Home The Bridge

So, "MACO Mayweather"?!?!? {EDIT: No Longer 1000th Crew}

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
Is Mirror Mayweather not already a MACO?!?!?

They definitely got my curiosity up, for sure!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down. It's ironic that most non-existant character from the show the devs have said they like the least is getting the 1000th slot.

I'm just hoping that he's a SEC beast.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    accxfw7bxvgn.jpeg

I think this it will be this version of Mayweather from the mirror universe episode.

Oh. Before the transfer of command! Didn't think of that!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a rare and we get 1 copy for free? :D
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    accxfw7bxvgn.jpeg

I think this it will be this version of Mayweather from the mirror universe episode.

It'll 100% be this since it's the cover photo for his Memory Alpha article. DB is notorious for using these photos for their art.
  • I just don't know where to begin with this choice TP :lol:
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Is Mirror Mayweather not already a MACO?!?!?

They definitely got my curiosity up, for sure!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖

What a total joke, really TP that's the best you can come up with Maco Mayweather the 1000th character?

Listen to Ben talking about it. I think it is okay. But Ben listens, so send out suggestions for 1100th player. Naomi Wildman would be my choice.
    Let’s fly!
  • edited January 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    They always give unwanted cards as freebies, then keep the most wanted cards for Tuesday packs or to cause events to become high-spending bloodbaths. I am surprised it's not a Wesley! haha

I didn't see anywhere that we were getting a free copy. Just that it would be the thousandth card?
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    They always give unwanted cards as freebies, then keep the most wanted cards for Tuesday packs or to cause events to become high-spending bloodbaths. I am surprised it's not a Wesley! haha

I didn't see anywhere that we were getting a free copy. Just that it would be the thousandth card?

We got 1 copy of the 500th free... so people are assuming we’ll get the same
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Webberoni wrote: »

We got 1 copy of the 500th free... so people are assuming we’ll get the same

Yeah. You know what assuming does in this game.

And Ming ain't too happy about it!!!!!!

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
  • I think Mayweather will be the first Mirror crew to have two copies! (not sure if Lorca counts...I personally only count Usurper Lorca as the true Mirror version but that’s just me) 🖖

Captain Level 99

• @Prime Lorca [10FH] I never said I didn’t want any more Lorca versions in the game :wink:

Captain Level 99

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    I’m holding out for Prime Lorca to turn up in Strange New Worlds

Me too. I can only hope WRG is holding out for the same reason.
    Between MACO, Mirror, and Mounting Climber I'm probably going to be using him more often than the ENT writers did. ;)

Those dang writers.

"Hey, let's make Mayweather a world-class spelunker, to make him interesting."
    "Hey, let's have Mayweather go caving or mountain-climbing in this episode."
    "You know what? It'd be more interesting if he got hurt or had a medical emergency!"
    "How about this time, he has an accident AND then another medical emergency?"

I think they missed out on more with his Boomer story arc. It would have been much more interesting than Reed ever was. And I say that as a fan of Section 31 stories. Several missed opportunities with that series, not the least of which being seasons 5, 6, and 7.
    Farewell 🖖
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Between MACO, Mirror, and Mounting Climber I'm probably going to be using him more often than the ENT writers did. ;)

Those dang writers.

"You know what? It'd be more interesting if he got hurt or had a medical emergency!"

I think they missed out on more with his Boomer story arc. It would have been much more interesting than Reed ever was. And I say that as a fan of Section 31 stories. Several missed opportunities with that series, not the least of which being seasons 5, 6, and 7.

Man, the plot ideas I've heard for season 5 were gangbusters. Manny Coto really was a great addition and was starting to turn the ship around.

But ya, Mayweather's character was so interesting and ended up being such a missed opportunity. We got, what, one episode that actually delved into the boomer stuff?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Those dang writers.

Man, the plot ideas I've heard for season 5 were gangbusters. Manny Coto really was a great addition and was starting to turn the ship around.

But ya, Mayweather's character was so interesting and ended up being such a missed opportunity. We got, what, one episode that actually delved into the boomer stuff?

There were two boomer episodes- "Fortunate Son" and "Horizon". I just rewatched the first one at about midnight.
    I imagine Travis climbed all over the ship as a kid and translated that to rock climbing, since he could do that on most planets he visited.
    There is a popular theory on my Enterprise group, and I think it makes sense. We speculate that his bones are a little thin, because they kept the gravity on Horizon at .8g and he breaks legs because of it. If it is a coincidence, it's a convenient one.
    The baby Elizabeth issue would have been interesting. She would have lived, if they had been renewed. I expect Trip's family would have had her.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Those dang writers.

There were two boomer episodes- "Fortunate Son" and "Horizon". I just rewatched the first one at about midnight.
    I imagine Travis climbed all over the ship as a kid and translated that to rock climbing, since he could do that on most planets he visited.
    There is a popular theory on my Enterprise group, and I think it makes sense. We speculate that his bones are a little thin, because they kept the gravity on Horizon at .8g and he breaks legs because of it. If it is a coincidence, it's a convenient one.
    The baby Elizabeth issue would have been interesting. She would have lived, if they had been renewed. I expect Trip's family would have had her.

Makes perfect sense about the bones. Definitely would have been nice to get more Boomer episodes. Especially how different it was for them, traveling months, or years, to places the Enterprise could go in days. Good example of how Warp numbers were exponential. Even a spin-off set on a Boomer freighter could have had potential......

What always gets me is when Mayweather (who is the helmsman) figures out how to pilot an alien craft so . . . . someone else can pilot it.

This minimally happens with Suliban and Xindi shuttles, and I think there's a third instance of this as well.

Yeah. And the "excuse" Archer had was always the same. "I need you to drive the Enterprise." There had to at least be one person trained as a relief helmsman. And, did the Enterprise not have three duty shifts? Was Travis always driving?

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Those dang writers.

Makes perfect sense about the bones. Definitely would have been nice to get more Boomer episodes. Especially how different it was for them, traveling months, or years, to places the Enterprise could go in days. Good example of how Warp numbers were exponential. Even a spin-off set on a Boomer freighter could have had potential......

What always gets me is when Mayweather (who is the helmsman) figures out how to pilot an alien craft so . . . . someone else can pilot it.

This minimally happens with Suliban and Xindi shuttles, and I think there's a third instance of this as well.

Yeah. And the "excuse" Archer had was always the same. "I need you to drive the Enterprise." There had to at least be one person trained as a relief helmsman. And, did the Enterprise not have three duty shifts? Was Travis always driving?

Mayweather should have Tom Paris'd the conversation and "I'm the best pilot and this is where you'll need the best pilot."
    Farewell 🖖
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the best pilot. If things go bad he needs to be at Enterprise's helm for the good of the ship and majority of the crew.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*