Home The Bridge
Options

Bye Bye Straight Drops

13»

Comments

• Options
    But it is only on the regular premium packs, not any of the special ones.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a double straight drop in a Tuesday pack of the two old (and Frozen) purples the last time.
    In six packs, I had a straight drop of Georgiou, the double drop of Odo and Zarabeth, three straight drops of Odo, one extra behold for the final star on Arjin, and one pack with NONE of the event crew. It was Test Pilot Archer, Lore, and Liaison Torres (I think it was her- I saw the center choice was froze and immediately looked at the other two options). I don't even know how that last one happened.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I like the change, though I fear I'll get fully-frozen purple beholds now instead of straight drops of fully-frozen crew. But at least the chance is higher to get one I haven't FF yet. So, overall, thanks, it's a good change that makes a lot of sense and shows that TP/WRG cares about players.
    As a next step, can we have some improvement for FF beholds, e.g. re-rolls and/or a way to get a cite instead?
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it is only on the regular premium packs, not any of the special ones.

Which is the big problem. Would definitely help the "pain" if your Immortalized 4🌟 Event Crew gave you a chance at someone else who needs 🌟s........

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    It'll still be frustrating when getting a crappy pull with dud schems and blue crew. I'm pleased to see the back of the god awful straight drop but they should really up the percentage chances for purples seeing as there are so many.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    It does make it marginally easier to try and build duplicate cards (assuming that's someone's thing). The odds just went from 1 in 400 (or whatever we're up to) to 3 in 400 that you might catch the card you need. ;)

I guess this officially answers the riddle about "something players have been asking for since the beginning of the game". As far as I'm concerned, this is a good change. Let's collectively try not to nitpick it too much.

This is good news for my collection. :D
    wuny742hofap.png

Tremendous 🤣

She was my first duplicate. Love her character ❤
    This is wonderful! Let’s all celebrate!

440bci90xdhv.gif

Is it sacrilege to post... the "other one"... on a Trek page? 🤔😉

Before anyone jumps on me, I like both. 🤪

That’s my bad. Must have clicked on the wrong celebration video to get a Star Wars one. Let me do a different celebration gif.

0fipgi8vklet.gif

Well played 👏 🤣
    IceCat wrote: »
    It does make it marginally easier to try and build duplicate cards (assuming that's someone's thing). The odds just went from 1 in 400 (or whatever we're up to) to 3 in 400 that you might catch the card you need. ;)

I guess this officially answers the riddle about "something players have been asking for since the beginning of the game". As far as I'm concerned, this is a good change. Let's collectively try not to nitpick it too much.

This is good news for my collection. :D
    wuny742hofap.png

Tremendous 🤣

She was my first duplicate. Love her character ❤
    This is wonderful! Let’s all celebrate!

440bci90xdhv.gif

Is it sacrilege to post... the "other one"... on a Trek page? 🤔😉

Before anyone jumps on me, I like both. 🤪

That’s my bad. Must have clicked on the wrong celebration video to get a Star Wars one. Let me do a different celebration gif.

0fipgi8vklet.gif

OK...

Now you are just making BOTH communities angry...

😂😂😂
    What if when you got a super rare behold, if you had them all immortalized it would give you a second super rare behold and if you had all them immortalized too it gave you a legendary or a legendary behold. Then people would have to max every super rare.

I absolutely love this idea. Finally, my obsessive collecting and immortalising of all crew would produce a great reward 😅
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and it would force people to buy event packs to finish these crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not follow. 2 FF purple beholds in a row are no rarity but rather normal. How does this force anyone to finish every crew?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not follow. 2 FF purple beholds in a row are no rarity but rather normal. How does this force anyone to finish every crew?

You would want to continue to be able to get legendary pulls by having two all immortalized super rare beholds in a row. In order to do that you would have to finish every super rare you get in faction and skirmish events where you only get a 3/4. You would have to buy event packs instead of airlocking the 3/4.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be an incentive. I'm starting to get three useless purple crew in a behold here and there now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

You would want to continue to be able to get legendary pulls by having two all immortalized super rare beholds in a row. In order to do that you would have to finish every super rare you get in faction and skirmish events where you only get a 3/4. You would have to buy event packs instead of airlocking the 3/4.

Mhhh I guess I would not. This sounds much too generous. For me like every 20th purple behold is not FF, I would take the "risk" of a useful purple tbh. I use to cite event crew for Factions. Those few from Skirmishes need to hit the portal first to be a "threat", and if they dropped I would be glad to finish them. I never airlock 3/4 though, and I forgot that others do.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    This is definitely helpful, and I can appreciate the change. But what would be cool is the creation of a "power pull" behold / begold that would guarantee at least once choice that a player could use (if applicable). I'm down to about 20 purple that need stars, and 16 purple not in my roster yet. I can always spend honor to finish the first 20, but the last few have been a challenge to get. Nothing more frustrating than getting a behold with all three crew already immortalized.

I'd spend 50K on a "power" behold knowing that at least one SR crew would either +1 an existing card, or add a new one to my stable - and maybe even 100K for a "power" begold. We can leave the other "random" ones alone, as they are designed for folks who need a lot more crew than they have.

The "power pull" would not be available if you happen to be one of the folks who have immortalized all available SR (or legendary). No sense spending honor on something you can't use.

The actual cost is up to TP/WRG, but it might just work - save up enough honor, get rewarded with something useful.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely helpful, and I can appreciate the change. But what would be cool is the creation of a "power pull" behold / begold that would guarantee at least once choice that a player could use (if applicable). I'm down to about 20 purple that need stars, and 16 purple not in my roster yet. I can always spend honor to finish the first 20, but the last few have been a challenge to get. Nothing more frustrating than getting a behold with all three crew already immortalized.

I'd spend 50K on a "power" behold knowing that at least one SR crew would either +1 an existing card, or add a new one to my stable - and maybe even 100K for a "power" begold. We can leave the other "random" ones alone, as they are designed for folks who need a lot more crew than they have.

The "power pull" would not be available if you happen to be one of the folks who have immortalized all available SR (or legendary). No sense spending honor on something you can't use.

The actual cost is up to TP/WRG, but it might just work - save up enough honor, get rewarded with something useful.

Just a thought.

The idea of a power behold has some merit, but the cost as you suggest would require some serious downward adjustment to interest me. For instance, why would I hand over 50k in honor for a super rare behold that only guarantees either a new SR or an additional star to a partially fused SR when I can go to the Honor Hall and get a SR citation for 18k? I know you are including the chance of a crew not held, which honor can’t buy, but the cost is way too high in my opinion. I have similar concerns for your suggested pricing for begolds.
  • Options
    If they apply it to Event Packs, there would be an uptick n pack sales.......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    My twelve single pulls were anti-climatic (3 of 4 pulls in a row were Sous-Chef Sisko; 2 of 4 in a row pulls had EV Suit Tuvok; weird).

But the four 10-packs really got my blood pumping. Three Beholds and two Begolds, only one of which was a waste (all immorted; no reason to dupe). There was a second behold that would have been a waste, but one choice was Indignant Seven so...

All in all— got one new Legendary, a third star on a Legendary, a fourth star on a SR, and a second star on Indignant.

Just having the choice was pretty great. I am sure the old way would have netted me maybe one useful SR and LEG, so this new behold change at least gives us some control over our roster.

I’m sure I’ll end up buying some more packs, so it worked out for WRG/TP as well.
  • Options
    Opened 15 packs, got 4 begolds!!! :) All 4 had all options already immo'd. :| Sigh, we REALLY need that reroll option for 5*s....charge honor, dil, credits, merits, any, all...something. There is 0 incentive to buy any more packs for me.

I'm confused why everyone thinks we should have to pay for a fair BeGold........

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking this as well.

I do wish it effected other pulls, as well. Getting a behold instead of a straight purple drop from merits would be very appealing.

I have about a dozen SRs for uncompleted collections, and a handful of such crew I haven't obtained yet. (And about the same for SR in completed collections that may be expanded at some point.) I was sort of resigned to slowly filling them in . . . but now it feels far more doable.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened 15 packs, got 4 begolds!!! :) All 4 had all options already immo'd. :| Sigh, we REALLY need that reroll option for 5*s....charge honor, dil, credits, merits, any, all...something. There is 0 incentive to buy any more packs for me.

I'm confused why everyone thinks we should have to pay for a fair BeGold........

Maybe perhaps it is more likely to happen if they "monetize it."
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

I agree. I only had a few 10x premium pulls, but all of them yielded characters I already have immortalized. Until/unless TP changes something where a behold/begold will not give you duplicates of something you have FF and/or immortalized, and/or have some reroll option, I will save my money and not spend.
  • Options

Maybe perhaps it is more likely to happen if they "monetize it."

I guess. Looks like the new owners are a subsidiary of the company that does one of the other games I play on Facebook......

• Options
    I've been playing since the end of 2018 now, and this is probably the best change after the Arena update.
  • Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    There is one change that affects 5-star drops and was not mentioned either in the announcement or so far in this thread. It is now possible to get a 5-star behold in those pulls that drop the guaranteed card in the first slot.

Previously, those were the pulls that could only be a straight drop of a 4-star card, the worst possible outcome for a pull. It is still a relatively minor benefit to endgame players with deep rosters (a significant portion of the playerbase at this point), but it *is* a boost to the chances for obtaining a 5-star card from the premium packs. Pulls dropping a 5-star behold in the first slot still behave the same as before otherwise, so if that begold pops in the first slot, it is the only behold the pull can yield.