Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event "God of Thunder" - ME#2 (02/11)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Event notes are up, hopefully without typos.
FYI this will be the last time I will provide crew stats as they will be visible to all in game, starting next week.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17540/faction-galaxy-event-notes-god-of-thunder-me-2-2021-02-11/

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that Soren is making it into the game! Kinda underwhelming from a stats perspective, but loving the representation.

Question: is there a reason the "Bridal" naming convention is switching to "Bride" for Yates?
  • edited February 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    FYI this will be the last time I will provide crew stats as they will be visible to all in game, starting next week.

End of an era
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I love that Soren is making it into the game! Kinda underwhelming from a stats perspective, but loving the representation.

Question: is there a reason the "Bridal" naming convention is switching to "Bride" for Yates?

I am pretty sure we didn't aim to have a naming convention surrounding for brides, so this is just a different take on a name.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the inclusion of Groom Worf. Is this the first time a character has been the existing character in an event before being added to the portal? There might have been one or two before, but it feels pretty rare.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, it's a one faction event. :(
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bride Troi appears to be a beast. (Sorry, PETA) (Not really.)

Troi has amazing stats.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name: Bridal Deanna Troi
    Rarity: Legendary
    Tier: 4
    Event Count: 14
    MED Rank: #20
    CMD Rank: #79
    VOY Rank: #137
    MED/CMD Voy: #1
    MED/CMD Base: #2
    MED/CMD/DIP: #5
    Name: Off Duty Janice Rand
    Rarity: Super Rare
    Tier: 9
    Event Count: 7
    DIP Rank: #208 (#34)
    CMD Rank: #282 (#81)
    VOY Rank: #507 (#56)
    DIP/CMD Voy: #161 (#15)
    DIP/CMD Base: #175 (#13)
    DIP/CMD/ENG: #15
    Name: Soren
    Rarity: Legendary
    Tier:
    Event Count:
    DIP Rank: #16
    ENG Rank: #74
    VOY Rank: #201
    DIP/ENG Voy: #14
    DIP/ENG Base: #3
    DIP/ENG/CMD: #11
    Name: Bride Kasidy Danielle Yates
    Rarity: Super Rare
    Tier:
    Event Count: 2
    DIP Rank: #192 (#25)
    CMD Rank: #331 (#118)
    VOY Rank: #711 (#260)
    DIP/CMD Voy: #127 (#2)
    DIP/CMD Base: #172 (#10)
  • robownage wrote: »

I have to agree that adding Soren is a great contribution.
  • Forgive me if I misunderstood, but shouldn’t the event preview be in the event hub now? I don’t see it
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soren was the androgynous being Riker fell for? The one that got "reoriented"? For feeling like a woman?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Soren was the androgynous being Riker fell for? The one that got "reoriented"? For feeling like a woman?

Yes
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    Event notes are up, hopefully without typos.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17540/faction-galaxy-event-notes-god-of-thunder-me-2-2021-02-11/

And you showed grace under pressure for years. I admire you for that, amongst many other things, @Shan . 8-)

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Exanimus wrote: »

Yes

I remembered something!

Back in the old days, when Star Trek was not socially sensitive. Genders being forced on people. Dax dating an ex, now that both were female, was "unacceptable". Crusher not minding sexually assaulting Riker, but "uncomfortable" when Odan got a female host.

Way different from modern Trek. Where most people don't even think about one of the strongest relationships on Disco being Paul & Hugh. Love the progress!

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I don't normally tread into socio-political discussions on here, but I always felt that it wasn't Trek that wasn't socially sensitive, but rather Trek dared to delve into issues that society of the day were insensitive to or fully unaccepting of. Trek always seemed to look towards a future that was more inclusive and used a futuristic show to challenge the current societal norms. This goes back to Trek featuring the first on-screen interracial kiss. No?

But, they usually "wimped out" on TNG & DS9, as far as actually coming out and saying "this is wrong". Dax's ex being shamed into denouncing her relationship with Dax. Soren taking the "cure" instead of letting Riker save her. Crusher not having a problem with using a slave body, until that slave body was the same gender. Her thin, sputtery "this is getting too weird with the body switches" excuse was TOO thin and sputtery.....

Just saying......

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Yes

I remembered something!

Back in the old days, when Star Trek was not socially sensitive. Genders being forced on people. Dax dating an ex, now that both were female, was "unacceptable". Crusher not minding sexually assaulting Riker, but "uncomfortable" when Odan got a female host.

Way different from modern Trek. Where most people don't even think about one of the strongest relationships on Disco being Paul & Hugh. Love the progress!

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I don't normally tread into socio-political discussions on here, but I always felt that it wasn't Trek that wasn't socially sensitive, but rather Trek dared to delve into issues that society of the day were insensitive to or fully unaccepting of. Trek always seemed to look towards a future that was more inclusive and used a futuristic show to challenge the current societal norms. This goes back to Trek featuring the first on-screen interracial kiss. No?

But, they usually "wimped out" on TNG & DS9, as far as actually coming out and saying "this is wrong". Dax's ex being shamed into denouncing her relationship with Dax. Soren taking the "cure" instead of letting Riker save her. Crusher not having a problem with using a slave body, until that slave body was the same gender. Her thin, sputtery "this is getting too weird with the body switches" excuse was TOO thin and sputtery.....

Just saying......

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻

Trek has always been very progressive from a socio-political standpoint, but Rick Berman was famously not interested in getting involved in LGBT issues, and pretty much nixed anything that involved exploring those ideas. I'm certain that Dax episode you're referring to never would have been allowed to happen if the character was male. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone outright call him a homophobe, but suffice to say I'm not upset that he's not around anymore.

Oy ... event.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

Yes

I remembered something!

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

First on-screen interracial kiss is a myth. It had been done a number of times on TV shows before. I think it works out as the first kiss between a black woman and white man on a US drama show, which is still significant but not quite as catchy.

Trek lagged behind plenty of other shows on representation in the 90s, much of that down to Berman, but also the aggressive response of a bigoted section of fandom (they got plenty of complaints for the tame kiss in Rejoined, and hate mail over the mere rumour of a gay character in Voyager).

While that bigoted portion of the fandom remains (look at the transphobic reaction to Adira), the writers and producers thankfully ignore it.

First TV interracial kiss was in Hot Summer Night, broadcast on 1 February 1959, and there are many more after it, but Plato's Stepchildren is often used as more popular example because it was important in US.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • When is this gonna show up in the event hub?

Captain Level 99

• ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, given my current crew slot limitations, I'm most excited about being able to complete and freeze both Yates and my 3* Groom Worf!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Event is still not visible in the event hub and the new crew not added
    to the vault.
    If they do it while Skirmishes is running, there might be server hick ups. 😰
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    to the vault.

Kindle had its 8.0.0 update this morning. I don't know if the second part comes from Amazon or STT, but I also got a notice that while the game is open it locks out Alexa, etc for better gaming. I have hopes for this improvement.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    to the vault.

Kindle had its 8.0.0 update this morning. I don't know if the second part comes from Amazon or STT, but I also got a notice that while the game is open it locks out Alexa, etc for better gaming. I have hopes for this improvement.

How is this any related to what i posted? Has zero to do with the
    new client, imho.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    to the vault.

How is this any related to what i posted? Has zero to do with the
    new client, imho.

Have you updated to 8.0.0? I have not and the event is in the event hub and new crew in the vault.
    Let’s fly!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I updated to the new iOS client yesterday, have restarted it multiple times over the last 24 hours, and ME#2 is not in the event hub, only ME#1 that starts momentarily.
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    I updated to the new iOS client yesterday, have restarted it multiple times over the last 24 hours, and ME#2 is not in the event hub, only ME#1 that starts momentarily.

Same here 🖖

Captain Level 99