Home The Bridge
Options

Crew Slot Sale – PLEEEEEEAAASE!?

Between events, giveaways, promos and temp achievements, we have been inundated with a large amount of crew over the last month or so (I say way above average), and for many of us – no where to put them! I know some (including myself) have golds languishing in the e-mail inbox because there are just no extra slots, and it has been quite some time since we had a slot upgrade/update!

Then there's the Adira fiasco, giving a lot of us yet another "extra" unscheduled gold to find room for.

Please WRG - PLEASE?
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I have 70k merits and 42 million credits I want to go through, but need new slots in order to keep whoever I get.

I third a crew slot sale.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    I’m done getting my hopes up with this game. I’m not thinking of quitting (at this point) but it’s like the dabo wheel, don’t get your hopes up, don’t have anything to be disappointed about. I’d love to be wrong, I really would but we’ll just wait and see what’s coming....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be low on crew slots too even though I bought 30 slots to go with the 10 we got in the last sale. Crew slots are always short.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried the Crew Slot Sale and Honor Sale folks are going to have a West Side story snap battle.

And then we play basketball together, I think? It's been a while since I saw that.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I have nearly seventy free crew slots. I genuinely don't understand how people struggle for them. Is it that you're averse to spending honour on cites?

Plenty of people have been hoarding honour for a sale, so that’s part of it. Even then it’d take months worth of honour to FF just one 1/5, so buying cites doesn’t suddenly fix the problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    robownage wrote: »
    I totally get that people want to hoard honour - I'm one of those, sat on a pile of it. But I'm not going to complain about a lack of slots because of something I've chosen to do and when there are solutions to the lack of slots...

Either spend the honour - in the past I've spent honour on 3* citations just to make room! Or get rid of some of the decrepit 5*s - you will never catch them all!

Not everyone has the same objectives in this game. For some, one of the primary objectives IS to catch them all. And the limitations on crew slots are a serious impediment to that.

But to say 'there is a lack of crew slots, give us a solution' (slot sales) when there is already a solution (cite or airlock) is imho a little strange.

There are plenty of things wrong with this game which players have offered solutions for. Crew slots is not one of the things that is wrong - it is part of the game and with proper use of resources it can be managed. One cannot say 'I have no slots' whilst at the same time hoarding the honour, that would give one more crew slots, in anticipation of a sale.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I totally get that people want to hoard honour - I'm one of those, sat on a pile of it. But I'm not going to complain about a lack of slots because of something I've chosen to do and when there are solutions to the lack of slots...

Either spend the honour - in the past I've spent honour on 3* citations just to make room! Or get rid of some of the decrepit 5*s - you will never catch them all!

Not everyone has the same objectives in this game. For some, one of the primary objectives IS to catch them all. And the limitations on crew slots are a serious impediment to that.

My objective is to "catch them all" ... but I've not got any crew slot issues ... currently 237/260 (some even taken up by the Binars for fusion purposes) ... I'm one of those in the camp of, I don't understand this constant lack of crew slots for many players, haven't had issues in 2-3 years, even though I haven't been as "clinical" this last while ... see below.
    I've stated many times here ... I've not airlocked a crew I don't have immortalised since airlocking the copies of Riley Fraizer I got in her event ... back in mid-2017 ...

My solution has been to just freeze all 5*s that don't see regular work (as well as every single 4*). Example:
    Yesterday, I froze Bell Riots Bashir even though I have more than enough space ... My #7 MED base for active crew, totally outclassed on voyages by a multitude of MED crew, not used for anything outside of a sporadic Bashir/Augment event, not even for tier-3 crew voyages during busy faction events.

My shortlist of crew I'm looking at to freeze are: Garth, Humanoid Figure, Admiral Forrest, Etana Jol, Suspiria and a couple more will be added to that in the near future.
    I already have 14 5*s frozen (9 are 3-skillers) - of 70 total immortal 5*s.

Criteria are: Voyage use, gauntlet use, overall usefulness ... High bases don't cut it if you're not used elsewhere and if I have a multitude of other options (e.g. Scrooge Data is just as good as Humanoid Figure ... and Data's more useful to boot for voyages, events etc.).

Now granted ... I don't have the time in real life to rank each event and have stopped buying campaigns ... so my influx of crew has reduced a bit ... but not buying the campaigns has also reduced my chances of adding stars to 5*s I already own (opening fewer packs) and hence helping them one step closer to the freezer and I don't have that 5* citation anymore either.

Just freeze immortal crew ... it is liberating ... I still get 10 hrs each voyage for every skill combo at all times ... I still do well in events, gauntlet, daily stuff etc. etc.
    Anyway, in my opinion, a more relaxed approach and a different way to play.

This is another thing I assumed all players do. Freeze your immortals and unfreeze them at event time. I also keep out the gold's that get regular Voyage or shuttle work. I unfreeze for events. Or am I going to be told that people also averse to spending merits these days?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I started playing I have always believed that the number of free crew slots should be a rolling % of the total number of crew, since this is a card collecting game first and foremost. I've beat the drum for regularly scheduled updates for a variety of things, one of which would be free crew slots 2-4 times per year, as a result of so many crew being constantly added to the game.

I do a pretty good job keeping slots clear, either by purposefully avoiding top-1500 finishes or freezing crew. I personally refuse to spend on crew slots (other than the first few tiers that were purchased with credits or minimal dilithium), even when there is a sale. Having said that, I certainly don't begrudge any players who are asking for a slot sale so they can spend their in-game currency to deal with an issue that has - admittedly - been caused at least in some degree by the foundation upon which the game as built.
  • Options
    This is one of the only collection games I know that don't want you to collect. Everything cost money, crew slots, chronotons unless you want to wait 24 hrs to recharge, and why is there an inventory cap? So you can lose good items

Yes, this has always been a shocker for me. I think it boils down to them trying to drive the fuse, level, and freeze format. But its pretty much shooting themselves in the foot because now a days my event participation basically hinges on my willingness to accept yet another 1/5 to my ranks.

It would be pretty cool if you could freeze any level crew member regardless of the number if stars they had. And then you could unfreeze and continue making progress with fuses/equipment building at your own pace.

Yeah there are a lot of things that could change that would make this game better. Not sure any of them will happen but they have always puzzled me with some of their choices
  • Options
    I did have a thought shortly after I posted this. Since WRG didn't have the "regular" addition to crew slots as we have seen in Decembers past, I got to thinking maybe one of the things our new currency format (Interstellar Medium) might be directed at crew slots and other things like that.

Only time will tell, but I am encouraged to see what things they have in mind and how we will be able to earn this new currency.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have already had this back and forth several times. Most players need crew slots. A few players do not. If those few that do not need crew slots want to give a detailed explanation of how they achieve this without spending inordinate amounts of dilithium or mass airlocks it would be helpful. Then we could have a better dialogue instead of just going round and round.

Agreed. I loved @RaraRacing's thoughtful response and actually went and froze a few crew because of it.

Thanks ... as you wrote that I was actually busy writing a thought-experiment post on someone who I have active but who's "value" I rate fairly low when compared to other crew I own. Anyway, see my post above for additional info. :)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did have a thought shortly after I posted this. Since WRG didn't have the "regular" addition to crew slots as we have seen in Decembers past, I got to thinking maybe one of the things our new currency format (Interstellar Medium) might be directed at crew slots and other things like that.

Only time will tell, but I am encouraged to see what things they have in mind and how we will be able to earn this new currency.

"Earn" it? We already know how.....

💵💲💵💲💵
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nearly seventy free crew slots. I genuinely don't understand how people struggle for them. Is it that you're averse to spending honour on cites?

This is not a troll. :)

Edited to add; also at the last honour sale I did that honour piñata thing. Kept only card that were tier 3 and above > main cast > cards I really appreciate

I have about 100 duplicates of 2/3/4* crew that could be airlocked. I have about 90 immortalised 4* crew that could be frozen, so nearly 200 spare slots. That is more than some players have altogether.

Base crew slots are currently 130. I doubt any player has seventy free with only the base slots.