward.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, another 4 🌟 new Ship......

😐😐😐😐😐😐😐
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Plenty of folks will be springing for T'Pring. Thats most of the Spock Kal-if-fee characters in game then... Kal-if-fee Kirk, Spock, Vulcan Executioner, now T'Pring. No older T'Pau yet.

T'Pau was mentioned in the announcement, so she should show up soon. I hope they make her a 5*. She deserves no less!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure? I didn’t see her listed.
  • Options
    She's not. If the list order is any indication, a new McCoy will be the 4* with T'Pring. It would make sense considering he's the source of the event title. That leaves Leila and Zarabeth as the Sha-Ka-Ree event crew. Probably the 5* and 4* respectively. Am I the only one thinking that the 1701-A would be the perfect 5* ship for that?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's not. If the list order is any indication, a new McCoy will be the 4* with T'Pring. It would make sense considering he's the source of the event title. That leaves Leila and Zarabeth as the Sha-Ka-Ree event crew. Probably the 5* and 4* respectively. Am I the only one thinking that the 1701-A would be the perfect 5* ship for that?

what if it's the OG 1701 refit?
    ...and what if it's Voyage McCoy??? ;) thanks as always Shan!!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finish my Federation Fighter? Yes!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one-off character as the 5*? Yeah, I know this is a common thing in STT, but c’mon. Nona, Korby, Amanda, T’Pring, and either Leila/Zarabeth... that’s a LOT of TOS one-offs in a short span of time that aren’t vaultable (for most of us). My inner adolescent is quite happy to be getting characters I grew up with, but my older self would prefer a few more reusable crew.

At least we got some crew slots to help absorb them.
  • Options
    Another one-off character as the 5*? Yeah, I know this is a common thing in STT, but c’mon. Nona, Korby, Amanda, T’Pring, and either Leila/Zarabeth... that’s a LOT of TOS one-offs in a short span of time that aren’t vaultable (for most of us). My inner adolescent is quite happy to be getting characters I grew up with, but my older self would prefer a few more reusable crew.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed that the new Pike wasn't a 5*. Oh well, I guess it'll be an easy immortalization. And I won't have to invest much in this event.
  • Options
    Am I wrong in thinking this is the only 4* Pike, though? This is a convenient way for players to have an immortalised upper level Pike, if only a 4*, ahead of SNW premiering and those events starting. In my thinking, this is a great, considerate move on their part. You may not have a 5* Pike (and I don't), but you have something a bit better than the two 3*s.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I wrong in thinking this is the only 4* Pike, though? This is a convenient way for players to have an immortalised upper level Pike, if only a 4*, ahead of SNW premiering and those events starting. In my thinking, this is a great, considerate move on their part. You may not have a 5* Pike (and I don't), but you have something a bit better than the two 3*s.
    EV Suit Pike is a 4*, but he was also in a Tuesday Pack. I think you're right about this being a way to give people a FF Pike in advance of SNW.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed 100%. I’m fortunate to have Captain Pike (4/5*), New Eden Pike (4/5*), and Christopher Pike (3/5*) but I imagine many people were looking at a 3* Tribunal Pike as their only Pike variant for the inevitable SNW event(s) coming next year. I imagine we might see another 4* Spock or two as either a new or existing crew in the next few months, and who knows...maybe we’ll get Relaxed Number One as an existing crew in an event between now and then as well.
  • Options
    I'd forgotten about EV Suit Pike being 4*, but, as it was mentioned, he was a recent Tuesday pack. I'm just starting to try a Tuesday pack here and there.
    I'm closing in on 21 months of play and Tribunal and Acting Captain Pike are all I could muster without this new Pike. Not sure who would be a good surrogate otherwise. Considering Pike can work work in a Disco Mega or a SNW one, this isn't a bad little gift for middle of the pack players. He's FF by the end of the event and he'll probably be either immortalized by then or respectable enough to finish off in a little while doing daily tasks. Definitely a nice addition to my roster, I think.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Totally agree(except for the part of being happy getting them). 👍🏻
    At least we got EV Spock as recurring Mega. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    image0.png?width=1094&height=1094
  • Options
    image0.png?width=1094&height=1094

Is that a TOS: Romulan Bird of Prey to the right of Kirk's head??
  • Options
    The last event is full Skirmish... No second new ship has been announced.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. Trying to post event details in fleet message and fleet chat and it keeps getting censored. How stupid is it that your own event info is censored
  • Options
    It censored me talking about buying discount packs last Friday. I have no idea what the algorithm is, but it must be on something.
  • Options
    The ship is the T’Kumbra, Solok’s ship.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. Trying to post event details in fleet message and fleet chat and it keeps getting censored. How stupid is it that your own event info is censored

Shan can fix that if the words are known.