Home The Bridge
Options

They actually listened.

Comments

• Options
    Are they parsing out the stuff to the banned accounts? Because right now everything of mine related to crew retrieval is zeroed & I have no in game communication, no special pack available, nothing, nada, zip, zilch
  • Options
    Are they parsing out the stuff to the banned accounts? Because right now everything of mine related to crew retrieval is zeroed & I have no in game communication, no special pack available, nothing, nada, zip, zilch

Restart your client, you should get a message with few items and polestars.

• Options
    I have, several times
  • Options
    Yea i was in 1st place , lost all that it took me to get to that spot, not good, very angry over all of this, keep going all take it for the win cause i cant catch ya now , not your fault dont have ash in mouth im rooting for ya now...
  • Options
    I have, several times

Than wait, it will show up eventually.
  • Options
    Aha! Got the name to show up at least
  • Options
    Cpt dxCpt dx ✭✭✭
    It works mostly. Got everything back save for my dailies. And event time. I think.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear to the Lords of Kobol that it looks like everyone in the Gauntlet I was part of must have been banned.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    My main takeaways from this:

• too little, too late... the damage has been done
    • communication is still one of, if not the biggest issue, that TP has
    • this includes internally as they are clearly not on the same page, and one hand (department) doesn't know what the other is doing
    • there is absolutely no proper oversight, quality control, procedures for handling issues such as these, etc., and they are just making it up as they go and hoping for the best
    • nothing they have done properly acknowledges their poor choices, actions taken in bad faith, or compensates the entire player base for what was lost... not to mention takes ownership for the fallout that came from all of this

Maybe they've learned that it's a bit hard to undo the damage after you go full scorched earth and burn everything to the ground. Take the time to think things through before you take actions that can't easily be undone. Maybe.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Welcome to the club. I believe badges are in the back and we have all you can eat popcorn.
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot. You're supposed to just leave the windfall.

It's not a big deal.
    Really.

The fact is that any extra "positive" in the pool raises overall competitiveness.
    This means that everyone eventually has to wade into the pool either by a) spending, or b) playing harder.

Bugs are bad and they hurt, but they don't hurt as much as kicking your golden goose.
    So just don't release bugs as much.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t have the constellations and polestars I had before 11:00 yesterday. I was able to pinpoint Leucon but now I can’t.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a step
  • Options
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    First of all, that was disappointing because it was NOT an apology - just damage-control-speak...

But as far as their solution is concerned, what first came to my mind was how will this level the playing field in terms of Quantum? Constellations, Polestars, ISM, and credits are all important to Crew Retrieval, but Quantum is THE limiting currency. I would assume that many of the banned players initially retrieved Legendary crew like so many others, but now their Quantum will be "returned to full" (i.e. 1000) plus they will receive an additional 1000 Quantum (via in-game mail) like everyone else. While I sympathize with their 1+ day ban, would that not give them an advantage over other players who have been slowly recharging from around 100 Quantum or so since Wednesday? So based on recent communications, it sounds like the banned players would be able to immediately retrieve 2 Legendaries while everyone else would only have enough Quantum to retrieve 1 Legendary.

Did I miss something?

While it's fun to talk about competitive balance, this game's limited RNG mechanics really just bring it down to cash.
    And there's a lot of RNG between the loot and the result too.
    Because of all that any 'advantages' will be quickly wiped out and will average out over time.

In other words, even if I luck into, say a Gary Seven, I still need to level him up (RNG, chrons, shuttles), use him effectively, have an event that boosts him, etc.
    That's without accounting for the fact that while I might have gotten 1, someone might have gotten 2 in a pack.

Ultimately, what you do in the game that will impact your experience more than someone possibly having an extra doodad because the devs screwed up.
  • Options
    Again, that impact is infinitesimally small because you have to have the polestars to align the right legendary.
    And even then, you'd need a really simplistic roster to super-benefit from an extra 1/5.
    On average, the "advantage" would be microscopic.

(BTW, I have 2000 quantum, but I'm I'm losing the quantum regrowth while I sit on it. So having more isn't necessarily a blessing or a benefit either.)

You could also think of it this way... Mirror Picard, EV Archer and Prince Bashir. These are toons that players in the past have received for free, but if you started today you don't get any of those. Advantage, yes. Gamebreaking or destroy-your-experience level? Ehh.
    Or... A guy bought their 5/5 for this event... It improved their experience, but it doesn't really impact yours.

The spare junk and quantum is the same way; some got it, you might not have, and it ultimately won't really affect your experience.
    Maybe you need to send one more shuttle for an event... So did everyone else, it's inflation.