Home The Bridge
Options

Faction Event discussion thread: Fireside Stories (flashback) - 01/28

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in The Bridge
The event hub is now showing not only the active event, but the next one as well.

This thread replaces the "Key info" thread that would have been posted on Friday.

Event notes: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17450/faction-event-notes-fireside-stories-flashback-2021-01-28/

Comments

• Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caldos IV Crusher? Sign me up. I wish I hadn't used all my DIL trying to get that darn cat!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will stats be posted for advanced crew as normal on Starfleet Communications?
  • Options
    So i assume nxt Mega theme is Romantic? Great art btw. 👍🏻
    ej21k9fpkp3l.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ej21k9fpkp3l.jpeg

Great art. And I'm down for a Romantic Mega.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Can we all agree that episode was weird? She falls in love with a ghost that dated all the women in her family but also killed them. But then how did they have children so the line of her ancestors continued? Didn’t anyone in the village notice? Did the ghost only date em when they were older? Then he wasn’t a ghost but an entity. TNG women had really bad taste in men.

As i remember it, the ghost didn t kill them. In fact the ghost was responsable that they had a long joyful and fullfilled *** life.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big thanks to tp/wrg for utilizing the event hub for this purpose. Its cool and appreciated.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like having the info about the next event on the first day of the current event, and actually making use of the event hub to share it in-game. However, the popup for a totally different event that greeted me prior to coming onto the forums was really confusing the first time!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Crusher falls at #2 right between Juliana Tainer and Homesteader Janeway in terms of SCI/MED/DIP Voyage power (#32 overall), but her strong bases put at her at #3 behind Dr. Culber and Dr. McCoy for SCI/MED shuttles.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Can we all agree that episode was weird? She falls in love with a ghost that dated all the women in her family but also killed them. But then how did they have children so the line of her ancestors continued? Didn’t anyone in the village notice? Did the ghost only date em when they were older? Then he wasn’t a ghost but an entity. TNG women had really bad taste in men.

As i remember it, the ghost didn t kill them. In fact the ghost was responsable that they had a long joyful and fullfilled *** life.

I thought the ghost fed off their life force. I guess I will have to watch the episode again. It was a real head scratcher.

If event hub could keep showing next week’s event early...

f7hwznqmd9fe.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Should Caldos IV Crusher have the Starfleet trait? Didn't she quit for that?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a major improvement for early unvaulting purposes, thank you Shan and now we know what the event hub redesign was for!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    It would be really appreciated if the event notes could continue in the OP going forward, even if they're edited in later in the week. Many times I've gone back to old threads for informational purposes and having to rely even more on the wiki or 3rd party sources for information isn't ideal.

I have linked the event notes in the OP, and can do that for future event discussion threads as well.

Wunderbar! Thanks.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    ej21k9fpkp3l.jpeg

Oh God, I just thought of something. What if the recurring legendary is the Sex Ghost? That would be more attention than that episode deserves.

yxl0nm9662b6.jpg

Oh, they would never do a Mega Recurring that is a one-shot!!!!!!

😆😆😆😆😆😆
    😀😀😀😀😀😀
    😁😁😁😁😁😁
    😄😄😄😄😄😄
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Now I think they should. What skills and traits should he have? Ghost guy should have skills of diplomacy primary, science secondary cause he is connecting to humans with his entity creepiness and maybe security cause he got mad at the end and turned scary. Maybe he should go after other entities, like dating May the fungal entity. For traits I guess romantic, entity, xenobiologist.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely one of the weirder episodes, but in a funny way. It seems to be particularly loved by the fanfic Trekkies, for I think obvious reasons. Gates McFadden recently had a great call back to this episode on Twitter; well worth a minute of people's time. :D

And if I'm recalling correctly, the alien used the biochemistry of the women in her family as a means of prolonging the alien's life. Some sort of compatibility. I think the downside was it made the women reclusive and withdraw from the world; Crusher did try to leave Star Fleet. As parasitic aliens go, it wasn't that bad. And I think it jumped from generation to generation later in life, so the women were past childbearing age by the time the candle seduced them.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Definitely one of the weirder episodes, but in a funny way. It seems to be particularly loved by the fanfic Trekkies, for I think obvious reasons. Gates McFadden recently had a great call back to this episode on Twitter; well worth a minute of people's time. :D

Thanks for sending me down that rabbit hole with that tweet :D I came across this as a result.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/northern-irish-woman-married-300-year-old-pirate-ghost-divorced-spirit-using-169239?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=article&utm_medium=web

I guess "fact" is stranger than fiction :p
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    This could be the Beverly from that awful episode where the ghost lived in the candle at her grandmothers house. Yep. Sounds like a stupid episode. Cuz it was.

It's not. I will try to never let that happen.

oj9sct6tpgo0.png
    Ohh, @SunshineRiker, you failed us! You didn't try hard enough! :D:D
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Oh God, I just thought of something. What if the recurring legendary is the Sex Ghost? That would be more attention than that episode deserves.
    Or Crusher's grandmother!
    mojgjfwv3xc1.png

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Looking at the event notes for next week's event and have noticed the traits for Delta Flyer Torres are wrong ones as she is not Royalty etc or has her traits changed?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Sorry if iam being a tad dim but i am not seeing a preview for next week in my event hub and i tried restarting the game. Is the roll out staggered by chance? Not a major problem though as i have used the link you posted in OC to have a looksy and i'm liking the improved info shown about event crew. Edit: restarted at 5pm (uk) and now see it.👍