Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event "God of Thunder" - ME#2 (02/11)

13»

Comments

• Expedition Vash, being a Scoundrel keeps floating near the top for this event in Phase 2, and I was surprised to notice that she doesn't have the Romantic trait. I just rewatched that episode, and I know what she and J-L got up to... I don't buy she was just using him.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Can we talk for a minute about Bride Kasidy Danielle Yates and just how ridiculous her equipment builds are? She needs ALL the orchids but also a staggering number of holoprograms, a fair amount of spring wines and orb experiences, and at higher levels even needs a science experiment, and she needs them during a faction event where we only have Federation shuttles going. She is like the 2 skill Cyrus Redblock/Captain Proton Paris!

My main account equipped her without issue, but my alt has had to meltdown my replicator daily since the event started and I still don't have her finished!

I didn't even notice. I just quick-built everything. I'll have to focus on building those resources back.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 copies but I'm biased
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Can we talk for a minute about Bride Kasidy Danielle Yates and just how ridiculous her equipment builds are? She needs ALL the orchids but also a staggering number of holoprograms, a fair amount of spring wines and orb experiences, and at higher levels even needs a science experiment, and she needs them during a faction event where we only have Federation shuttles going. She is like the 2 skill Cyrus Redblock/Captain Proton Paris!

My main account equipped her without issue, but my alt has had to meltdown my replicator daily since the event started and I still don't have her finished!

Indeed; the holoprograms were particularly rough as I’d just used a bunch for Adira Tal and Lothario Q.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my fleet mates commented and I agree, is Yates supposed to have the Pilot trait and not? The other versions of her have it and there are a couple recipes that want a Pilot. I don't think any of the others have it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my fleet mates commented and I agree, is Yates supposed to have the Pilot trait and not? The other versions of her have it and there are a couple recipes that want a Pilot. I don't think any of the others have it.

I was thinking the same thing. None of the event crew have it, and it would make sense for her character. Another example of TP not bothering to check their product.
  • @Shan twice in a row during galaxy event this week and 2nd part of skirmish last week, there have been shuttles boost offers instead of the chron offer which is the one needed.
    Any reason for it?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan twice in a row during galaxy event this week and 2nd part of skirmish last week, there have been shuttles boost offers instead of the chron offer which is the one needed.
    Any reason for it?

Well, obviously the players did something wrong!!!!!

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • One of my fleet mates commented and I agree, is Yates supposed to have the Pilot trait and not? The other versions of her have it and there are a couple recipes that want a Pilot. I don't think any of the others have it.

I have been scratching my head trying to figure out which crew I'm supposed to use for all the Pilot builds.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering about Pilot also.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been scratching my head trying to figure out which crew I'm supposed to use for all the Pilot builds.

You guys aren't the only one. Unless this was meant to allow for Yates variants to be an option instead of the featured one, which seems odd, something is off.
    A 5/5 Diversion Yates might be useful.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

True. Now if only I had 1(/5) 😅
  • A 5/5 Diversion Yates might be useful.

How about a Badda-Bing Badda-Bang collection? :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Maybe a new Collection will be tied into the new Campaign. We'll know by midnight Eastern Wednesday night what the Campaign is.

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Maybe a new Collection will be tied into the new Campaign. We'll know by midnight Eastern Wednesday night what the Campaign is.

🥌🦞

They are playing it close to the vest this month. I'm rather curious about what it is now. Usually we know a week or more ahead. I'm usually looking at collections and roster improvements they can provide by the time I finish the previous one.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

I thought there was one!

🥌🦞

They are playing it close to the vest this month. I'm rather curious about what it is now. Usually we know a week or more ahead. I'm usually looking at collections and roster improvements they can provide by the time I finish the previous one.

The delayed announcement might be related to other things this week, that they were busy with.

🥌🦞
  • A 5/5 Diversion Yates might be useful.

I thought there was one!

We have Our Man Bashir, maybe that was what you were thinking of?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Probably.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s Mayweather!
    Let’s fly!
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    IceCat wrote: »

You guys aren't the only one. Unless this was meant to allow for Yates variants to be an option instead of the featured one, which seems odd, something is off.

And if I recall my DS9 correctly, which I usually do...
    It was a very specific plot point at the time of their marriage that when push came to shove between her and Benjamin that the one thing she absolutely would not do was...
    give up being a pilot.

mctdzellfq3w.gif

🥌🦞

The delayed announcement might be related to other things this week, that they were busy with.

🥌🦞

I suspect this is the whole of it. If they had put up the announcement during that 24 hour period, the forums would've eaten Shan alive.

🥌🦞

🥌🦞

I suspect this is the whole of it. If they had put up the announcement during that 24 hour period, the forums would've eaten Shan alive.

The thing is, IIRC, the announcement usually goes up on Wednesday or early Thursday the week before it starts. It would have normally been up before the fiasco started. Posting early with a holiday Monday (for some people) would have made sense.

🥌🦞

🥌🦞

The thing is, IIRC, the announcement usually goes up on Wednesday or early Thursday the week before it starts. It would have normally been up before the fiasco started. Posting early with a holiday Monday (for some people) would have made sense.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's usually a Thursday afternoon.
    Congrats @EnderW !
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    It’s been a crazy morning for me. Couldn’t get any sleep last night, so I decided to have some tea. Decided it should be special, so:

miw1mf3tvzbc.jpeg

I had forgotten I changed my in-game avatar, so it made the pic pretty awesome.

But that all backfired! I haven’t had Earl Grey in years and I ended up being super hyper and couldn’t sit down (I now understand why Picard likes it). I just kept pacing, all morning, all while trying to do well in this event. Decided to try for top 50; I’ve been waiting for my chance for that achievement for a year and a half. So I just kept plugging away and plugging away and plugging away. And then it was the end of the event and this happens:
    vo5rndbf311i.png

d9omvmyznq9j.png

Anyways, I’m eating manchego cheese now, because manchego cheese is for winners! That's not supposed to make any sense, that's how happy I am!!! 😂

Individual metabolisms are such a crazy thing!
    I essentially had to give up coffee years ago because it started making me jittery and wigged out and luckily was able to switch over almost entirely to Earl Grey since I already loved it and it is very easy on my system while still giving me just enough caffeine to allow me to drink four or five cups over the course of the first half of the day.

wfwobnxygoh1.gif
  • EnderW wrote: »
    It’s been a crazy morning for me. Couldn’t get any sleep last night, so I decided to have some tea. Decided it should be special, so:

miw1mf3tvzbc.jpeg

I had forgotten I changed my in-game avatar, so it made the pic pretty awesome.

But that all backfired! I haven’t had Earl Grey in years and I ended up being super hyper and couldn’t sit down (I now understand why Picard likes it). I just kept pacing, all morning, all while trying to do well in this event. Decided to try for top 50; I’ve been waiting for my chance for that achievement for a year and a half. So I just kept plugging away and plugging away and plugging away. And then it was the end of the event and this happens:
    vo5rndbf311i.png

d9omvmyznq9j.png

Anyways, I’m eating manchego cheese now, because manchego cheese is for winners! That's not supposed to make any sense, that's how happy I am!!! 😂

EDIT: I'm realizing in my half daze that some players might get the idea that I'm belittling them or anyone hit by the ban-wagon during this event. I swear I'm not; I think it all was over-the-top and terrible. I only missed the Glitch because of a work lunch and the grace of God; I'd have likely been out with pitchforks and fire all weekend too. I'm just really excited at ranking this high; I never thought I'd be able to do this in any event. I hope everyone can forgive me for being a half asleep, yet overly excited, buffon. :)

Congrats 🎉