Home The Bridge

So, "MACO Mayweather"?!?!? {EDIT: No Longer 1000th Crew}

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite Mayweather episode is when he goes to visit his mom and we see him with his family on the ship he grew up on. Great episode.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    There should be 5-10 others who can pilot Enterprise. Two of them should be comparable in skill. The gulf between Mayweather piloting unfamiliar tech and one of the others would probably be substantially wider, due to Mayweather's background with different technology. That's what makes sense in my head, anyway.

Well said. Travis has probably been inside more than one alien smallcraft over the years, because of his background.

My favorite Mayweather episode is when he goes to visit his mom and we see him with his family on the ship he grew up on. Great episode.

Great episode. Both Boomer episodes were well-written. The Boomers kidnapping a Naussicaan was also good.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the best pilot. If things go bad he needs to be at Enterprise's helm for the good of the ship and majority of the crew.
    This is a reasonable explanation, especially for the Xindi episode where he does fly the first mission, and Archer only steps in for the suicide mission. But I'd be more accepting of this if there were a several examples of Travis piloting alien craft - especially when they go to the trouble of establishing how difficult it is.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    But he frequently talks about the other planets he had visited. Trellius Prime, Draylax, etc. He's probably been aboard more alien ships than anyone else aboard, except maybe Phlox. He likely struck up conversation with any alien pilot he met.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I honestly expected the pick to be Data and Spot. People would lose their mind over that crew, given the pet-crazy culture currently. And it is one majorly obvious crew they haven't yet done.

I find this choice a little puzzling, but it is what it is.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • I think TP should have made 'Amoeba' the 1000th character. It was a groundbreaking episode.
    I think TP should have made 'Amoeba' the 1000th character. It was a groundbreaking episode.

Another for the Critter Collection l keep suggesting!!!!!

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Webberoni wrote: »
    They always give unwanted cards as freebies, then keep the most wanted cards for Tuesday packs or to cause events to become high-spending bloodbaths. I am surprised it's not a Wesley! haha

I didn't see anywhere that we were getting a free copy. Just that it would be the thousandth card?

We got 1 copy of the 500th free... so people are assuming we’ll get the same

Also, least people forget, that 500th was a lot more useful than people originally realized! Unconditional Sledgehammer with six second initialization.....

Mine is still on my Dorka Dorka Ferengi Yeehaw!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Mayweather will be the first Mirror crew to have two copies! (not sure if Lorca counts...I personally only count Usurper Lorca as the true Mirror version but that’s just me) 🖖

Emperor and Section 31 Philippa Georgiou.
  • I think Mayweather will be the first Mirror crew to have two copies! (not sure if Lorca counts...I personally only count Usurper Lorca as the true Mirror version but that’s just me) 🖖

Emperor and Section 31 Philippa Georgiou.

Ah yes! but I only count Emperor as the true ‘Mirror version’ personally
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Well, based on this thread I watched the two Boomer episodes over the weekend - I enjoyed them. It's a real shame they didn't renew ENT for a fifth season.
    I'm surprised there isn't A garage kit of the refitted NX or a conversion set for any of the model kits.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    edited January 2021
    I'm surprised there isn't A garage kit of the refitted NX or a conversion set for any of the model kits.

Amazes me. There was an Abbe PT Destroyer adapter kit almost as soon as it appeared in Jackal's.....

ij26ck0w6tit.jpg

shipschematics.net
    I have the big 1/350 kit to build of the NX. I got it for Christmas or a birthday when I was in college and haven't had the time to start it.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, based on this thread I watched the two Boomer episodes over the weekend - I enjoyed them. It's a real shame they didn't renew ENT for a fifth season.
    They had so many cool ideas. Even if they only got to half of them, I think they would have had a great fifth season.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    edited February 2021
    Am I right in thinking Mayweather will be a non-standard distribution (I.e. giveaway, achievement et c.) or am I missing something?
    #995 Soren 5*- Ranked 5* "God of Thunder"
    #996 Sord 5*- Tuesday pack Feb 9
    #997 Salia 4*- Threshold Reward "The Power of Love"
    #998 Punk Rocker 2*- Threshold Reward "The Power of Love"
    #999 Wyatt Miller 5*- Ranked 5* "The Power of Love"

#1000 MACO Mayweather 5*

I thought they said he WOULDN'T be a pack crew?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Captain Idol doing the math in another thread and Mayweather ended up being the ranked reward for week 3 of the Mega (assuming they add a new 2* or 3*, which they usually do once a Mega). But I think he did those calculations before they started adding event crew to the Vault a week early, so that would probably change the calculations.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure he'll be in that Tuesday pack on the 16th with some temporary achievements like Homesteader Janeway.
    Farewell 🖖
    Pretty sure he'll be in that Tuesday pack on the 16th with some temporary achievements like Homesteader Janeway.

The Tuesday pack is number 999.
    robownage wrote: »
    I remember Captain Idol doing the math in another thread and Mayweather ended up being the ranked reward for week 3 of the Mega (assuming they add a new 2* or 3*, which they usually do once a Mega). But I think he did those calculations before they started adding event crew to the Vault a week early, so that would probably change the calculations.
    I was hunting that table of his to check after it occurred to me that it had come out before the release of the second Adira was announced. I think that might have made things a bit wonky. Didn't find it, so I worked the above out. I'm pretty sure they said he wasn't in a Tuesday pack too.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps there will be a free Mayweather distributed by in-game mail or through a special offer in the time portal?

Perhaps there will be a free Mayweather distributed by in-game mail or through a special offer in the time portal?

IIRC, the overlooked Sledgehammer {#500} was an ingame mail. Maybe a copy that way, and Achievements for extra stars? ⭐?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    #997 Punk Rocker 2*

Carry on.
    Farewell 🖖
    #997 Punk Rocker 2*

Carry on.

#998 Actually, Salia will be #997. Her pack will be available the day before he comes up in thresholds.
    It is now looking like Mayweather will be a pack card. I hope we get achievements too.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then wouldn't Wyatt be 999?
    He is. Then, MACO Mayweather is 1000 and looking a lot like a Tuesday pack.
    He is. Then, MACO Mayweather is 1000 and looking a lot like a Tuesday pack.

Hopefully like Homesteader Janeway. Wasn't she Tuesday Pack, and then Achievements? Kind of sad to make a milestone Crew be RNGesus based.....