Home The Bridge

Will you spend Dilithium on Quantum?

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
90 dil for 1 day worth of Quantum for the first purchase each day. Will you spend on that?
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Will you spend Dilithium on Quantum? 71 votes

No, natural regeneration will have to do.
63%
WaldoMagV.dext74barrydancerRaraRacingJayBeezyDrone_one[S47] ELiLSoupKitchen Rikergregorytbluetib[GoT] LuckyNumberHatTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)ThurthoradDScottHewittmarcuscatWebberoniDavideBooksTP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusNavarch 45 votes
I will buy Quantum occasionally if I want to get to use the awesome polestars I just have.
18%
KaiRoPhotonKimCFOHSilverknightrobownage[PFV] GrifterMúspell[BAD]PurplMonkiKPan [ISA]{PTC} KennyRiker's islan{DD}[CH] 76 suiteddenzil85IceCat 13 votes
I will do the first purchase each day to double my pulls.
9%
Zombie Squirrel [KM] WOLF 359[10F] SmockTeleHeliBylo Bandguest_688142280495107NoNameNamerCalabash 7 votes
I will buy even more than one lot per day.
0%
I plan to boycott Crew Retrieval altogether, so if course not!
1%
Uebermind 1 vote
Other (specify in the comments!)
7%
AviTrek(HGH)ApolloDirk GundersonEmperor Borg Drone (SC)EnderW 5 votes

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will buy Quantum occasionally if I want to get to use the awesome polestars I just have.
    I can see spending from time to time, but I usually tend to avoid spending dilithium on anything that isn't a pack.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    90 dil is 30% of a crew slot when there is a sale. It seems quite expensive to me. Plus I do not expect good (exotic) polestars to come around frequently, so I am doubtful that more than one pull every 18 days can be done senseful anyway.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    This really depends on how easy or difficult it will be to obtain constellations. From what I've understood, once the achievements and the free tutorial at launch are over, it will take a lot of time to obtain them and purchasing ISM with dilithium for extra scans will be extremely costy.

So my guess it that most of the time I will have more quantum than I need, because I will have no polestar combination that I actually want to use.

EDIT: ISM can't be purchased.
    This really depends on how easy or difficult it will be to obtain constellations. From what I've understood, once the achievements and the free tutorial at launch are over, it will take a lot of time to obtain them and purchasing ISM with dilithium for extra scans will be extremely costy.

So my guess it that most of the time I will have more quantum than I need, because I will have no polestar combination that I actually want to use.

ISM cannot be bought at all as far as I understood. Maybe through campaigns only.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

ISM cannot be bought at all as far as I understood. Maybe through campaigns only.

Which one was used to purchase scans again? :sweat_smile:

EDIT: You're right! ISM can't be purchased, so the option to purchase more than 1 or 2 extra scans isn't really a realistic goal. One more reason to believe that I won't use the feature very often, as I won't have any interesting polestar combinations to use.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the low odds of getting a constellation and the vanishingly small odds of that constellation giving you the polestar that you want/need, I'm struggling to see why anybody would spend on getting more quantum. You're going to need all of that recharge time to stand a chance of having something to do with the quantum once you have it.
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I wont be doing much of anything with the new feature. Not boycotting it, but just not interested in it.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I will, unless the results are superb (If I get the crew I actually want most of the time, maybe)
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will wait and see what happens. There are a lot of moving parts with this, so it will take some time for me to get a sense of what I want to do with it.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If polestars are abundant and I find myself being able to craft more crew than Quantum regeneration allows, I'd consider it. 900 dil (first 50q buy each day) would double your rate of producing retrievals. If I'm sitting on several guaranteed crew (or good odds), 900 dil for a legendary craft is pretty reasonable.

Won't be doing that at first, though. Would need to really be swimming in good options.
    If polestars are abundant and I find myself being able to craft more crew than Quantum regeneration allows, I'd consider it. 900 dil (first 50q buy each day) would double your rate of producing retrievals. If I'm sitting on several guaranteed crew (or good odds), 900 dil for a legendary craft is pretty reasonable.

Won't be doing that at first, though. Would need to really be swimming in good options.
    90/50*900= 1620

That plus around 5 mio. credits is the price tag if I am not mistaking.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Given the low odds of getting a constellation and the vanishingly small odds of that constellation giving you the polestar that you want/need, I'm struggling to see why anybody would spend on getting more quantum. You're going to need all of that recharge time to stand a chance of having something to do with the quantum once you have it.

Exactly. Given the low odds, high RNG, and likelihood that specific crew I want don't have an overly unique combo of skills/traits, this seems like a bunch of hoops to dance through to get a chance to spend $5 million credits on a glorified Tuesday pack. I think we'll be lucky to get the right combination of polestars to do more than a couple guaranteed (pool of 1) crew retrievals per year.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

90/50*900= 1620

That plus around 5 mio. credits is the price tag if I am not mistaking.

Oh you're right, I'm thinking 900 dil to simply double the recharge rate, not the ~900q needed to craft a gold.

The credit price is pretty paltry for endgame players, though. Begolds are roughly every 30-40m from credit packs and 5 mil credits is ~4.4k honor from credit packs. Retrieval will still be cheaper on credits than other sources of honor/gold star generation currently in game and have a tighter focus.

At max prices, 1,620 dil and 5k honor for a pull is not bad if you're only buying Q refreshes when you have the right polestars to guarantee the crew(s) you want. Remains to be seen how often that'll happen.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not committing to anything at this point. If I can get desired crew for less than it would cost normally, I may consider it.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I am only guessing here, I know nothing (seems like a familiar phrase wonder where I heard that before😉) about the new features.

My thought, I am in in a fleet of three accounts all mine. I am not going to leave my fleet, so I will get no ISM from fleet. Therefore, my guess is I will not need extra Quantum.

Yep, I actually started a 3rd account last megaevent. I swore I would never do that after my experience with two accounts. But, I have to say I found it enjoyable to play the game again rather than a chore. Problem is I spent money on it, not my intention initially. Will try to keep my spending on it to either monthly card or campaign or both from time to time. Already being challenged with the chron, Intel, and honor offer today. That honor is 100 of the 5* trainers. New accounts need those trainers badly. Love having a winning faction. I keep the shuttles at 30 minutes to return or less, provides both Chron and those 5* trainers. not the offer with honor, it is that one with 1300 dil. Even more tempting
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t say till I see the feature in action.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smeg no!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I'm not planning on spending dil, but I need to experience it first hand to really say. If there's a good deal, sure, I'll consider it. But I'm a pretty patient person, so I'm generally happy to wait a few extra days.

I tend to save up a lot of dil from my monthly card, and splurge when there's a good deal on a character I want, especially the 390 dil pulls during megas.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • We'll have to see how it all plays out after the first couple weeks, but I know a couple crew I am after that have been ridiculously elusive, so I may spend just for those at first.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I save it up for crew slots.

Besides, between the credit cost and limited constellation drops, I can't see myself having much ability or incentive to use it more than the refresh rate.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not purchase anything anymore.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Looks like TP will have to find another way to monetize this feature on a broad scale. LTOs incoming I guess...
  • No, natural regeneration will have to do.
    Until I see how this entire new system works, I am not dumping real world cash into it. Dill is hard enough to come by without wasting it on something like this.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how it compares to a 650 premium pull. No doubt buying enough Quantum to guarentee a 5* crew is appealing to some. I can't recall the costs that Ben said on stream but if it equates to something similar to the 1500 dilithium birthday beholds then that might be an acceptable compromise.
    Myself, like others, I am not for the start, will have to dig into the system for a while to see how it works balance wise.
    Hell nah
    Nope.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...