Home The Bridge

Quantum Currency?

ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
Is that new or is there already an in-game item called quantum currency in the code?
n4qbz1c23gyo.jpg

Comments

• Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems new.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next Update?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe part of the new addition of the first quarter of 2021.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not new. I've seen it before. There is also a stream that mentions Chakotay sometimes too.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Quantum is latin for amount.

Hence Quantum Physics just means Amount Physics. It comes from when Einstein realised that light came in discrete packages rather than continuous waves. Each package (or photon) was one Quantum of light.

In legal terms, The Quantum means an amount of money, e.g. a fine, compensation or costs.

So a Quantum currency just means an amount of money, probably one Federation Credit in STT.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's not an impending form of currency. The game already has five: Credits, Chronitons, Merits, Honor, and Dilithium. Star Trek Timelines needs a new currency about as much as it needs a third Ferengi faction.

Hurray! New Ferengi faction. Nice gift, TP!
    😉
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's not an impending form of currency. The game already has five: Credits, Chronitons, Merits, Honor, and Dilithium. Star Trek Timelines needs a new currency about as much as it needs a third Ferengi faction.

Hurray! New Ferengi faction. Nice gift, TP!
    😉

Finally the Moogie Faction we always wanted. Latinum and Clothes!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, “quantum currency” just makes me think of Rick and Morty.

ulhalf15ob2m.jpeg

I immediately thought of that, and superfan superhero Scott Lang.......

tqlodr1xa8td.jpg

Oh I saw that Paul Rudd movie. It was good especially this scene:

w7vcdjlef8sp.gif

Wait, that's just a scene from the MST3K episode Mac and Me. Why aren't the three silhouettes in the bottom right corner?
    Farewell 🖖
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantum will be a new currency for the new feature. Interstellar Medium will be another new currency.

It has something to do with getting new crew. We'll get a preview next month with the feature launching the following week.
    The choice to add TWO new currencies is not one that i fully understand. Looking forward to the preview of this feature to see how it will work.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    The indication was that at least one could be saved up without spending real money, so there will be some ways to get it in game.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    The choice to add TWO new currencies is not one that i fully understand. Looking forward to the preview of this feature to see how it will work.

I assume it‘s to generate more revenue. Everyone starts at 0, so you probably have to buy the new currency if you want to pogress faster than others.
    But we‘ll see.

It‘s not a bad thing in general. TP has to earn money and offer new ways/game modes to lure players into spending. If the new game mode is great and well balanced, it‘s a win win for both sides.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    The indication was that at least one could be saved up without spending real money, so there will be some ways to get it in game.

I give them the credit that we never got to buy merits directly outside the campaigns. But just because they are not obtainable with cash at their release does not guarantee that it stays that way.

Very likely it will devalue dil. I am glad that I have not saved up any (only 1100 currently).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    I'd rather they found us something to do with VIP points after tier 14 before they added another currency .

Yeah. I think all of us that have made it to the “end game” were hopeful that there would be some kind of carrot dangled to keep us here.

From a revenue standpoint, it makes sense for them to focus on changes that will attract and keep new clientele engaged with the game. Im sure new people are more likely to spend than veterans that have established, well rounded rosters.

Veterans also probably constitute a minority of the active players. The one thing veterans do to help wrg/tp is to teach new players how to navigate this complex game. We will see what this new feature is soon enough, hopefully it is appealing to both rookies and veterans, but only time can tell. Im hopeful for now and i will eagerly await the details.
  • I think I'm about a 3 year veteran. I'm happy to spend money, just need them to give me an incentive. More legendary or a 10 X x10 pull full of airlock is no incentive anymore. Something new might be very intriguing and tempting.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading the summary of the timelines talk someone posted on Reddit, and looking at other features similar games use, I think it's going to be something you get from pulling a pack that lets you buy currently featured crew at a fixed (but high) price. Don't expect too much from this, it's more of a "sure why not" feature rather than a game changing one, seeing how it works elsewhere. That would be another currency you have to save up for months to get some legendaries.

I could be wrong but that's my best guess.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds a lot like honor. What is going to happen to the crew in the honor hall?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just give us more ways to spend our existing currency...
  • This game needs extra currency as much as I need a hole in the head. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Without mouth and nose holes people couldn’t breathe. Without ear holes people couldn’t hear. Without holes in the skulls for eyes people couldn’t see. So people do need holes in the head.

Touché 😂
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I saw that Paul Rudd movie. It was good especially this scene:

w7vcdjlef8sp.gif

I appreciate this deep Conan cut...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!