Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: First Doctrines - 10/15 - ME#2

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ship is the T’Kumbra, Solok’s ship.

He's referring to the vague silhouette below the T'Kumbra and peeking out from behind Kirk's head on the (viewer's) right side.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Next to Kirk's left ear. Looks kinda like a shadowy TOS BOP.....
    🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Love the look of the new Pike, can't wait to get him! <3
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever felt so judged by a card before. I'm sorry Mr. Mount, I don't know I did to deserve this!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

Next to Kirk's left ear. Looks kinda like a shadowy TOS BOP.....
    🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

I think it's just a space rock or piece of exploded moon or something. There's one off the port side of the T'Kumbra, too.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    m3l2bk40wnyw.jpeg
    This is ridiculous. Trying to post event details in fleet message and fleet chat and it keeps getting censored. How stupid is it that your own event info is censored

Shan can fix that if the words are known.

Pike, Kirk got censored. ridiculous

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let Shan know.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding some names being hashed out, it is not censorship.
    And I unfortunately cannot correct all of these in a timely manner at this time.

Please try to remember that these filters are put in place to prevent harm, and protect personal information.

Yes, they need tweaking, and I work on it as I can.
  • Options
    This is getting worse than the game where you cannot use "600k" or "900k" to refer to 600,000 or 900,000 in Chat.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    I let Shan know.
    Shan wrote: »
    Regarding some names being hashed out, it is not censorship.
    And I unfortunately cannot correct all of these in a timely manner at this time.

Please try to remember that these filters are put in place to prevent harm, and protect personal information.

Yes, they need tweaking, and I work on it as I can.

Thank you both :smile:
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, new Pike is a Diplomat and Inspiring which is really a big help to the collections.

Love Pike being a Diplomat. T'Pring on the other hand looks terrible. I don't see any value for her.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yay, new Pike is a Diplomat and Inspiring which is really a big help to the collections.

Love Pike being a Diplomat. T'Pring on the other hand looks terrible. I don't see any value for her.

Actually i think she ‘looks’ awesome! her art is fantastic! :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Artwork gets an A+ from me but the skills are pretty meh. Collector fodder only, which works for me because I’d like to get a copy and hope there won’t be so much competition for that honor.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    As little info as Amok Time provides us for T'Pring, I think her skills and stats are fine. Not necessarily useful to many established players, but appropriate. I agree that her artwork is very nice. I was expecting a folded-hands pose from her "as it was in the beginning" speech, or perhaps even a hand-extended stop-right-there-spock pose, but this is good too.
  • Options
    This is getting worse than the game where you cannot use "600k" or "900k" to refer to 600,000 or 900,000 in Chat.........
    That second one's actually pretty easy, as 9 can look like a g, and it could be used to offend Koreans.

Not sure about the 6, though, unless it's the same reason, just flipped upside-down.
  • Options
    That second one's actually pretty easy, as 9 can look like a g, and it could be used to offend Koreans.

Not sure about the 6, though, unless it's the same reason, just flipped upside-down.

Same reason. Because they look like a racial slur for Asians.
  • Options
    Words matter, but context matters more. 600K isn't code for anything in the context of discussing VP in an event.
  • Options
    Words matter, but context matters more. 600K isn't code for anything in the context of discussing VP in an event.

To decide on its acceptability depending on context they would probably need a human moderator though.
    I mean, it's not like people can't find creative ways to use all the slurs and vulgarisms they want, regardless of filters, but I guess that having filters at least sends the message that it isn't encouraged.
  • Options

Actually i think she ‘looks’ awesome! her art is fantastic! :wink:

To me, she just looks OK. Pike looks reallygood though.🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have to accumulate at least 1 VP in phase 1 to get community rewards? Or can you collect if you only participate in phase 2?
  • Options
    Do you have to accumulate at least 1 VP in phase 1 to get community rewards? Or can you collect if you only participate in phase 2?

Community rewards will be completed by tonight.

I don't think you can wait till phase 2 if the second phase is not Galaxy.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I just now realized that you could add boosts in Galaxy events after playing this game for over a year! :|
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options

I believe you have to participate in the phase that has the community rewards (i.e. Phase 1), just like with a normal/full Galaxy event, when the instructions say something like "Community Rewards available in Phase 1." You're welcome to test it by staying at zero until phase 2 starts, but it's safer to at least do 1 mission. I have 10 points and have Nexus Kirk looking at me above the "Claim" button.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticing that we are only getting about 300 Fed Fighter schematics, rather than the typical 600. Kinda disappointing. Flying around in my new Nebula-class starship is the only thing* providing me with comfort.

* - Ok, maybe not the ONLY thing. But still wish we had gotten more.
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    I just now realized that you could add boosts in Galaxy events after playing this game for over a year! :|

They're not really that useful in supply events. You're only marginally increasing your chances at getting bonus drops; using bonus crew is much more helpful. I'd recommend saving them for faction events.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    So.... finish one build and do nothing until Saturday afternoon? Got it.

If everyone took that attitude the community rewards would not drop. 👍
  • Options

And the software to parse context in all languages and determine when 600K is or isn't allowed is orders of magnitude more difficult than doing a simple word search of the text. People are already complaining about the resources spent on the event hub rather than their favorite bug. Do you really want those resources dedicated to allowing you to type 600K? Or is there a better use of developers time?

I’d rather risk potential insults than have otherwise commonplace words and phrases be flagged by the filters. Relax the filters, let people communicate, and deal with abuses on a case by case basis. I’m not saying there should be zero filters, but I’m certainly not saying we need to divert resources to a more intelligent filter. Outside of UC, I’ve hardly ever seen anyone go off the rails with language in game chat.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it censors "Dix", when I refer to Dixon Hill. I can see what they are trying to censor, but that is also the French word for "ten".
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*