Home The Bridge
Options

Honor sale remedy

it seems to me that an easy remedy to this situation is to eliminate honor sales entirely.

This is a petition to permanently alter the honor hall by bundling begolds with legendary citations as a “package buy”.

I would recommend keeping the price at 50,000 honor, but if you have other ideas include them below.

Basically, this idea stems from the perspective that Ben offered yesterday about not wanting there to be a “sale” calendar or predictability, but also wanting players to spend resources more consistently with less hoarding.

So, I say lets eliminate the reason for hoarding and do a modest adjustment to honor hall prices, and commit to eliminating honor sales (as we have seen them in the past) forever.

Otherwise people will never stop hoarding and hoping for an honor sale, then becoming disgruntled when there isnt one.

Feel free to choose other, but please be detailed with your alternative proposal and keep in mind the reasons Ben/wrg dosnt like scheduled honor sales, and try to find a compromise.

Thanks!

Honor sale remedy 83 votes

Yes, eliminate honor sales and permanently bundle legendary citations with legendary begolds for 50k honor
54% 45 votes
No, I want to sit, wait and hope that one day eventually there is an honor sale
32% 27 votes
Other (describe below)
13% 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I mean...there is probably a middle ground between those two options?

Ok, there are three options though, so feel free to pick option 3 “other” and suggest an alternative.
  • Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Ben said there will be another sale, they just don't have one planned. Personally, I don't mind waiting, it just means I'll have more honor when they finally do.

Even if they where to make the change, as @Cpt_insano_2k1 suggests, it would mean that a lot of players "hoard" their honor for portal updates; similar to what a lot of players do with premium pulls.

While I would *absolutely* love a roadmap, from WRG, with things like sale dates (even if it means that they are wrong from time to time), I still prefer having an honor sale as opposed to not having it.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    We also need to see what this new feature will be. Ben implied that it would make getting crew easier. That may change our approach to, or need of, honor sales.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if "Remedy" is the best word here though. Them deciding to wait to have an honor sale later isn't a harm they are inflicting. It was my choice to save.

I expect "remedy" is used in the context of the deeper honour debt problem which the sale partly addressed. There would be less demand for the sale if the issue wasn't so significant in the first place.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Normal costs are way too high. The sale prices should be normal, as should crew slots (rather this be eliminated though).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d post pretty much what I commented with in the other topic: make sales regular, frequent, and limit the spending cap. There are other good ideas, like what Lorca posted about focusing more on beholds than citations, but any idea that drastically reworks the in-game valuation of citations, beholds, or straight crew drops on a continuous basis is probably never going to happen...taking the sale price for a behold and making it the every day price is a non-starter from the developer’s point of view.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of having only one more sale, but afterward lowering the cost of items in the honor hall.

It's not a flashy solutions, but it is simple.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest issue is that small and middle range players cannot afford to sit on honor and accumulate it to build up their crew whereas we larger players have many good legendaries and can wait. It would be good for TP to find ways to get more honor in low and middle range players.

That is an interesting concept. The only way I see that working would be to give more honor for dailies or something like that. Which would also benefit higher spenders, just not as much proportionately as it would lower spenders. Can you think of another way to do this without offending the spenders?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I'm happy with the suggestion and i know we're getting more then at present for 50k honour but if this is the way forward can it not be lower, 45k should be the highest possibility but why not 25k......it can be a belated Christmas present.
  • Options
    Attitudes to this will vary on the level of the player. I can make mpre honour than a player half my level(82) as i have more immortal crew so will consequently airlock far more super rare and lower crew. To.give the lower level players a better chance of saving some honour for a sale and to not upset the higher levels and spenders, how about if you get 200 honour for airlocking a super rare crew, you also.get 200 honour when you immortalise them. That way higher levels get it because they airlock more and lower levels get it because they need to immortalise more.
    Or just leave well enough alone. I'm.happy with that.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Well, if there is a sale calendar, let's say once a year, and the maximum amount you can spend in that sale is set, let's say 100k honor, there wouldn't be reason to stockpile more than 100k a year (which is way below the normal earning)
  • Options
    Given there are two sometimes 3 new legends a week.... citations should be 10k honour. Gold beholds should be 8k. Unless they revamp voyages to get older golds and put more golds in storylines to achieve them. Maybe make older missions refresh each month so we have to complete them again with new rewards. It will make the game more interactive.
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I think the biggest issue is that small and middle range players cannot afford to sit on honor and accumulate it to build up their crew whereas we larger players have many good legendaries and can wait. It would be good for TP to find ways to get more honor in low and middle range players.

That is an interesting concept. The only way I see that working would be to give more honor for dailies or something like that. Which would also benefit higher spenders, just not as much proportionately as it would lower spenders. Can you think of another way to do this without offending the spenders?

Many smaller players are spending their honor on things higher lvl players do not, like training boosts, replicator rations, green and blue citations, etc. TP could give out a large amount of these to every mailbox. The high end players could not complain they were slighted because everyone got them but it would mainly only help low end players.

TP could also give a large amount of honor to new accounts when they are started which would hopefully bring in new players as well as encourage older players to start alt accounts.

TP could also eliminate the need to unlock cadet missions. That would help smaller players.

TP could also have contests that reward players but that has different tiers of rewards for player lvl. This would be hard to setup though and could make others angry if lower tiers had better rewards. It would need to be communicated ahead of time by TP why they were doing this to prevent much of the anger but not all. TP could give higher lvls rewards that they would like that would not help newer players much, perhaps some of the new currencies coming.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Many smaller players are spending their honor on things higher lvl players do not, like training boosts, replicator rations, green and blue citations, etc. TP could give out a large amount of these to every mailbox. The high end players could not complain they were slighted because everyone got them but it would mainly only help low end players.

TP could also give a large amount of honor to new accounts when they are started which would hopefully bring in new players as well as encourage older players to start alt accounts.

TP could also eliminate the need to unlock cadet missions. That would help smaller players.

TP could also have contests that reward players but that has different tiers of rewards for player lvl. This would be hard to setup though and could make others angry if lower tiers had better rewards. It would need to be communicated ahead of time by TP why they were doing this to prevent much of the anger but not all. TP could give higher lvls rewards that they would like that would not help newer players much, perhaps some of the new currencies coming.

I started a new account around May. I can tell you that you're right about training boosts, and possibly replicator rations to a lesser extent. Honestly, the cadet thing is a drop in the bucket. I like it being as-is for its sense of achievement. The real thing though, is this addresses new accounts vs old accounts more than VIP0 vs VIP14. You did give me an idea, though. Giving out citations or beholds periodically would be more impactful to lower spenders.

I don't mean to be overly critical. I guess I need to understand what you mean my bigger vs smaller accounts. Is it newer vs older or low spender vs big spender?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about daily tasks and their accompanying rewards that are different per player levels. IE, maybe the tasks/rewards are tiers - players level 1-20 get this set, 21-40 get this.

Lower level players can get more credits and trainers, and higher level players can receive less of those things-- and etc. Itd be an interesting balancing issue.

And then the tasks themselves could be different based on crew depth and ability. Take something like the gauntlet rounds temp achievement -- make it play 10 rounds a day for lower level players but for upper level player task tiers it becomes WIN 10 rounds.
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »

How about daily tasks and their accompanying rewards that are different per player levels. IE, maybe the tasks/rewards are tiers - players level 1-20 get this set, 21-40 get this.

Lower level players can get more credits and trainers, and higher level players can receive less of those things-- and etc. Itd be an interesting balancing issue.

And then the tasks themselves could be different based on crew depth and ability. Take something like the gauntlet rounds temp achievement -- make it play 10 rounds a day for lower level players but for upper level player task tiers it becomes WIN 10 rounds.

I like those concepts for helping newer players catch up and incentivizing them to continue playing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I started a new account around May. I can tell you that you're right about training boosts, and possibly replicator rations to a lesser extent. Honestly, the cadet thing is a drop in the bucket. I like it being as-is for its sense of achievement. The real thing though, is this addresses new accounts vs old accounts more than VIP0 vs VIP14. You did give me an idea, though. Giving out citations or beholds periodically would be more impactful to lower spenders.

I don't mean to be overly critical. I guess I need to understand what you mean my bigger vs smaller accounts. Is it newer vs older or low spender vs big spender?

By bigger and smaller accounts I mean captain lvl, high or low.
    Let’s fly!