Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Tick Tock - 12/10 - ME #2

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Tick Tock
Event Type: Hybrid Event Galaxy/Faction (supply missions/shuttle missions)
Event Crew: Sahil 5* (New), "The Colony" Tilly 4* (New), and Mirror Mayweather 4* (Existing)

Event Dates: Thursday 12/10 until Monday 12/14 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Mirror Saru (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 12/17.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Courier Burnham 5* (Existing)

Event Faction: Federation

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew, and Courier Burnham
• small bonus: variants of Tilly, Mayweather, and crew with the Mirror Universe trait.

Comments

• Options
    Galaxy/Faction, interesting.

Did we have such Hybrid ever before, usually it‘s Faction/Galaxy?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Slave Saru is an interesting opportunity for atypical skills, but I'm worried he's going to be a SEC/DIP two-skiller. Although with really solid bases there's a lot of shuttle-use there while I send other crew on voyages.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay another Tilly and Saru!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    star-trek-discovery-season-3-episode-2-review-far-from-home.jpeg?fit=1200%2C802

saru-mirror-foto.jpg
  • Options
    Shan-
    Is the information a typo?
    Is it galaxy in first phase then faction in 2nd? Or the same way as before?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm really beginning to dislike these theme plus unrelated trait megas. We end up with a bunch of theme crew that don't provide any bonus outside of their own event. The mega crew should build on each other to have more bonus crew available in each future event.

I hear you. Glad Mirror Saru will provide bonus for the month.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Not a typo, triple checked, Galaxy/Faction.

Thank you for checking this. I find this to be a little refreshing. I think it's been done before, but it's been so long that it feels new again. As new as the same old event types can be, anyway. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Slave Saru is an interesting opportunity for atypical skills, but I'm worried he's going to be a SEC/DIP two-skiller. Although with really solid bases there's a lot of shuttle-use there while I send other crew on voyages.

If it is Feast Mirror Saru, we can get a new Trait.

Delicious.......

Or a different pronunciation of an old trait: Brat.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ?No bonus for variants of Burnham?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

No, expect for the variant that has the Mirror Universe trait.
  • Options
    I need two more stars to immortalize my Mirror Mayweather, so I look forward to getting a Community rewards copy. Then I have to put in the work to secure a top 5000 ranking so that I can finish him off. Fortunately, he should be useful in the following week's faction event.
  • Options

maybe med when he bathed burnham? :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

I was surprised no bonus for Burnham variants in this event too.

Although on the Timelines Facebook page a gentleman was quite upset about adding a 4th Legendary Burnham with a paragraph "Not another Burnham" comment.

There are 8 Legendary Kirks, 6 Legendary Archers, 10 Legendary Siskos, 11 Legendary Janeways, 3 Legendary Pikes, and 13 Legendary Picards.

No indictments of any of the Show Stars and their 5 star crew count, I like them all. However, I'm not sure why Burnham gets such blowback, she certainly merits a 4th Legendary persona IMHO.

nzf1wkl41gdz.jpg

5 variants: EV Suit, First Officer, Courier, Away Team & The Red Angel
  • Options

Although on the Timelines Facebook page a gentleman was quite upset about adding a 4th Legendary Burnham with a paragraph "Not another Burnham" comment.

There are 8 Legendary Kirks, 6 Legendary Archers, 10 Legendary Siskos, 11 Legendary Janeways, 3 Legendary Pikes, and 13 Legendary Picards.

No indictments of any of the Show Stars and their 5 star crew count, I like them all. However, I'm not sure why Burnham gets such blowback, she certainly merits a 4th Legendary persona IMHO.

nzf1wkl41gdz.jpg

On a personal level, I agree with that tweeter. I want more of every other character on the show except Burnham. She annoys me. Realistically though, yes, she's the star of the show that is nearing the number of seasons that ENT had. (Though the episode count is less than half because that's how we do things now.) Burnham should be on par with the captains of old, especially since her show is still running.

What I found even more interesting is that Discovery now has the most recurring mega event legendaries. DSC (6) just passed TNG (5). VOY has 3, then ENT, PIC, TOS, and DS9 have 2 each. It's possible that I missed someone, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Having current seasons is clearly a driving factor. Hopefully the shows that only have 2 will close that gap in the future. Hopefully Lower Decks will reach the international market and join the fun. It's definitely my favorite active show. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

nzf1wkl41gdz.jpg

5 variants: EV Suit, First Officer, Courier, Away Team & The Red Angel

Red Angel did not come up when I searched for Burnham (sorry about that), like Picard with Galen and Dixon Hill. 🤷‍♂️
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Hopefully Lower Decks will reach the international market and join the fun. It's definitely my favorite active show. :)

I agree it was a great show. It really is a shame that they haven't figured this out so long after its release. I am able to watch Discovery on Netflix which is great. Picard was released on Amazon Video internationally but I couldn't get it in my region for some form of regional rights restrictions.

For the creators and CBS, anyone in those markets that were excluded have likely torrented the files by now. Their loss I guess.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy/Faction, interesting.

Did we have such Hybrid ever before, usually it‘s Faction/Galaxy?

I started tracking event types at event #44 (The Falcon Falls). Tick Tock will be event #235. In that span, we've only had faction as phase 2 in one other event -

#136, To Prove One's Self, Skirmish+Faction

Like PrimeLorca, I was sure we'd seen Galaxy+Faction before, but apparently not in my time as a spreadsheet tracker. I did participate in 24 events before #44, but my notes were rudimentary back then If anyone has info from back in the dusty old days that contradicts this, please share!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully Lower Decks will reach the international market and join the fun. It's definitely my favorite active show. :)

I agree it was a great show. It really is a shame that they haven't figured this out so long after its release. I am able to watch Discovery on Netflix which is great. Picard was released on Amazon Video internationally but I couldn't get it in my region for some form of regional rights restrictions.

For the creators and CBS, anyone in those markets that were excluded have likely torrented the files by now. Their loss I guess.

VPN
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, did anyone else notice that it's a one faction event? That, combined with the Supply-to-Faction timing, I'm thinking this event is going to be brutal.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in a timezone where the events now start at 0.00 hours. And end at the same time. As someone who goes to work at 06.00 this means i basicly always loose the first 5 hours for a faction event (kickstart takes an hour), and a whole round of overnight doubled shuttles. I also loose the last round of shuttles because you need to collect them before the event ends.
    This puts certain regions at a big disadvantage with faction events.
    Some mutiplayer games rotate start times to compensate.

Yep, it starts early in the morning for me too.

Faction as the second phase creates a significant disadvantage for those in that situation. If it's in the first phase, it can be mitigated by being able to send nine-hour shuttles on the second night and leaving some open to run on the third morning. In the second phase, it just means the loss of a lot of time.

Rotated times would be most welcome. I was hoping that midweek events with different times would become a thing, but there seems to be no movement there. Rotating the time of gauntlet would be welcome too - that's another area of disadvantage.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm really beginning to dislike these theme plus unrelated trait megas. We end up with a bunch of theme crew that don't provide any bonus outside of their own event. The mega crew should build on each other to have more bonus crew available in each future event.

I hear you. Glad Mirror Saru will provide bonus for the month.

Well... not exactly. Mirror Saru provides a full event bonus in week three regardless of the mega bonus trait - he's event crew. Then he provides a "mega trait bonus" in week four - just one week, not "the month". Edit: forgot that week four was a full Skirmish - so, the small bonus there is completely moot. Mirror Saru does not benefit at all from having the mega bonus trait this month.

I wondered if the move of the Faction Event to week three was an intelligent design decision (it would be the first in eight months) to allow us to play with all of the toys we'd accrued through the first weeks of the mega, or if it was just a random dart throw. Seems to be the latter, if we review all the trait bonus crew we'll have for the faction. (It's worth including the existing super-rares, as at the current portal dilution level, players for less than two years absolutely depend on these events for getting most crew to 4/4).

Legendary reward for week before the mega: Booker, no mega bonus for the Faction.
    Week one super-rares: Linus and Reinforcement Stamets, no mega bonus for the Faction.
    Week one legendary reward: Sahil, no mega bonus for the Faction.
    Week two super-rares: "The Colony" Tilly, no mega bonus for the Faction, and existing 2017 crew "Mirror Mayweather" - who gets mega bonus for the Faction!

Out of a possible four new crew and two existing, only one existing super-rare crew gets the mega trait bonus in the Faction.

This is not how you set up a mega.

Shan, might it be worth checking with the team and confirming if we are supposed to have a different trait providing a bonus this month?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite his age, Mirror Mayweather is pretty great. He was one of the last non-gauntlet/arena 4* crew I kept out of the freezer for daily use. And any Tilly variants are very much appreciated.

I’ll echo the concerns about bonus crew choices and mega event construction and for two reasons, one for the players and one for TP:

1) As others have said, collecting crew throughout the month and then being able to use them more than just in their own event is great. The sense of participating in an epic month-long story, adding crew as you go, helps tie everything together...chucking your brand new 4* crew into the freezer or out an airlock does the opposite.

2) Having to keep all those useful crew out puts more stress on our crew slots. WRG can either generate more revenue from slot sales or vacuum up more of our merits from thawing and freezing the best available crew. This is my headcanon for why we had such gargantuan bonus crew lists in past Disco megas.

In a similar vein, I have been nonplussed by mega events where there is a limited Faction presence or the Faction event(s) come only in the first two weeks. Even this mega is a little disappointing from that standpoint, as a Skirmish - the least crew-intensive event type - is the final event. I get not wanting to fall into a rut where the mega events start to end up the same in terms of event sequence, of course, but I’m probably not alone in mentally checking out in week 3 or even week 2 of a mega event where just having the recurring legendary and maybe 1 or 2 others will help me coast to the end of the event.
  • Options
    I don't mind when the crew in a mega aren't applicable to the entire event . . . but I certainly enjoy it when they are. And I agree that building up to a big faction event with everyone is great.

Would I give up that big faction even for a second skirmish? Yes. Although I suspect a big faction works better for more people.

For me, the ideal mega would probably look like this:
    1. Skirmish
    2. Faction/Galaxy (or Galaxy/Faction)
    3. Galaxy/Skirmish
    4. Faction

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I'm incredibly glad it's not a faction on the holiday weekend. Don't think my family would take kindly to me interrupting the festivities to turn around shuttles. Skirmish is pretty ideal; as long as you've got your chrons built up you can trade them in for Intel and then start battling whenever is convenient across the whole period of the event.

On the other side of the coin, I don't know if skirmish is the lowest maintenance event type on WRG's end, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was, since they probably don't want to be troubleshooting on Christmas Eve.