Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Tick Tock - 12/10 - ME #2

13»

Comments

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I understand the concerns about the scheduling of events, and even gauntlets for that matter.
    It is something that has been brought up before but we do not have a solution at this time.

For Gauntlets, of course you have a solution. Start the second Gauntlet twelve hours after the first, instead of 24. There's nothing more to it than that.
  • Options
    Latest DISCO episode spoiler:
    looks like the addition of Mirror Saru was well timed!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate you using the spoiler tag. Thank you.
  • Options

:smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I did, as well.

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the same about the new collection added this week and another new character in the same episode.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    I understand the concerns about the scheduling of events, and even gauntlets for that matter.
    It is something that has been brought up before but we do not have a solution at this time.

First i apologize for saying skirmish. I ment faction lol. Only with faction events is there a real disadvantage for certain timezones.

The solution which has been implemented in many multiplayer games which are available and promoted over various timezones are usualy either gradually shifting start times of events so during the course of a year the advantage shifts to other timezones. Or incremental changes in start times, for instance changing start time every month with 2hours would cover the whole 24hour clock.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    I'd say the same about the new collection added this week and another new character in the same episode.

I think pretty inconclusive on that regard yet
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

First i apologize for saying skirmish. I ment faction lol. Only with faction events is there a real disadvantage for certain timezones.

The solution which has been implemented in many multiplayer games which are available and promoted over various timezones are usualy either gradually shifting start times of events so during the course of a year the advantage shifts to other timezones. Or incremental changes in start times, for instance changing start time every month with 2hours would cover the whole 24hour clock.

It would be good to address this issue but the difficulty has always been how. TP starts and ends the events at a time when their staff is all there and can fix any issues that arise in the event. If the time the event starts or ends was changed the staff would have to change when they work which would not be fair for them or have no staff on when the event starts and ends and there is no one to fix the issues which would not be fair to the whole of the players who could not play the event when there was an issue. Maybe TP could give a certain amount of points for people in different time zones. Players most affected would get an extra 16,000 points in a faction. Other time zones would get fewer points. But that too would raise issues of unfairness.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a few events that phase 2 was broken at the start and you know someone was frantically trying to fix it.
  • Options
    Proont wrote: »
    I love my internet sometimes....
    Guess which one is Archer. If you win you get Nothing! And if you lose you also get nothing.
    y2yvnpdkox3a.jpg
    Proont wrote: »
    I love my internet sometimes....
    Guess which one is Archer. If you win you get Nothing! And if you lose you also get nothing.
    y2yvnpdkox3a.jpg

The middle one definitely. It has faith of the heart.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to pick the middle option myself.
    nr7sufi42bqf.jpg
    So close!
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Edit: Should know better to restart the app before reporting a problem. Fixed itself.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    dext74 wrote: »
    Edit: Should know better to restart the app before reporting a problem. Fixed itself.

Problem? You were given the chance to play three-card monte in game.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 minutes into phase 2, is MECHAlobe winning yet?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    30 minutes into phase 2, is MECHAlobe winning yet?

I got 1-1 odds that say he shatters someone else’s dreams this week. Because faction is the last phase there’s no reason to think he won’t.

• Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »

Problem? You were given the chance to play three-card monte in game.

I wasn't referring to yours - sorry - my edit made it unclear. I posted about my own event issue that I too hastily shared before restarting that took care of it.
  • Options
    I root for Mech, he pays the bills and just does his thing.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    vtpwq7k9ylwx.png
    3rmp2zui28tt.png

Event shuttles and bonus didn’t kick in immediately. Thankfully sending the first shuttle reset it and everything started working.