Home The Bridge
Options

Crew Slot Sale – PLEEEEEEAAASE!?

Comments

• Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the problem, 1500/3000 dilithium for 5 extra crew slots does not even keep up with all of the legendary crew that are released in a month. 1 legendary/week from events, plus one or two more from tuesday packs/month.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you mean Rara about freezing legendaries that are less useful. I have reluctantly done it with a couple two skilled legendaries like Degra and T’kuvma. The issue for me and others is the difficulty being able to immortalize legendaries so that they can be frozen. Like with my Ru’afo I could freeze him as I got him 4/5 from the mega and added a citation during that mega. But to do it I would need a replacement. I have a Assimilated La Forge that I was able to get to 4/5 with random legendary beholds. I could make him 5/5 with a citation but he is voyage rank 162. He is better but is he better enough to spend a limited citation on? Maybe cause he is part of a collection. But that just gives me one spot and to get it I lose a 5/5. What do I do with my 3/5’s and 2/5’s. You don’t want to airlock them but can I get additional stars for them without citations? That is where I get stuck.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you mean Rara about freezing legendaries that are less useful. I have reluctantly done it with a couple two skilled legendaries like Degra and T’kuvma. The issue for me and others is the difficulty being able to immortalize legendaries so that they can be frozen. Like with my Ru’afo I could freeze him as I got him 4/5 from the mega and added a citation during that mega. But to do it I would need a replacement. I have a Assimilated La Forge that I was able to get to 4/5 with random legendary beholds. I could make him 5/5 with a citation but he is voyage rank 162. He is better but is he better enough to spend a limited citation on? Maybe cause he is part of a collection. But that just gives me one spot and to get it I lose a 5/5. What do I do with my 3/5’s and 2/5’s. You don’t want to airlock them but can I get additional stars for them without citations? That is where I get stuck.

This is why I don’t like raw voyage ranks...when you’re choosing who should fill a voyage’s ENG slot, you’re not looking at all 161 of the people ahead of La Forge in the game...you’re looking at the dozen or so with better ENG and the handful that have better ENG and COM, then comparing trait matches. And that’s if you have Captain Braxton, Laborer Kirk, Amelia Earhart, and who ever else is on that very short list.
  • Options
    A slot sale would be amazing, I always buy a couple every sale, I don’t have an amazing crew, I have 5 ff 5s and enough greens and blues to do the tasks, I airlock all 4s ASAP and I just don’t have enough slots to try and keep all the purples and golds that aren’t FF.

I think that whilst there are players that will happily spend a fortune on the game, there are a lot who will only spend on the daily card and the game needs both types of players, plus the ones who generate income through watching videos.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I don’t like raw voyage ranks...when you’re choosing who should fill a voyage’s ENG slot, you’re not looking at all 161 of the people ahead of La Forge in the game...you’re looking at the dozen or so with better ENG and the handful that have better ENG and COM, then comparing trait matches. And that’s if you have Captain Braxton, Laborer Kirk, Amelia Earhart, and who ever else is on that very short list.

I agree 100%. I couldn’t care less about overall voyage numbers. Sure, Braxton is a beast, but the fact he is #1 overall (unless he has been supplanted - see, I have no idea) has absolutely zero bearing on that for me. In fact, I would rather have EMA or Myc. Both of them make FAR more voyages for me.

I care about primary, pair and traits when judging a crew’s voyage beast-ness.
  • Options

I agree 100%. I couldn’t care less about overall voyage numbers. Sure, Braxton is a beast, but the fact he is #1 overall (unless he has been supplanted - see, I have no idea) has absolutely zero bearing on that for me. In fact, I would rather have EMA or Myc. Both of them make FAR more voyages for me.

I care about primary, pair and traits when judging a crew’s voyage beast-ness.

It is true my Braxton doesn’t make many voyages. His skill trio doesn’t lend itself well to as many voyages as I would like. But when it does he is helpful. Especially with that saboteur trait.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now or soon™️ would be great, thanks.

i7m21ps3tjyi.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now or soon™️ would be great, thanks.

i7m21ps3tjyi.jpeg

It's definitely ongoing, no matter how many Slots we have. They fill fast. I had like right open between Events a few weeks ago. Now three open ones!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    curving their spending

curving?

Anyway. Would appreciate a sale soon as well. I'll be adding 35 slots whenever the next one happens.

But in agreement of what's been said above, because of all the new "sales" that allowed us to mass-acquire cards I think a free 10 slots would be the minimum that could be done.
  • Options
    Judging TP's actions, i wouldn't be surpirsed the next sale would be 2000dil for 5 crewslots. Just to make it a bit unpredicatble.
  • Options
    So no free slots for this mega? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we get free slots for every mega event in 2020?
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no free slots for this mega? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we get free slots for every mega event in 2020?

No, there were only 3 crew slot sales in 2020, February, May and October.
    Ben announced on our stream last week that there is a crew slot sale coming later this month.
  • Options

No, there were only 3 crew slot sales in 2020, February, May and October.
    Ben announced on our stream last week that there is a crew slot sale coming later this month.

And usually we get free crew slots with those
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The latest development they've implemented shows that the game is degenerating into a card collecting game. They need to expand the game with new game modes, new missions, new WAYS to use your crew. It's becoming absurd how it's now just a game of shuffling your crew in and out of cryostasis because of a constantly bottlenecked crew cap.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I don't need more crew slots. I need a way to freeze this army of FE 1/5's I have that haven't seen a second star in years.

Indeed. I could easily free 100 crew slots.

Edit: I just checked. 128 crew at 1/5*. I didn't bother counting the others.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I don't need more crew slots. I need a way to freeze this army of FE 1/5's I have that haven't seen a second star in years.

Indeed. I could easily free 100 crew slots.

Edit: I just checked. 128 crew at 1/5*. I didn't bother counting the others.

84 1/5*s and a dozen non-FF 4*s. I agree more with @barrydancer , although I will be getting extra slots going forward (if I do keep playing past March) along @DavideBooks ’s model for crew management. It makes sense to me now.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    uebermind, This has always been a card collecting game.

Does TP know that?
  • Options
    dext74 yes. about 1.5 hours into the latest timelines pod cast Ben from WG said it was a Card Collecting game.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 yes. about 1.5 hours into the latest timelines pod cast Ben from WG said it was a Card Collecting game.

It's a question I ask frequently when this comes up -- because so many of their choices act contradictory to the idea that it's a Card Collecting game. There will be things happen or designed in the game that act like the CCG aspect is secondary to... what exactly? I'm not sure. I'd say game play, but there's so much that makes it seem like game place is secondary to... again, I'm stuck. There has felt, for at least a couple of years now, a real identity crisis about what Timelines wants to be versus what it's trying to be.
  • Options
    A crew slot sale would be great. Also honor sale...
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    A crew slot sale would be great. Also honor sale...

Preferably in that order. No point me having no space to grab some begolds!