Home The Bridge

2021 Timelines Resolutions

Comments

• Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do 10 pushups or squats for completing every Daily Mission.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

How about I just lug thirty pounds of chicken feed and 75lbs of water every night for half an hour after finishing dailies?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

How about I just lug thirty pounds of chicken feed and 75lbs of water every night for half an hour after finishing dailies?

#Farmlines!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
    edited January 2021
    I think farm kids should be exempt from PE. Yes, I want to run a mile, do sprints, lifts weights, etc. And then go home to do chores, build fence, dig ditches, clear brush, bail hay, and chase escaped stock in the rain, at night, for an hour and then have to patch the hole.
    Nothing makes the gym teacher back off like a hole in your foot with the explanation. "Sheep went missing. Stepped on a piece of wire hunting them. Had to carry a forty pound lamb in a shepherd's carry for a mile and a half up from the creek bottoms in the woods in the rain with a flashlight. No, I don't think I want to play dodge ball."
    I have 3 50lb bags of feed to unload tomorrow. We use about 400lbs altogether of all kinds a week. I get plenty of exercise.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I think farm kids should be exempt from PE. Yes, I want to run a mile, do sprints, lifts weights, etc. And then go home to do chores, build fence, dig ditches, clear brush, bail hay, and chase escaped stock in the rain, at night, for an hour and then have to patch the hole.
    Nothing makes the gym teacher back off like a hole in your foot with the explanation. "Sheep went missing. Stepped on a piece of wire hunting them. Had to carry a forty pound lamb in a shepherd's carry for a mile and a half up from the creek bottoms in the woods in the rain with a flashlight. No, I don't think I want to play dodge ball."
    I have 3 50lb bags of feed to unload tomorrow. We use about 400lbs altogether of all kinds a week. I get plenty of exercise.

My old coach used to say there is gym strong, then there's country strong.
    edited January 2021
    He's not wrong at all.
    One of the farm boys on the football team dislocated his kneecap in the playoffs. The trainer for the city school spazzed when Scott just popped it back in place.
    We grow up early and hard. I had to do chores before catching the bus at seven for an hour ride. I was bottling lambs and rolling the eggs in the incubator in preschool. You do chores from the time you can physically do them.
    I started with feeding the geese. Mom poured the amount of corn in a little bucket and I toddled out on the concrete slab and scattered it out. Those big ganders were nearly as tall as me and were more than willing to raid the bucket if I was slow. I'm still more wary of a goose than any other animal. One had me by the ear once and beat me in the face with her wings. Broke my glasses. I had gotten the job of trying to slip a stray gosling back in the nest. I was seven and the only one whose arm fit.
    I could do anything I needed to, including drive and work on a tractor, by twelve.
    Farm kid versus city kid. One brags about the $25k car they got at sixteen. One has been operating a half million dollar combine since they were ten. I know this is specifically true. The neighbor boys were ten and twelve and their dad had them filling grain wagons while he drove them back to the farm. The older one used a tractor to move the wagons and the younger one ran the combine controls to fill them. The combine was a brand new John Deere. (I remember distinctly because I broke the younger one's nose that year. It put an end to his teasing and picking fights. Nothing settles a hard headed boy down like getting his face busted by a girl three years his junior.)
    I had a professor that used to send me to deal with the occasional duck that wandered into the building from the pond across the street. People would freak out, some even ran lol!, and they would call the maintenance department. Dr. Shea would see what was going on and look over and say "Go see to that." She'd pause the class. I'd catch the duck with an audience watching from doorways and cross corridors and walk outside, petting it, take it back to the pond and come back to class. I even got applause a few times- tossed my baseball cap over one's head like ring toss to stun it so I could get close and a mallard duck was flying around and I netted it with my coat. You do it enough and you know all the tricks. I've wrangled everything from button quail (a chick is the size of a bumble bee; an adult is close to a tennis ball) to cattle and draft horses.
    A farm upbringing makes you all but bomb proof. You deal with everything from midwifery to fires and explosions.
    Loud boom. Listen. Not on your farm. Not in direction of quarry. Think. Sounds like it was over on Borgman's place near the silos. Yep. Think the opening sequence of Enterprise with a spark from a grain dryer instead of a disruptor. There were TWO combine fires the same DAY within a dozen miles of us. Dierkman's was closer to town, but Hicks' was just up the road. The community was juggling equipment to help them get what they still had out in. I didn't get pulled in this year, but I have in other cases. I was about nine when I helped make hay for Mr. Saringhaus after his stroke. I'm very skilled with smaller, antique equipment. I collect and restore Ferguson tractors and implements.
    Timelines is my break and long awaited reward. I actually like Faction events. They give me regular breaks to collect and launch shuttles. Between a rollover wreck of our pickup and doctors' appointments Mom has for her leg, I'm behind at the farm and I can, at least maintain order and control of my ships and crew. I'm going to have to try winterize the one chicken house by myself. I didn't get the metal on this fall and Mom can't help even to put the plastic up. Oh, well, I think with a piece of 1"x2" and a staple gun, I will manage well enough.
  • There are going to be a lot of ticked off people about no honor sale... I was already upset that there was no Christmas sales, like the 12 days of Christmas in 2019.

People have saved up carefully, this may cause some to quit the game.

Things like this have made my resolution be not spending another penny
  • Of course paying down my HUUUUUGE Honor Debt would be nice. An Honor Sale would most definitely be appreciated & start the New Year off right.
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
    Of course paying down my HUUUUUGE Honor Debt would be nice. An Honor Sale would most definitely be appreciated & start the New Year off right.

I think someone said it would be next month or later before we get one. I'll likely top 500k by then. Maybe 600k.
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Of course paying down my HUUUUUGE Honor Debt would be nice. An Honor Sale would most definitely be appreciated & start the New Year off right.

Nuff said that the sale would come in handu depite not clearing much
    gb5wvp3xucib.png
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No honor sale in January or February.
    Let’s fly!
  • Agreed that there is no Honnor sale related to CD festivities - but there is sound reasoning for that. WRG Ben teased a lot of up and coming things over the next month or so....watch out for a update from Shan later today!

He also said that the Honor sale would make more sense a little further done the road (or that is how i understood it)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were lots of cool things Ben hinted at and many additions and collections coming. I am looking forward to them. Many are coming January and February. I think it will be good.
    Let’s fly!
    Since they told us to hold on to our premium packs, I wonder if that was partly why they held off on the honor sale. No sale, so we'd sit on the packs.
    I did the math on the Klingon collection. 86 crew with the trait. I have 28 immortal already, 12 more fully fused, and 30 beyond that in a lesser state. I love collections.
    I am intrigued.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Adjust my expectations.

2. Play the game for what it is & do my best to reach my personal goals.

3. Be entertained.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Well, January is in the books. How is everyone doing?
    I surprised myself by finishing 2 of my 7 and making good progress on a couple others. I just updated my original post with specifics. I hope everyone else is happy with how they are doing.
  • Well, January is in the books. How is everyone doing?

Firstly congrats @W.W. Carlisle for knocking a few of yours off already! Well done B)

I haven't cleared any of mine but I am getting closer to a natural 9hr voyage so that's some progress!

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
    Soooo clooose, @Steph loves Voyager ! It reminds me of a Voyage I had to recall about 3 seconds before 8hrs, when I was still working towards that.
    I added a star to Arachnia and got an Agent Janeway in about a 36 hour period about a week ago.
    I've been looking hard at collections that offer help to my lacking base skill areas- ENG and MED. One more Vulcan will get MED from the 25 milestone, as would two Borg, for 10. If I had finished Icheb during the innovators or Amb. Sarek during cultural figures, I would be much better off.
  • 1 get to lvl 99.
    2 get AOS Picard.
    3 have fun.
    Very nice. I'm about to finish the Punk and have all of those caught up again.
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    I like the idea of this post a lot.

My Timelines goals for 2021 are the following:
    -Earn my 20,000 gauntlet round achievement and finally get Locutus (Currently have about 17,450)
    -Obtain all available 4* crew, there are only 22 I dont have overall.
    -Earn top 50 event finish achievement.
    -Obtain my two most wanted crew USS Zheng He Riker and Age of Sail Picard.

My first update to my goals here, I hit 20k gauntlet rounds rounds finally have Locutus. Very happy with that.
    As for obtaining all 4* crew, the retrieval system is very helpful is seeing only in portal crew, so I can see that there are only 7 super rares in the portal that I do not have, so I am inching closer to completing that goal and immortalizing a couple a week.
    As for my other goals, I am still saving resources for my top 50 attempt and waiting for a portal update for the new crew.
    edited April 2021
    It's mid-April. Who's made progress or finished a goal?
    I finished-
    *I got my 40% immortalized the day before my birthday and am gaining on my stretch goal of 50% this year.
    *I picked up a second Gauntlet exclusive, Caretaker, in the Gauntlet to keep Guinan company.
    *I reached 9:30 voyages and even one 10 hour already.

Yet to get:
    *Have ten crew with over 1000 base for each skill. Progress: Science has my fourth highest 10th place with a FE Dr. Culber 4/5 fielding 1092. My top eight ENG and seven MED are over 1000. My Engineering roster has a lot of promise and can probably reach this if I finish some crew. Tenth place is currently Safecracker Nog, Immortal, at 990. But Medicine... It's A struggle. Tenth is Combat Medic Paris with 969. None of my remaining unimmortalized crew with Med will displace him. Fully Equipped, Medic Reno 1/5*, Mycielial Culber 1/5*, EMA 1/5*, and Wyatt Miller 1/5* will push into the top ten and push Paris and maybe a couple more out. I need to look at a couple other 5*s at 2/5 or 3/5, like Homesteader Janeway. I will have to get lucky at the portal, pick up someone from a Campaign, LTO, Event, or discount pack to do this one. Currently the Top 10 is: Bones McCoy 5*, Q as God 5*, Dr. Soji Asha 5*, Dr. Hugh Culber 4/5 FE, Rev. Phlox 5*, Tanis 4*, Lothario Q 5*, Nanoprobe Phlox 5* Lvl80, Midwife Worf 4*, and Medic Paris 4*.

*Have a gold immortal of the main character for each series.I needed three until last month and finished two. I still need an Archer and have a 2/5* at best. Fingers crossed for a Mega or Campaign. I have Rura Penthe Kirk, Mirror Picard, High Roller Sisko, Determined Janeway, Courier Burnham, and Pupcard.

Have a gold, even at 1/5* of all the main cast and major reoccurring. I still need a gold Shran, and crew from both Disco and Picard where the selection of golds is limited or non-existent. I got very lucky and managed to knock Sulu, Quark, Ezri, Neelix, Kes, Reed, Georgiou, and Detmer off this list by the end of last year. All within the last month or so! Got Tribble Scotty in February. Honored Owo was an Honor Sale addition.

Get the ranked gold in an Event other than a Skirmish. I've got it in the last three Skirmish/Skirmish hybrids. I MIGHT have gotten Adira if the competition hadn't been so fierce. I had about 50k over the usual 1500 amount, but the playing was just too hot.

Three done and four to go.
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mid-April. Who's made progress or finished a goal?

Always making progress :) Well done to you @W.W. Carlisle on your achievements!

I have:
    - Finished Episode 7 and "Infinity" at Epic, with Episodes 8, 9, 10, and "Celestial Temple" still to go - waiting on the right Crew Retrieval polestars to land in my lap so I can target crew for these nodes;

- Completed "Spit & Bailing Wire" at tier 3 (thanks Mirror Scotty!) - I had completely forgotten about this...!

I didn't list this originally as I thought it was way outside my capabilities but with recent good finishes in Galaxy events, I think I might add "Finish in the top 1,500 in an Event" as a new goal for 2021.
    I would guess that you are stuck on "Feed A Fever" for Ep.8. Kilana was who cleared it for me. Dominion Dukat and the purple Weyoun just couldn't do it for me.
    I still have some of the Away Missions to clear and one space battle. I'll get them eventually. You are ahead of me that way. It's A reminder that I should look at some of the episodes and see what I can do. I picked up a crazy bunch of new crew during the sale. I may have some of who I needed before.
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I'm actually hoping to get Changeling Martok as he can clear 3 of my 5 outstanding nodes according to my DNA sheet - not a super attractive card but if he can clear those nodes plus hit 2 collections he might be worth it. If I can get a Klingon polestar I could guarantee 100% in Crew Retrieval.

EDIT: I feel like I should thank @cmdrworf and @klobetime for their time & effort with the DNA Checklist without which I would not have been able to work the above out (as easily, anyway) - thank you!
    He does sound like a good choice in those terms. I have him and forgot he has the Dominion trait. Oops. There isn't A lot of call for that normally.