Home The Bridge
Options

Event Hub Feedback

Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in The Bridge
I would appreciate if this tab would have the timer on,
when the nxt event is going to start (like it was before when it only
was the current event tab), so chances are lower that ppl miss an event start.

Before, you saw in Main Screen when an event was about to start,
now u have to click the Event Hub Button.

gn9f15l0zo7m.jpeg
•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also be great to be able to scroll back through all events, just as you can from within the fleet hub, where just your personal/squad/fleet rankings are found.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank Targ we can see where we finished in an Event seven weeks ago......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Thank Targ we can see where we finished in an Event seven weeks ago......

You already could before the event hub, just not ur VP score. ;)
    gc6gmvnszfzu.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned the ONLY event related issue that required improvement was for squadron leaders to be able to set their shared crew before a Faction event starts. I am hopeful the Event Hub either has that feature and we cannot see it because the upcoming event is not a Faction event, or that it will get that feature added soon.

+1. A sneak peek at upcoming events, even if it’s just silhouettes or limited strictly to Mega Events, would be a plus.

My main gripe is that it’s yet again another side-scrolling screen. We had been getting away from those with the updated ships interface but now we’re right back to it. If it were set up like the crew or ship interfaces, where details are on the left (and maybe a button to see the leaderboards) while event pictures and names are on the right in a vertical-scrolling window, I think it would be much easier to navigate.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see the event announcement in game. I usually post it to my fleet and answer any questions about it people have, but, if my keyboard is acting up, the whole fleet suffers. A fleet mate asked about it this morning and I can't do a thing. The keyboard won't appear. It works fine, except for Timelines.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    StrategizerStrategizer ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    leyta2ak7tns.png
    Nice job with the Event Hub! No harm making things a little more visually appealing. Time and a Photo, solid purple is a bit drab. Thanks keep up the new features.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I just don’t see its significance... I would rather actual issues or true players “wants” be taken care of within the game.

Ben explained that this enables future changes. Like mini-events, they were limited to only running it between when the previous event ends and when the next preview goes live. Now they can run the event at the same time as the preview, or even run 2 events at once if they want.

Yes, I get that, and still do not care for it. Imho I’d rather not have two events running at once, especially when it’s a tap fest. That just seems like more to try and do during an already filled time frame (and I get that it’s a choice as always). Like a previous poster mentioned, there are programming options I’d rather see in the game.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would appreciate if this tab would have the timer on,
    when the nxt event is going to start (like it was before when it only
    was the current event tab), so chances are lower that ppl miss an event start.

Before, you saw in Main Screen when an event was about to start,
    now u have to click the Event Hub Button.

gn9f15l0zo7m.jpeg

I set an alarm on my Tablet for every Thursday at 1155. That way I get reminded even if I am doing something else. But, being able to see within the game when the Event is going live does make sense......

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ok, so after my intial disappointment has subsided..

I thought this was going to be something different? If it's going to show my rankings in previous events, could it not at least have an event average calculator added? Something that tells me where I average for events? It could even be refined to show me where I average for different event types.

And if the idea behind this was to possibly run two events at once, then these event Victory Points need to play in together somehow otherwise you're going to have a lot of burnt out players!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like seeing other event ranks for myself and others. Still wish that you could just scroll leaderboards instead of just top people and yourself. I don’t want multiple events going on at the same time, that would make the game much less fun for me.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Not sure if I'm looking forward to overlapping events or a week of non-stop events, but I guess I will just skip some of them. Other than that I don't really have any strong opinions about the event hub.

The only thing I'm wondering is if it might actually lead to a decrease in event participation by very casual or very new players. So far, from Wednesday to Monday there was a clear preview of the current event visible on the screen, whereas now everyone who wants to take part in one has to manually check the event hub first. I know that there's a pop-up when the game starts, but a lot of people just leave it open in the background, so they won't see it.
  • Options
    For the hybrid event could we have the type of the different phases in the event. Even something like S / F would help if the full text doesn't fit.

Instead of the word "concluded" for completed events, could we have medals for the event dependent on your rank and squadron rank? Another nice touch might be different medals for top three in the fleet, top in the squad.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that there's a lot that could be done to improve this feature and if it's just building foundations for that then it's probably a good thing. However, as its stands this feels like a swing and a miss.

One possibility is that for something like a mega event you could have a different, larger set of thresholds that are held in a different event tab which could be good.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the hybrid event could we have the type of the different phases in the event. Even something like S / F would help if the full text doesn't fit.

Instead of the word "concluded" for completed events, could we have medals for the event dependent on your rank and squadron rank? Another nice touch might be different medals for top three in the fleet, top in the squad.

How about participation ribbons too? ;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the other posters. This adds clutter without a lot of actual usefulness. If it’s the beginning of something more usable, great. For now, it’s a downgrade.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the timer added.

Waiting until tomorrow to see the info for the next event before further critiques.

I hope Bylo's idea for posting faction shares before the event start is incorporated soon.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the timer added.

Waiting until tomorrow to see the info for the next event before further critiques.

I hope Bylo's idea for posting faction shares before the event start is incorporated soon.

At this time the event hub will only show current event, and past events.
    Event information for a future event will only be available once said event is announced, this is currently still scheduled for Wednesdays, around noon ET.
  • Options
    It would be nice for the review to show a summary of the point cutoff for the different reward tiers in past events. It would help give an idea of how much effort is needed to reach top 1500 in each type of event.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, the UX/UI guy needs a project to work on because he or she can't really work on the other things that you're going on. you know, separation of duties and all.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!